So with just about everyone's verizon iPhone coming monday sometime. Who are the lucky ones that are going to have to call verizon CS and switch that iphone to there phone number and not the phone number they ordered the phone?
    02-06-2011 12:03 PM
    I will have to call for one of the iphones we ordered. My sister used my brothers upgrade, so it will be interesting to see how hard it is to swap it.
    02-06-2011 12:08 PM
    I called CS atleast 4 different times to talk to a few different CS people to see what there thoughts are on how simple is was to get it switched once the phone came in and from what i understood it shouldnt be much of a problem at all. More then likly just a 5 minute process. I have to also take the data package of the line i ordered it on so im sure they are gunna charge me for 1 month of data service on that line.
    02-06-2011 12:11 PM
    I asked this question while at the Verizon wireless store and he said there is a number to call to activate the phone. When it ask you if you want' to activate it on the line it was ordered for press 1 if not press 2 and then it will ask you what line. It is suppose to be all automated.

I was a little confused about what iTunes is for and he said that is basically to unlock the phone for use, not to actually activate it...

I don't know him from Adam so he could be full of juju, but he seemed very confident with what he was saying.
    02-06-2011 12:15 PM
    I called CS atleast 4 different times to talk to a few different CS people to see what there thoughts are on how simple is was to get it switched once the phone came in and from what i understood it shouldnt be much of a problem at all. More then likly just a 5 minute process. I have to also take the data package of the line i ordered it on so im sure they are gunna charge me for 1 month of data service on that line.
    I believe they actually pro-rate your bill for that. Shouldn't be a problem.

I ordered the phone on my dads account but i plan on giving him my blackberry bold and activating the iphone on my line. Hope it is as easy as people have been saying..
    02-06-2011 12:23 PM
    To any who ordered on a different line. You must activate it on the line you ordered it on first then turn off the phone for the number you really want it on and activate it on your line. If you fail to do this you will default on your contract and be charged full retail for the phone. Happened to me when I upgraded to the Droid X on another of my lines and they tried to charge me. Needless to say I got it taken off after multiple calls to CS...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    02-06-2011 12:31 PM
    Its not that hard I have switched phones many times over. I ordered three iPhones two of which need to be switched to different numbers. First activate the phones on the lines you upgraded. Then all you got to do is switch the iPhones to the line you want them to be on. When they are shipped the esn's are locked to one phone number in case of theft or lose. After the initial activation its really easy to switch the phones to whatever line you want. I always call CS to do it tho. It is faster and you can make sure everything is set the way you want before you hang up.
    02-06-2011 01:06 PM
    I guess I'm lucky, the line we ordered it on already has a data plan, I just hope we dont lose the old $5.99 insurance plan while activating the iphone on the line before we switch it.

Its not that hard I have switched phones many times over. I ordered three iPhones two of which need to be switched to different numbers. First activate the phones on the lines you upgraded. Then all you got to do is switch the iPhones to the line you want them to be on. When they are shipped the esn's are locked to one phone number in case of theft or lose. After the initial activation its really easy to switch the phones to whatever line you want. I always call CS to do it tho. It is faster and you can make sure everything is set the way you want before you hang up.
    Yeah thats what I hope happens, since thats how I've done it before. I've just been a little uneasy from all these rumors, but we'll find out for sure tomorrow.
    02-06-2011 01:16 PM
    Im in the same boat..i dont want my dad to have a brand new iPhone 32gb, its mine! ha.
    02-06-2011 01:20 PM
    What a helpful thread! I was hoping that someone else out there was going to be switching numbers like me. When you call CS, is there a particular number to press to get where you want easily?
    02-06-2011 01:42 PM
    So from what I have gathered, you need to activate the iPhone you ordered on the different line on the line you made the upgrade on, and then activate the old phone on the upgrade line. That means the iPhone is now unlocked and ready to be activated on any line. Right? Sorry for the run-on sentences. I think i am going to just call CS and have then walk me through it. I will need to remove the data plan on the upgraded line.
    02-06-2011 02:55 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Ordered the iPhone with my husband's upgrade - on family plan. Will activate on his line and then switch over to mine via CS just to get everything right.
    02-06-2011 04:44 PM
    for everyone who is calling CS dial the number once you hear a voice press zero theyll ask for the account pass word type it in and youll go right to a "real" person not a computer bs stuff.
    02-06-2011 05:53 PM
    I will have iTunes and veizonwireless.com up and running ready to activate wand switch
    02-06-2011 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD