Ok so i have a question, that i have had for a while now actually. Now while im sure that having push on for email drains your battery, is it like, a major drain or is it just minor? And which is better for battery, having push on, or fetch on at hourly intervals? I have read a bunch of stuff around the internet. But get mixed results, hoping someone here can help clear this up for me.
    02-07-2011 12:50 AM
    Push drains the battery slightly. The more apps you have on push, the more drain you get. It all adds up.
    02-07-2011 02:26 AM
    Ok so i have a question, that i have had for a while now actually. Now while im sure that having push on for email drains your battery, is it like, a major drain or is it just minor? And which is better for battery, having push on, or fetch on at hourly intervals? I have read a bunch of stuff around the internet. But get mixed results, hoping someone here can help clear this up for me.
    If you are talking about one email account, you will not see a hit on your battery life it's so minor. You will easily get through the day with the battery life on a iPhone 4.
    JasonG likes this.
    02-07-2011 09:46 AM
    The comparison between Push & Fetch on battery life, from my experience, is more reliant on how much email you receive than much else.

The more email you get the more push will drain your battery compared to fetching per hour. If you get very few emails ( less than 1 / hour ) you'll be "checking" your email less and then have less of a battery hit
    02-07-2011 01:28 PM
    Honestly, the battery life is so impressive that push is no longer a concern to me.

Apple definitely raised the bar on battery this time around.
    02-07-2011 08:09 PM
    i agree, honestly, it was just a curiosity thing
    02-07-2011 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD