View Poll Results: Who will be delivering your i-Phone?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fed-Ex

41 66.13%
  • UPS

21 33.87%
    Just found out that to have my i-phone delivered tomorrow somebody needs to sign for it. We work until 5:00 at night and it will be delievered before 3:00. I understand you can buy a ticket so you don't need a signuture. I'm dissappointed. I realize that it is an expensive piece but I don't know when i am going to have time to pick it up from fed-ex. Anyone else in this situation??

-Ryan
    02-06-2011 06:44 PM
    All the packages say indirect signature required. We've been saying that forever now. You can either leave a note and MAYBE the driver is a schmuck and will leave it. Have them deliver it to a neighbor and they can sign. If not just pick it up after work. It's really not that serious.
    02-06-2011 06:46 PM
    I will be here for it, but I've also left a signed note for him and they have left it.
    02-06-2011 06:55 PM
    If you ordered from Apple you can go on their website and print out a form you can fill out to give permission for Fed-Ex to leave your package.
    02-06-2011 06:59 PM
    If you ordered from Apple you can go on their website and print out a form you can fill out to give permission for Fed-Ex to leave your package.
    What about for VZW?
    02-06-2011 07:17 PM
    What about for VZW?
    No clue, I'm a AT&T customer.
    02-06-2011 07:21 PM
    Did you guys ever think that if you left a signed note, your delivery person can just keep the package. You'd have no recourse because someone else could have stolen it. The driver could then sell it craigslist and even though VZW will blacklist the phone, it'll mess up your day. I would only want them to deliver to my neighbor or I'll get it myself.
    02-06-2011 07:22 PM
    I would call out sick from work... Illness is Vipolitess simplex 4.
    02-06-2011 07:34 PM
    Did you guys ever think that if you left a signed note, your delivery person can just keep the package. You'd have no recourse because someone else could have stolen it. The driver could then sell it craigslist and even though VZW will blacklist the phone, it'll mess up your day. I would only want them to deliver to my neighbor or I'll get it myself.
    If he were to play that game then I'd say "I never left a note." "Yeah, you did." "Prove it." "Well, uh, I saw it and uh...." "$700 please!"
    02-06-2011 07:48 PM
    If he were to play that game then I'd say "I never left a note." "Yeah, you did." "Prove it." "Well, uh, I saw it and uh...." "$700 please!"
    But they would obviously take the note with them and scan it in the system as proof as they need to for all packages that customers leave notes for. So what happens after they "leave it" isn't their problem because the receiver assumed all risk by authorizing the courier to leave the package.
    02-06-2011 07:59 PM
    Sucks for me. My ETD is 8 Feb! At least I'll be home for it!
    02-06-2011 08:02 PM
    Good points only bad thing my nearest fed ex where the phone will be is half an hour away :-/
    02-06-2011 08:20 PM
    I had mine shipped to my grandmother's house since she sits at home all day watching soap operas. LOL.
    02-06-2011 08:22 PM
    Coming via UPS by 3pm. I'll be home, anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    02-06-2011 08:28 PM
    I will be at school, praying the Fedex person is nice enough to accept my note as a signature.
    ryan8 likes this.
    02-06-2011 08:31 PM
    Coming via UPS by 3pm. I'll be home, anxiously awaiting its arrival.
    Good idea wish i would of thought of that. My Grandfather watching country westerns LOL. He doesn't even know what a cell phone is but would at least sign for it!
    02-06-2011 09:12 PM
    But they would obviously take the note with them and scan it in the system as proof as they need to for all packages that customers leave notes for. So what happens after they "leave it" isn't their problem because the receiver assumed all risk by authorizing the courier to leave the package.
    im going to leave a note....we have had packages outside when we have not been home and has been fine plus theres like 16 inches of snow on the ground so people wont even see the package at my front door lol
    02-06-2011 10:18 PM
    I had mine shipped to my grandmother's house since she sits at home all day watching soap operas. LOL.
    yeah that is a good idea lol i should have had it shipped to my work since thats where i will be
    02-06-2011 10:20 PM
    I will be at school, praying the Fedex person is nice enough to accept my note as a signature.
    same here, and then im rushing home before practice starts to see if i got it.
    02-06-2011 10:55 PM
    im going to leave a note....we have had packages outside when we have not been home and has been fine plus theres like 16 inches of snow on the ground so people wont even see the package at my front door lol
    I never had problems either. Never been in a car accident, doesn't mean it can't happen. But my scenario wasn't about someone else stealing it, it was about the DRIVER stealing it. Snow isn't a factor because he's the one delivering the phone. You just never know how shady some people can be. Some people do dumb things for money. And I was just throwing that out there because it happened last year and was on the news. It's a long shot but just a thought. I know I don't want my package with a brand new iPhone sitting outside for 6 hours or more. I much rather go pick it up after I get off work. Just my thoughts.
    02-06-2011 11:29 PM
    I never had problems either. Never been in a car accident, doesn't mean it can't happen. But my scenario wasn't about someone else stealing it, it was about the DRIVER stealing it. Snow isn't a factor because he's the one delivering the phone. You just never know how shady some people can be. Some people do dumb things for money. And I was just throwing that out there because it happened last year and was on the news. It's a long shot but just a thought. I know I don't want my package with a brand new iPhone sitting outside for 6 hours or more. I much rather go pick it up after I get off work. Just my thoughts.
    I agree with you on that. I don't want it outside without me home at all. Though waiting to go pick it up later that night, or if they don't let me do that, making me pick it up the next day will be hell. :P
    02-06-2011 11:49 PM
    Tomorrow can't come soon enough
    02-07-2011 12:04 AM
    I agree with you on that. I don't want it outside without me home at all. Though waiting to go pick it up later that night, or if they don't let me do that, making me pick it up the next day will be hell. :P
    i dont have that option to go get it because that fedex building to to far away
    02-07-2011 12:28 AM
    Well I'm gonna risk it - because it appears the facility where it is is 30min from my house also. I just called fedex, too, and they confirmed that you can leave a hand written note with a signature. I just asked them to put it under my door mat and away from the elements.
    02-07-2011 08:53 AM
    I called CS and asked if I could just come and pick it up since they are 20 min away and the girl said that you can only do a pick up after a 3rd delivery attempt...mine is at the local facility, but not on the truck...wondering if I should just call the local facility and ask them instead of going through the 1-800 number...damn...I really thought it would be on the truck this morning. It has been in Cleveland all weekend...
    02-07-2011 09:01 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD