Take a Picture of yourself with your new iphone

S.meezy#CB

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Snapshot_20110208_4.jpg

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So tell me, what is the quickest and easiest was for me to take my pic and post in a message here? Can I do it all on my iphone?

take a pic, upload to photobucket. you can do it from your phone. there is a photobucket app. then copy the image url, and paste it here where you insert the image.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a photobucket account. So related/unrelated question, is this what people store their photos on generally from their iphone and does Photobucket compress the image you upload and do most people download the photo to their computer as well as a safeguard? I guess this is a good way to store photos for easy access w/o using your iphone memory, but I figure you also download the photos at home to ensure safelty and an uncomressed version.

Lastly, when I sync on itunes, hopw do I get the photos in a folder on my hard drive that I would rather have them on or does itunes let you select a folder to sync to? Haven't done it yet so trying to cover all of the bases.

And this whole geotagging thing, is that unsafe? I just noticed a pic I took gives location where it was sent. Should I turn off geotagging on Photobucket so people can't see that? Seems unsafe to me.

Last edited:

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a photobucket account. So related/unrelated question, is this what people store their photos on generally from their iphone and does Photobucket compress the image you upload and do most people download the photo to their computer as well as a safeguard? I guess this is a good way to store photos for easy access w/o using your iphone memory, but I figure you also download the photos at home to ensure safelty and an uncomressed version.

Lastly, when I sync on itunes, hopw do I get the photos in a folder on my hard drive that I would rather have them on or does itunes let you select a folder to sync to? Haven't done it yet so trying to cover all of the bases.

And this whole geotagging thing, is that unsafe? I just noticed a pic I took gives location where it was sent. Should I turn off geotagging on Photobucket so people can't see that? Seems unsafe to me.

I don't use photobucket to store my photos so I can't help you there. But to sync your photos in iTunes, it will let you select the folder you want when you click the checkbox next to sync photos.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that did not work. When I checked sync photos, it will pull from my pc to my phone. I want to pull from my phone to my pc, how do I do that?

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that did not work. When I checked sync photos, it will pull from my pc to my phone. I want to pull from my phone to my pc, how do I do that?

When you plug it into your computer there should be another folder that opens with all your pictures from the phone. Use that and move them to your PC. Simple as that. There may be other ways of doing it.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Seems I can double click on my computer>then choose my i-phone as a camera and then open the pics copy and move. Anyone else?

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When I open "My Computer" my iPhone shows up as a camera. I can simply drag and drop the photos onto my desktop. Or to a folder or whatever. That's on a PC running Win XP. If that doesn't work, you could email them to yourself. Or use dropbox.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed a pic I took gives location where it was sent. Should I turn off geotagging on Photobucket so people can't see that? Seems unsafe to me.

Yes and no. Really depends on how well you want privacy. I mean if you upload photos to a private account where only you, close friends and family view the photos, I could see having it on, but if your account is exposed to the whole world its really up to your descresion. If you take photos at home then yeah I'd turn it off (as it can be tracked to your address) but if its around town then what ever. Have it on or off.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no. Really depends on how well you want privacy. I mean if you upload photos to a private account where only you, close friends and family view the photos, I could see having it on, but if your account is exposed to the whole world its really up to your descresion. If you take photos at home then yeah I'd turn it off (as it can be tracked to your address) but if its around town then what ever. Have it on or off.

I do know that FB automatically disables geotagging once you upload. What I don't understand is when people CHECK IN at Home and you can just click it and find out where they live.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
When I open "My Computer" my iPhone shows up as a camera. I can simply drag and drop the photos onto my desktop. Or to a folder or whatever. That's on a PC running Win XP. If that doesn't work, you could email them to yourself. Or use dropbox.

That's exactly what happens with me. It works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73