I'm a day-one Blackberry Storm 9530 user and I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my 32GB iPhone 4 tomorrow. I still really like the S1 - never had any real issues with it, believe it or not - but I'm looking forward to having a much more fluid OS and web browser.

I'll miss the ability to customize my SMS tones however.
    02-06-2011 08:34 PM
    I bought my Storm 1 on launch day and replaced it only once.

I am going to miss SurePress with SureType enabled in portrait. I actually liked the SurePress screen and couple type reasonably fast on the Storm. My iPhone should be in tomorrow but I am a bit apprehensive about typing on it.
    02-06-2011 11:15 PM
    I bought my Storm 1 on launch day and replaced it only once.

I am going to miss SurePress with SureType enabled in portrait. I actually liked the SurePress screen and couple type reasonably fast on the Storm. My iPhone should be in tomorrow but I am a bit apprehensive about typing on it.
    in the same boat as you but i have storm 2. i am so fast and love it. but i am concerned that i am so used to the storm 2 that i wont like typing on the iphone... but my phone has been annoying me the last 2-3 days. takes 15 seconds for BBM to open. its been laggy when i type. getting sick of it..
    02-06-2011 11:27 PM
    I've actually been practicing on my iPod to get use to it since its the same as the iPhone4.. so I'm ready for it to get here tomorrow
    02-06-2011 11:32 PM
    I've actually been practicing on my iPod to get use to it since its the same as the iPhone4.. so I'm ready for it to get here tomorrow
    i have used my ipod as practice ( once in a while), but never a huge fan. But i know it takes time to catch on. My ipod is also from aug 08 ( so whatever generation that was) and i am sure its smoother and a little different on the iphone?
    02-06-2011 11:34 PM
    I already own an iPad and I jailbreak everyone's iPhones and iPod Touches in my school, I've handled at least 250 and have had to add sources etc. every time. It's not really that hard to get used to. If you can already type on a virtual keyboard then you're pretty much a natural.
    02-07-2011 04:07 AM
    I've had my storm 1 for a couple years and type very quickly on it. I use ping on my touch and type even faster on it and it's much easier on my thumbs than the storm. It doesnt take too long to get used to the difference. Just expect some multiple repeat letters at first because you didn't hear the click.
    02-07-2011 06:50 AM
    it is easy. I also have a storm2 but I also have a first generation ipod touch. Typing on an iphone/ipod touch is much easier than on a storm. The hepatic typing is good in theory, but the execution was poor.
    02-07-2011 07:44 AM
    Its fairly seamless as long as you dont hold onto the whole "click screen" crap. The iPhone actually knows where your fingers are trying to touch very well. Whenever I would pull my iPod touch out of my pocket after using my Storm2 for a while, I could sometimes actually type better on the iPod touch. Should be fine.
    02-07-2011 08:19 AM
    Yeah. I think i am used to the "click" but i am sure i will be alright. I was messing with my ipod and i wasnt doing too bad. i think i just want to be as fast as i am on my storm!!
    02-07-2011 10:13 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD