New to iPhone

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone:

I'm new here as well and also a former BB user. Those that have suggested no comparison with the iPhone are correct, the iPhone is so much more user friendly and advanced and I'm just beginning to learn what it can do. I had a more limited budget and chose the 3GS model, but it is amazing. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and sharing what I know.

chesterhound

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
New here as well, I was going to grab an iPhone today but i need to wait until March first since my Sprint billing cycle doesnt end till March 5th... and Im not about to let Sprint ride on a free $100.

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was a Pre user, never liked the BB. When I told Sprint today that I wasnt interested in any Androids, they offered a BB device. I feel they are too cumbersome. I hear the email software is awesome though.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Remmy, I really think you should wait until June for the new iPhone to come out. There are rumors of multiple iPhones being released, a standard iPhone upgrade, iPhone nano, and even an iPhone with a physical keyboard.

Even if you just want the regular old iPhone form factor it is worth the wait for the upgrades coming. 3 months is nothing when you've already been waiting so long.

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up but ive got to get out of this hardware. This phone is falling apart. Its over a year old but its one of the worst phone builds in history.

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I feel ya remmy...disappointed with HP's new phones and inability to put webos 2.0 on original Sprint Pre. Activating my Iphone today and leaving Sprint...which I'm hating having to do but their phones suck and my Pre is dying a slow death.

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was a diehard BB advocate and it is still a good device for email, but the iPhone is a GREAT device for everything I need it for. Remmy, I left Sprint too after their latest $10 add on fee(I have 5 lines, so $50 more each month wasn't gonna work). If you are looking for a good deal on the iPhone, check out the AT&T Premier site. If you have a work or school email, chances are you qualify for a discount. I was able to get the iPhone 3GS for $19 and get 20% off my voice and data every month. They even have the iPhone 4 for $99. Like any other carrier, do your homework and make sure the coverage in your area is there. Good Luck!

chesterhound

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am joining you all after many years of resistance (I really am a MAC I just didn't want an iPhone) from a Pre and WebOS. I love WebOS but I am kind of frustrated with the way things are now with HP and after Sprint gave me a proverbial punch in the nose after my long years with them.

I am getting the ATT one as I can get a discount through them from work. This should be interesting!

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just think it's funny that many people talk about how great BB's are for email however if you compare them to an iPhone they're clearly second rate. If you're just judging by speed then yes, they're good for email but when it comes to actually reading the email ( the important part ) iPhone is superior. iPhone displays emails the way they're supposed to be, just as if you were viewing from a computer, try doing that on a BlackBerry.

I used BB for approx 4 years and just switched from a Storm 2 and I can't believe how much better the iPhone is. I was worried about not receiving emails as quick but that worry was gone the first day. I've sent test emails from my computer & received them on my iPhone within 5 seconds consistently.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on, just wanted to make a quick point.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77