Fed-Ex Needs Signature For Delivery!

Who will be delivering your i-Phone?

• Total voters

ryan8

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just found out that to have my i-phone delivered tomorrow somebody needs to sign for it. We work until 5:00 at night and it will be delievered before 3:00. I understand you can buy a ticket so you don't need a signuture. I'm dissappointed. I realize that it is an expensive piece but I don't know when i am going to have time to pick it up from fed-ex. Anyone else in this situation??

-Ryan

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
All the packages say indirect signature required. We've been saying that forever now. You can either leave a note and MAYBE the driver is a schmuck and will leave it. Have them deliver it to a neighbor and they can sign. If not just pick it up after work. It's really not that serious.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you ordered from Apple you can go on their website and print out a form you can fill out to give permission for Fed-Ex to leave your package.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys ever think that if you left a signed note, your delivery person can just keep the package. You'd have no recourse because someone else could have stolen it. The driver could then sell it craigslist and even though VZW will blacklist the phone, it'll mess up your day. I would only want them to deliver to my neighbor or I'll get it myself.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys ever think that if you left a signed note, your delivery person can just keep the package. You'd have no recourse because someone else could have stolen it. The driver could then sell it craigslist and even though VZW will blacklist the phone, it'll mess up your day. I would only want them to deliver to my neighbor or I'll get it myself.

If he were to play that game then I'd say "I never left a note." "Yeah, you did." "Prove it." "Well, uh, I saw it and uh...." "$700 please!"

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If he were to play that game then I'd say "I never left a note." "Yeah, you did." "Prove it." "Well, uh, I saw it and uh...." "$700 please!"

But they would obviously take the note with them and scan it in the system as proof as they need to for all packages that customers leave notes for. So what happens after they "leave it" isn't their problem because the receiver assumed all risk by authorizing the courier to leave the package.

PSU

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had mine shipped to my grandmother's house since she sits at home all day watching soap operas. LOL.

ndcc1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
But they would obviously take the note with them and scan it in the system as proof as they need to for all packages that customers leave notes for. So what happens after they "leave it" isn't their problem because the receiver assumed all risk by authorizing the courier to leave the package.

im going to leave a note....we have had packages outside when we have not been home and has been fine plus theres like 16 inches of snow on the ground so people wont even see the package at my front door lol

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
im going to leave a note....we have had packages outside when we have not been home and has been fine plus theres like 16 inches of snow on the ground so people wont even see the package at my front door lol

I never had problems either. Never been in a car accident, doesn't mean it can't happen. But my scenario wasn't about someone else stealing it, it was about the DRIVER stealing it. Snow isn't a factor because he's the one delivering the phone. You just never know how shady some people can be. Some people do dumb things for money. And I was just throwing that out there because it happened last year and was on the news. It's a long shot but just a thought. I know I don't want my package with a brand new iPhone sitting outside for 6 hours or more. I much rather go pick it up after I get off work. Just my thoughts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR