How Many iPhones Were Sold?

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I need something to take my mind off the fact I haven't received my tracking info. :mad:

So, how many iPhones do you think Verizon sold in the pre-order process? 100,000?, 1,000,000?

BigMastadon

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the number that is being thrown around is in the 100,000-200,000 range... doesn't seem like much but it was only a pre-order situation. Be interesting to see how many get sold on the 10th.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the number that is being thrown around is in the 100,000-200,000 range... doesn't seem like much but it was only a pre-order situation. Be interesting to see how many get sold on the 10th.

I think it is more than that if you look around they are saying about how it was the largest sale ever for verizon and if it was only 100,000 some of the droids sold more than that right away

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone really has any idea, except high people at Verizon, or people monitoring orders.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Its been widely reported that in the first two hours (3:00-5:00am EST), more phones were sold than in any other entire day retail location & phone/internet launch. More than the Blackberry storm, Moto Droid, Samsung Fascinate, etc...

I kinda remember the numbers for the original Droid to be in the 200-250K range so I'm guessing around 500,000. Either way I'm betting we'll know really soon if AT&T was to blame for their network crashing on if it was the iPhone.

P.S. Glad I'd choose to get in on the pre-order and not wait. I'll receive my wife's phone soon and looking forward to using Facetime with each other while I'm on the road (if you get my drift :) )

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Glad I'd choose to get in on the pre-order and not wait. I'll receive my wife's phone soon and looking forward to using Facetime with each other while I'm on the road (if you get my drift :) )

haha. Probably what Steve Jobs had in mind when making the facetime feature.

gammaray1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Its been widely reported that in the first two hours (3:00-5:00am EST), more phones were sold than in any other entire day retail location & phone/internet launch. More than the Blackberry storm, Moto Droid, Samsung Fascinate, etc...

I kinda remember the numbers for the original Droid to be in the 200-250K range so I'm guessing around 500,000. Either way I'm betting we'll know really soon if AT&T was to blame for their network crashing on if it was the iPhone.

Yep, History made. Not only the quantity sold...but iphone on VZW.

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure it was well over a million. The droid x sold over a million in a single day last year when released on Verizon and they are claiming this was higher.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Might explain why they started pushing the phones out this early. Sell that many phones and try to ship them all the same day and releas it in stores to everyone else = Chaos.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

gammaray1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Might explain why they started pushing the phones out this early. Sell that many phones and try to ship them all the same day and releas it in stores to everyone else = Chaos.

Yeah. A lot of factors involved. My shipment coming UPS, and FedEx is exclusive courier with Verizon, so they had to utilize more resources. And by delivering and selling in stages, they wont overload the couriers and the network quite as bad. Also, Apple and Verizon had there head straight by releasing at this time, due to tax returns.

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Based on order numbers around the web and when they were ordered, I had a feeling it was way higher - like 2 million. I then heard from someone I know at VZW and this person said the rumor had been 1M were ordered for pre-order, but this person had just been told it was 2M. Then an hour later, this was posted.....
AppleInsider | Apple prepared 2 million Verizon iPhone 4 for preorders, retail
I do agree this seems highly unlikely though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice