Verizon say they will come but cant activate into the 10th,
    do you believe?
    02-05-2011 03:44 PM
    A rumor that has been going on for a while. Now, honestly, can you see thousands of people getting their brand new phone, opening it up and not being able to use it for days? Can you say PR NIGHTMARE?
    02-05-2011 03:45 PM
    Darth gamer i feel like i know you personal and you will want to blow up verizon.
    But that seem something they will do
    02-05-2011 03:48 PM
    especially when things seem too good to be true
    02-05-2011 03:49 PM
    If people are able to use test models to do reviews then why couldn't we activate...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    02-05-2011 03:50 PM
    Naaaa... don't beleive it. But if that is the case, then they are fulfilling their promise of the 10th. At least I don't have to wait in line at the V store come the 10th.
    02-05-2011 03:54 PM
    yeah because verizon wouldnt have shipped them if they didnt want us to have dem
    02-05-2011 03:55 PM
    Verizon say they will come but cant activate into the 10th,
    do you believe?
    No, I don't believe because it's bovine squeeze.

Probably a rumor started by an fanboi of AT&T or Droids just to get people worked up over nothing.

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones
    02-05-2011 03:57 PM
    [QUOTE=kch50428;1666822]No, I don't believe because it's bovine squeeze.

Probably a rumor started by an fanboi of AT&T or Droids just to get people worked up over nothing.

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones [/QUOT]

but think about this. your iphone come on monday, you have a problem with it such as getting you contacts (anything) if you call verizon they might be like sorry we are no able to help you
    02-05-2011 03:59 PM
    [QUOTE=Devinfowlkes15;1666825]

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones [/QUOT]

but think about this. your iphone come on monday, you have a problem with it such as getting you contacts (anything) if you call verizon they might be like sorry we are no able to help you
    I'd have no doubt that you could call VZW on the 15th and you'd get a rep that would say "I'm sorry sir, the iPhone is only on AT&T, but would you like to buy a Droid X?" Yeah, that's how bad they've been.
    02-05-2011 04:04 PM
    But an iPhone won't have problems But all Verizon employees should have had the iPhone training... even if it's not release day, they should know that stuff.
    02-05-2011 04:05 PM
    I said anything could happen sir but that's just my belief. We will soon find out
    02-05-2011 04:07 PM
    [QUOTE=Darth-gamer;1666826]

I'd have no doubt that you could call VZW on the 15th and you'd get a rep that would say "I'm sorry sir, the iPhone is only on AT&T, but would you like to buy a Droid X?" Yeah, that's how bad they've been.
    haha.. Found this very humorous...

Back to the OP.. If you have your iPhone in your hands, you can activate it.
    02-05-2011 04:10 PM
    [QUOTE=highlife9333;1666832]

agreed, besides do they really wanna risk alienating their "loyal customers" buy pulling this, for some that may be the last straw for them to say f-it and cancel service.
    02-05-2011 04:18 PM
    [QUOTE=buckeyegoose;1666841]

agreed, besides do they really wanna risk alienating their "loyal customers" buy pulling this, for some that may be the last straw for them to say f-it and cancel service.
    lol good point.
    02-05-2011 04:22 PM
    My friend at the vzw store said they can be activated as soon as you get them. And the Apple store I just left said the same thing. We are good to go!
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-05-2011 04:31 PM
    Plus, since I bet half of these first iPhones are from a feature phone, earlier access to higher fees!
    02-05-2011 04:31 PM
    [QUOTE=highlife9333;1666832]

Everyone is getting their Quote tags wrong. I posted that. :'(
    02-05-2011 04:35 PM
    [QUOTE=Devinfowlkes15;1666825]

If it's already activated then the person should go to apple for any issues. I would advise anyone who is having issues go to Apple for anything besides insurance related issues. But for technical or troubleshooting, go to apple.
    02-05-2011 06:13 PM
    I for one would believe this IF iTunes had not already been updated to support the CDMA iPhone. Since it has? I think we get it, we can activate it.

And I would also go right to Apple for any support issues. You can even call them in your first 90 days (or 2 years if you buy Apple Care). They don't care where you bought it, heck, they don't even care IF you bought it or got it as a door prize, they will help you. It is one of their products. You can make an appointment for the Genius Bar prior to going in to a store, which I HIGHLY recommend. There will be lines and wait, especially during peak times.

Easiest way to make an appointment is to visit:

Apple Retail Store

Find your store, select it, then on the store's page, click "Make a reservation"

This can also be done from your iPhone. Yes, there's an app for that.

Apple Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    02-05-2011 06:37 PM
    I for one would believe this IF iTunes had not already been updated to support the CDMA iPhone. Since it has? I think we get it, we can activate it.

And I would also go right to Apple for any support issues. You can even call them in your first 90 days (or 2 years if you buy Apple Care). They don't care where you bought it, heck, they don't even care IF you bought it or got it as a door prize, they will help you. It is one of their products. You can make an appointment for the Genius Bar prior to going in to a store, which I HIGHLY recommend. There will be lines and wait, especially during peak times.

Closest Apple store for me is a 2 hour drive North or South.... if I have a defective device issue I can get assistance at any 1 of 3 corporate Verizon stores nearby.
    02-05-2011 06:42 PM
    Closest Apple store for me is a 2 hour drive North or South.... if I have a defective device issue I can get assistance at any 1 of 3 corporate Verizon stores nearby.
    I am currently with Sprint but not for much longer. With Sprint if you order online you have to return the phone that way if it is defective rather than go to a store as I understand it. I never had a prob.

With Verizon can you buy online and go to a store to get a new one if there is a warranty issue? (That is even assuming they have them in stock, and are not sold out.)
    02-05-2011 06:48 PM
    With Verizon can you buy online and go to a store to get a new one if there is a warranty issue? (That is even assuming they have them in stock, and are not sold out.)
    Yes, corporate stores will handle warranty replacement issues - if they don't have any on-hand, they can arrange overnight replacement.

I'm not expecting any issues - my other Apple devices have been very reliable
    RC28 likes this.
    02-05-2011 06:51 PM
    Let's see what happens Monday for Verizon pr sake we should be able to activate

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    02-05-2011 07:23 PM
    We'll be able to activate them. No question.
    02-05-2011 08:56 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD