Verizion upgrade

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I called verizon and asked the lady if they could change my upgrade date. She said "no, its in 2012...." I said "well I really want the iphone, ive been with verizon for years, and att can give it to me faster." she put me on hold...came back and said "my supervisor is currently changing your upgrade date to THIS july" which is nice because of the iphone 5.

My question is, do they mark that in the account as a manual change? I am tempted to call verizon again and be like "my upgrade is in july...is there anything you can do?"

I dont know though. I want the iphone.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am sure they make notes in the account as well as changing the upgrade date. According to my rep, that is called a manager override which shows up differently in their system.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So yesterday I called verizon and asked the lady if they could change my upgrade date. She said "no, its in 2012...." I said "well I really want the iphone, ive been with verizon for years, and att can give it to me faster." she put me on hold...came back and said "my supervisor is currently changing your upgrade date to THIS july" which is nice because of the iphone 5.

My question is, do they mark that in the account as a manual change? I am tempted to call verizon again and be like "my upgrade is in july...is there anything you can do?"

I dont know though. I want the iphone.

There definitely are notes on your account stating what they did and when.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So because you're not eligible for an upgrade you are going to whine about it? This is why companies frequently change their upgrade terms because people always want to get over on the system to get what they want. We are lucky that we don't live in a place where they don't offer phone subsidies and have to pay full retail for everything. You want an iPhone, PAY FULL PRICE. Period.

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll just wait to july. Like JSerr1 said, even if iphone 5 doesnt happen in july i can jump on iphone4.

Another reason why I wanted it now though is some people think their unlimited plan is going out soon.

So because you're not eligible for an upgrade you are going to whine about it? This is why companies frequently change their upgrade terms because people always want to get over on the system to get what they want. We are lucky that we don't live in a place where they don't offer phone subsidies and have to pay full retail for everything. You want an iPhone, PAY FULL PRICE. Period.

I am on my second droid x, that constantly locks up and freezes, and i dont want to keep a phone that keeps freezing when i want to use it. first one wasnt too bad but they gave me another second one is worse. even with no applications put on it, its sucky.

Last edited:

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll just wait to july. Like JSerr1 said, even if iphone 5 doesnt happen in july i can jump on iphone4.

Another reason why I wanted it now though is some people think their unlimited plan is going out soon.

that is sick that they at leasted moved it up. i have been with verizon for many years and they are making me wait till the 13

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just dont want to find someone having a bad day and watch my upgrade bounce back.

We had 2 phones that were due an upgrade in April, and my mom (business account manager) called our rep and she said he was happy to move our upgrades up for the preorder.

This is about 12 hours after i was told they werent doing early upgrades for the ip4, so it really does deend on who you talk to.

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It depends on who you talk to for sure. I however haven't been successful with getting mine moved up from 2/17. I'm trying to figure out how some people have a $100 NE2 credit and my NE2 credit is only for $50....