Push and battery life

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i have a question, that i have had for a while now actually. Now while im sure that having push on for email drains your battery, is it like, a major drain or is it just minor? And which is better for battery, having push on, or fetch on at hourly intervals? I have read a bunch of stuff around the internet. But get mixed results, hoping someone here can help clear this up for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Push drains the battery slightly. The more apps you have on push, the more drain you get. It all adds up.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok so i have a question, that i have had for a while now actually. Now while im sure that having push on for email drains your battery, is it like, a major drain or is it just minor? And which is better for battery, having push on, or fetch on at hourly intervals? I have read a bunch of stuff around the internet. But get mixed results, hoping someone here can help clear this up for me.

If you are talking about one email account, you will not see a hit on your battery life it's so minor. You will easily get through the day with the battery life on a iPhone 4.

Reactions: JasonG

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The comparison between Push & Fetch on battery life, from my experience, is more reliant on how much email you receive than much else.

The more email you get the more push will drain your battery compared to fetching per hour. If you get very few emails ( less than 1 / hour ) you'll be "checking" your email less and then have less of a battery hit

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, the battery life is so impressive that push is no longer a concern to me.

Apple definitely raised the bar on battery this time around.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2