[Official] Received my VZW iPhone

rynoondew

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine was supposed to be delivered by noon... I waited until 1pm... And then the status on the UPS website changed from "out for delivery" to "In Transit"... So I called UPS.. said it had been put on hold by the shipper.. Called Big Red... was told that they were not to be delivered by UPS until the 10th. Said their system is not ready for the iphone and it is in my best interest to wait until the 10th. Would have been nice to know this was going to happen so I didn't waste my whole day. I think what really happened was they were not ready for the amount of activations they got today and its messing up their network.. So all of us west coasters are getting screwed.. Well I said it the other day.. if I get it on Monday my expectations will have been exceeded.. Guess what.. They aren't!

qkrrlxo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine was supposed to be delivered by noon... I waited until 1pm... And then the status on the UPS website changed from "out for delivery" to "In Transit"... So I called UPS.. said it had been put on hold by the shipper.. Called Big Red... was told that they were not to be delivered by UPS until the 10th. Said their system is not ready for the iphone and it is in my best interest to wait until the 10th. Would have been nice to know this was going to happen so I didn't waste my whole day. I think what really happened was they were not ready for the amount of activations they got today and its messing up their network.. So all of us west coasters are getting screwed.. Well I said it the other day.. if I get it on Monday my expectations will have been exceeded.. Guess what.. They aren't!

are you sure about this? Mine did the same thing on my ups tracking status. I called UPS and they said its going to be here no later then 7.. and it is going to get delivered today.

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon iphone 4 is HSPA+ capable and it has two antennas, not one like ATT

probably going to be the same design for the iphone 5 for att

rynoondew

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
are you sure about this? Mine did the same thing on my ups tracking status. I called UPS and they said its going to be here no later then 7.. and it is going to get delivered today.

At this point I am not sure of anything.. UPS said it will still be delivered today.. but they couldn't tell me when.. But that the shipper had placed a hold on it.. Verizon said they put a hold on all shipments that hadn't been delivered because they weren't supposed to go out until the 10th. That their network is not ready until then.. I don't believe that either.. So I am still sitting here waiting.

qkrrlxo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
At this point I am not sure of anything.. UPS said it will still be delivered today.. but they couldn't tell me when.. But that the shipper had placed a hold on it.. Verizon said they put a hold on all shipments that hadn't been delivered because they weren't supposed to go out until the 10th. That their network is not ready until then.. I don't believe that either.. So I am still sitting here waiting.

If i dont get my phone today i'll be damn pissed.. i'm going to call verizon and file a compliant!!!!!

smh16

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine showed up with our UPS guy at 2:30. I had to wait until I was done with work at 4:30 to open up that box. I'm now all activated and synced, and even made a call to my boyfriend. Right now I'm downloading the software update while eating dinner and browsing the forums. :D

Last I heard, one of my co-workers was still waiting for his to show up via FedEx.:(

mzone#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be more pissed at Verizon. I called ups and they said my package has been put on hold. They don't know when it will be released for delivery. For some reason Verizon wouldnt allow it for delivery. I missed a whole day of work to be able to sign for the package...

rynoondew

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't be more pissed at Verizon. I called ups and they said my package has been put on hold. They don't know when it will be released for delivery. For some reason Verizon wouldnt allow it for delivery. I missed a whole day of work to be able to sign for the package...

I am right there with you.. The other issue I have is my wife's phone isn't working at all. I would have gone with a replacement phone but since we were gettting the Iphone's "Monday" I waited... It wouldn't be so bad if they had all just been forthright in the info.. AND for the fact that everyone else is getting their's

qkrrlxo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am right there with you.. The other issue I have is my wife's phone isn't working at all. I would have gone with a replacement phone but since we were gettting the Iphone's "Monday" I waited... It wouldn't be so bad if they had all just been forthright in the info.. AND for the fact that everyone else is getting their's

I think you'll get your phone today.. i think its just delay.. I just got mine 2 mins ago..

Reactions: Nytngale

mzone#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah im still not sure why my phone was turned back. While everybody else got theirs...It said it was supposed to be delivered by today and now idk when ill get it.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered today by UPS---no hold on it. I'm not sure what's going on with those of you who didn't get your iPhone's today, it doesn't make sense.

I was out all day and left a note for UPS to please deliver it to my neighbor, specified the neighbor's name and address. Lo and behold I got home a few minutes ago, went to my neighbor's house, and she had my package. She said that she was grilled by the UPS guy before he would turn it over to her (not our usual delivery person, apparently they put more people on some routes today), but he did leave it with her. It helped that I specified her full name along with her address or I'm not sure that he would have left the package with her.

I've opened it, looked at it lovingly, and had to put it back in the box for awhile. I'm almost afraid to activate it and have a problem because so far things have gone almost too smoothly for me. That always scares me. :eek:

rynoondew

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well if it mine doesn't show up by 6 tonight.. I will be trying to make a trip to UPS customer care center and try to get them there...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner