Are the packages being held?

snakeye28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Packages shipped with special instructions (ex: Do Not Deliver before 2/10/2011) usually will be held. They can sort through all the orders and hold them in a load that doesn't actually leave the facilities. I've seen it done when I worked @ a UPS. But with a phone thats already been available for months, I doubt they will put a hold. Besides it seems most of us who received our tracking number, our phones are either @ our local sort facility or pretty close!

Night Hawk

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Holding Shipments?

I don't want to appear negative, since I'm really happy to be getting my Verizon iPhone on Monday.
However, as I noted in an earlier post my iPhone shipment was in West Chester, PA UPS on Thursday night. I just got an update from UPS saying the shipment left Philadelphia at 2:15 PM (2-6-11).
So, do the math, and you come up with a Next Day Air service shipment sitting around Philly for 3 days.:eek:
Here's hoping everything works out for us anxious Verizon customers.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok...I get it now. Definitely no need for another post regarding holding shipments when there is clearly a thread still on the 1st page about this. Newbies.....

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to appear negative, since I'm really happy to be getting my Verizon iPhone on Monday.
However, as I noted in an earlier post my iPhone shipment was in West Chester, PA UPS on Thursday night. I just got an update from UPS saying the shipment left Philadelphia at 2:15 PM (2-6-11).
So, do the math, and you come up with a Next Day Air service shipment sitting around Philly for 3 days.:eek:
Here's hoping everything works out for us anxious Verizon customers.

Next Day air shipments can sit around a long as they want. As long as they are there the next business day. It could ship after Friday and do nothing until Sunday as long as it will be delivered on Monday.

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Packages shipped with special instructions (ex: Do Not Deliver before 2/10/2011) usually will be held. They can sort through all the orders and hold them in a load that doesn't actually leave the facilities. I've seen it done when I worked @ a UPS. But with a phone thats already been available for months, I doubt they will put a hold. Besides it seems most of us who received our tracking number, our phones are either @ our local sort facility or pretty close!

It would be noted in the system if there was a hold when you inquire in the tracking # correct?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
LOL! Maybe the gods are punishing me for clearing my schedule tomorrow. Oh well...I can live vicariously through all of you that are getting your phones tomorrow.

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just called ups to inquire about the updated delivery date and she said that a revision request was made by the shipper to change the date. She also said that they were told not to allow a pickup.

That sucks because I rescheduled all of my Monday appointments for Tuesday since I have to physically sign for the package.

That's weird - I called Verizon to ask if I could pick up my phone and they said "sure! we have no holds on shipments" - but when I called UPS, they said it's UPS policy to attempt one delivery before allowing packages to be picked up. I think UPS told you a story about them changing the date... JMO

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
That's weird - I called Verizon to ask if I could pick up my phone and they said "sure! we have no holds on shipments" - but when I called UPS, they said it's UPS policy to attempt one delivery before allowing packages to be picked up. I think UPS told you a story about them changing the date... JMO

UPS will not change anything until after 1 delivery attempt.

However, they will attempt tomorrow, if you're not home, it'll go to the local UPS center. Just go there tomorrow evening.

jamesandyori

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

My wife and I both have iphones coming. Ours are being delivered via FedEx. They shipped Friday via "overnight" standard delivery", which means nothing moves Sat or Sun. I checked the tracking and it states before 3 pm today.

James

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods