I have an old school firewire plug in the wall charger/cable from an iPod I bought years ago.

Can I use this as a backup wall charger for my new iPhone?

Thanks.
    02-07-2011 10:21 AM
    I have an old school firewire plug in the wall charger/cable from an iPod I bought years ago.

Can I use this as a backup wall charger for my new iPhone?

Thanks.
    It will probably work but if it doesn't you'll get a message saying the accessory is not compatible and no damage will be done.
    02-07-2011 10:28 AM
    Let me ask you a question.... wouldn't you test it regardless of the answers you got on here anyway?
    02-07-2011 10:28 AM
    Let me ask you a question.... wouldn't you test it regardless of the answers you got on here anyway?
    I can see some people being hesitant to try it due to thinking if it doesn't work properly it would cause damage.
    02-07-2011 10:30 AM
    I can see some people being hesitant to try it due to thinking if it doesn't work properly it would cause damage.
    Yeah that's true. I think the majority of people on here are also not 100% sure but would think it's possible.

To the OP, go on eBay and get some iPhone accessories..... very cheap. I got back up chargers and cables all over the place. Ironically, the iPhone 4 has a very good battery.
    02-07-2011 10:33 AM
    I'm not a funzinune. I wouldnt just throw a new device on an older charger and hope for the best.

I thought thats the reason these forums exist...for information.

Jeremy Sikora...thank you for your input.
    02-07-2011 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD