Blackberry Storm typing to Iphone typing- Ready?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Its weird, i am looking foward to the iphone but i honestly loved typing on the storm 2. i really got used to it. the phone drives me crazy, when i open a BBM it takes 15 sec to actually open and sometimes when i type its laggy but i am sure i will get used to the iphone. Blackberry did blow it. The storm had potential but they forget about it and let it be. I didnt even download the latest upgrade.

I downloaded .1041 in hopes that it would fix the lag in BBM and SMS but to no avail, OS 5.0 just straight up blows

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Storm 2 and the only thing I will miss is being able to capitalize by just holding the letter longer. I have been using my iPod touch for a while and like typing on it just as well as my BB.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what it is about BBM. but i love it. yet when i get a BBM and click on it, it takes 15-20 sec to actually open the conversation. drives me crazy.. But i love the typing and bbm. I know i will catch on to iphone, hopefully. But i love love love the fact i can have my ipod and phone in one. I never put music on storm, idk why just never did but with itunes on the phone i would be set and faster internet.

Sosai X

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm a day-one Blackberry Storm 9530 user and I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my 32GB iPhone 4 tomorrow. I still really like the S1 - never had any real issues with it, believe it or not - but I'm looking forward to having a much more fluid OS and web browser.

I'll miss the ability to customize my SMS tones however.

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Storm 1 on launch day and replaced it only once.

I am going to miss SurePress with SureType enabled in portrait. I actually liked the SurePress screen and couple type reasonably fast on the Storm. My iPhone should be in tomorrow but I am a bit apprehensive about typing on it.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Storm 1 on launch day and replaced it only once.

I am going to miss SurePress with SureType enabled in portrait. I actually liked the SurePress screen and couple type reasonably fast on the Storm. My iPhone should be in tomorrow but I am a bit apprehensive about typing on it.

in the same boat as you but i have storm 2. i am so fast and love it. but i am concerned that i am so used to the storm 2 that i wont like typing on the iphone... but my phone has been annoying me the last 2-3 days. takes 15 seconds for BBM to open. its been laggy when i type. getting sick of it..

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've actually been practicing on my iPod to get use to it since its the same as the iPhone4.. so I'm ready for it to get here tomorrow :D

i have used my ipod as practice ( once in a while), but never a huge fan. But i know it takes time to catch on. My ipod is also from aug 08 ( so whatever generation that was) and i am sure its smoother and a little different on the iphone?

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I already own an iPad and I jailbreak everyone's iPhones and iPod Touches in my school, I've handled at least 250 and have had to add sources etc. every time. It's not really that hard to get used to. If you can already type on a virtual keyboard then you're pretty much a natural.

keh

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my storm 1 for a couple years and type very quickly on it. I use ping on my touch and type even faster on it and it's much easier on my thumbs than the storm. It doesnt take too long to get used to the difference. Just expect some multiple repeat letters at first because you didn't hear the click.

wolverine318

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
it is easy. I also have a storm2 but I also have a first generation ipod touch. Typing on an iphone/ipod touch is much easier than on a storm. The hepatic typing is good in theory, but the execution was poor.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Its fairly seamless as long as you dont hold onto the whole "click screen" crap. The iPhone actually knows where your fingers are trying to touch very well. Whenever I would pull my iPod touch out of my pocket after using my Storm2 for a while, I could sometimes actually type better on the iPod touch. Should be fine.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I think i am used to the "click" but i am sure i will be alright. I was messing with my ipod and i wasnt doing too bad. i think i just want to be as fast as i am on my storm!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73