Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    So has anyone tried the GPS on their new iPhone? Any Navigation?

What are you using and how do you like it?
    02-07-2011 10:59 AM
    Navigon...Love every second. Just make sure you have a cig lighter or means of charging. Now you have a reply...
    07-14-2011 03:31 PM
    I've used MapQuest which is free btw and its voice turn by turn worked well even with Pandora streaming in the background.
    07-14-2011 03:58 PM
    The hardware of the GPS chip in the Verizon iPhone seems to be as good or better than any stand alone Garmin or TomTom that I have experience with - the key is the app. You need a good one. If you go to the App Store, and sort them by "Most Popular" there's a reason that the top ones are there - they work well. All you have to do is decide if you want an app that loads a full set of maps to your phone, or - if you want to rely on caching maps from "the cloud" as you go... personally, I've used the Garmin app and Telenav - both of which have maps "in the cloud" and TomTom & Navigon - which load maps to the phone. I prefer Navigon - as it has a full map, and gives me a user experience closest to a Garmin Nuvi 7xx or better stand-alone gps - and Navigon, now that Garmin owns them - is only going to get better.

Also - the Navigon app also kicks butt on an iPad... even a wifi one - with the caveat that you need an external source for a GPS receiver - there are bluetooth ones, or a device called BadElf that plugs into the charging/data port on a wifi iPad.
    Last edited by kch50428; 07-14-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    07-14-2011 04:29 PM
    The hardware of the GPS chip in the Verizon iPhone seems to be as good or better than any stand alone Garmin or TomTom that I have experience with - the key is the app. You need a good one. If you go to the App Store, and sort them by "Most Popular" there's a reason that the top ones are there - they work well. All you have to do is decide if you want an app that loads a full set of maps to your phone, or - if you want to rely on caching maps from "the cloud" as you go... personally, I've used the Garmin app and Telenav - both of which have maps "in the cloud" and TomTom & Navigon - which load maps to the phone. I prefer Navigon - as it has a full map, and gives me a user experience closest to a Garmin Nuvi 7xx or better stand-alone gps - and Navigon, now that Garmin owns them - is only going to get better.
    I also have Navigon and like it quite a bit. I used MotionX GPS Drive on a recent trip to Florida and it worked well enough, but noticed that it had a tougher time finding GPS signal than Navigon. I'll likely stick with Navigon as my primary tool and only use MotionX as a backup.
    07-15-2011 07:24 AM
    Navigon...Love every second. J
    Yup, same here. I've been using Navigon for over a year and it is one of the best apps on my iPhone. Directions are spot on and it is quick to redirect you, should you make a wrong turn.
    07-15-2011 09:43 AM
    +100 for Navigon...Im gonna try mapquest...Im not crazy about them though. Google Maps>Mapquest ...too bad I couldn't have that ported over from Android lol. :x
    07-16-2011 10:11 AM
    +100 for Navigon...Im gonna try mapquest...Im not crazy about them though. Google Maps>Mapquest ...too bad I couldn't have that ported over from Android lol. :x
    MapQuest from my experience definitely performed better on my Androids than it did on my iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    07-16-2011 10:43 AM
    MapQuest from my experience definitely performed better on my Androids than it did on my iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

So I should probably just stick to Navigon?
    07-16-2011 01:51 PM
    So I should probably just stick to Navigon?
    I am... I've seen no reason to change in this discussion.
    L_Boogie820 likes this.
    07-16-2011 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD