Blackberry Storm typing to Iphone typing- Ready?

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the first blackberry storm when it first came out Dec 08, then October 09 i got the storm 2 and i have had it since. I love the typing on it. I am so fast and love it. But i am sick of BB and the slow internet and want to go for the iphone. How do you think it will be to learn how to type on the iphone? I have the ipod touch and i try typing on that and its not too bad but what do you guys think? Anyone else going from storm 2 to iphone?

jserr1

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have the BB Storm 2. I like typing on the iPhone. It's very persise and accurate. The storm click screen it the worse creation and is the worse for speed. I can not wait to switch phone. Rim really messed things up with the storm. They never gave a crap about the consumer. There upgrade are the worse and the latest was crappy. I can't believe they made the os 6 and refused to include storm users. By far, the curve was Rims best and they messed that up with the os. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the new typing on the iPhone...

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S1 since release and just pre-ordered the iPhone4, I went skiing and to Vegas with my friends and I was playing around with his iPhone and it seems like a pretty seamless transition, not too much to get used to just dont push too hard on the screen waiting for it to click. I don't aniticipate any problems and only give myself a week or so as my learning curve

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Its weird, i am looking foward to the iphone but i honestly loved typing on the storm 2. i really got used to it. the phone drives me crazy, when i open a BBM it takes 15 sec to actually open and sometimes when i type its laggy but i am sure i will get used to the iphone. Blackberry did blow it. The storm had potential but they forget about it and let it be. I didnt even download the latest upgrade.

glorman

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had a Storm 1 since launch day, and type pretty well on it. I have this nightmare of cracking my iPhone screen trying pressing it in to click.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had a Storm 1 since launch day, and type pretty well on it. I have this nightmare of cracking my iPhone screen trying pressing it in to click.

hahaha i know. i am so used to clicking. its going to be really weird and no more bbm :(

thats the only thing keeping people on there blackberrys is BBM

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am moving from the storm2 to iPhone...don't expect a difficult transition, I was using my iPod touch for my email for the two weeks that rim email and data was down in the west. Actually, I think it will be easier on my thumbs, perhaps I won't develop arthritis at a later age, lol!

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yea it went from tour to og droid to droid x i am so sick of android and bored of it.. only thing that will be missed is google maps :(

Completely agree, I did the same thing you did (Tour to Droid to X) Google Maps is absolutely amazing though and I will miss that, hope I can find a comparable app that isn't $30..

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the storm 1 and went to the OG Droid. I agree typing on the Storm was easier, but it was an easy transition to a screen with no movement. Don't worry.

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
In preparation of getting the iPhone 4 on VZW. I just literally sold my Blackberry Storm 2 on craigslist...not bad...I got $80 bucks for it. I had it since day 1 when it was released. So, I'm happy. Not happy with the garbage LG Envy 2 that I'm using for today and partly tomorrow until the iPhone arrives. I liked the typing on the BB S2 as well. Hope its as good or better on the iPhone. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen