We're all sitting here worried now about shipping and all and I forgot all about jailbreaking it, again smh. I wonder if the new Greepois0n will support the VZW iPhone already or might take another 1-2 days to change the code and make it work?
    02-04-2011 08:32 PM
    If its the same OS (4.2.1) then technically the jailbreak should work just fine. Its unlocking it to work on another carrier that is going to be the big problem. However, the jailbreak works according to software version. If the ViP ships with 4.2.1 then it should work fine. No pirating, now.
    02-04-2011 08:45 PM
    I really dont think imma jailbreak mines, but we'll see.
    02-04-2011 08:48 PM
    Jailbreak is a must man! ...ok maybe not a MUST but it opens the iDevice up to so much more. New apps, unique abilities and control. It really is a whole new world after you jailbreak. Of course, it's not everyone but once you try it you will probably never go back.
    02-04-2011 09:00 PM
    Jailbreak is a must man! ...ok maybe not a MUST but it opens the iDevice up to so much more. New apps, unique abilities and control. It really is a whole new world after you jailbreak. Of course, it's not everyone but once you try it you will probably never go back.
    Like what apps and abilities? What does iphone not do that it will once jailbroken? Im coming from a Droid1, I rooted then went back to stock.
    02-04-2011 09:13 PM
    Oh yea, so now I'm thinking theyre going to change Greenpois0n around a bit. Or, they might have to find a whole new thing for it since its Verizon and things couldve shifted around.
    02-04-2011 09:45 PM
    BGR is reporting that 4.3 will be released on 2/14. Think I'll pass the 4.2.1 JB and wait for the 4.3 JB.
    Last edited by kilofox; 02-05-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-04-2011 09:52 PM
    Like what apps and abilities? What does iphone not do that it will once jailbroken? Im coming from a Droid1, I rooted then went back to stock.
    For instance you can make your iphone a wireless hotspot for free with jailbreaking. Apps that do things that Apple rejected from the app store or wasn't available for the iphone. Example: when video recording wasn't available on the iPhone you could jailbreak it and do so same with MMS. And when they rejected google voice there was an app in Cydia for it. Customization and themes. You can tweak system settings. Stuff like that. Gives you total control. And it's easily reversible. Do a google search for "why jailbreak iphone" for more reasons.
    02-04-2011 09:54 PM
    I will jailbreak mine [if its possible] as soon as I open the box
    02-04-2011 10:16 PM
    how easy is it to jailbreak? This is my first time with an iphone I rooted the android phones I had and was just wondering if it is relatively easy and safe to jailbreak?
    02-04-2011 11:26 PM
    how easy is it to jailbreak? This is my first time with an iphone I rooted the android phones I had and was just wondering if it is relatively easy and safe to jailbreak?
    Go to iclarified.com for tutorials and they always post on this site on the main page when a new jailbreak is released with the link to the downloads and instructions. The easiest one I've used is the one's that GeoHot creates. They usually end with ra1n in the name like blackra1n, limera1n and so on. His usually is just plug in and push a button. The other methods are more detailed with downloading files, and creating a backup ISP file. It's not difficult but very detailed with other methods.

Browse the jailbreak forum for more info

http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-05-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    02-05-2011 12:41 AM
    Two main ones:

1- free hotspot
    2- being able to use FaceTime with 3G not just wifi
    02-05-2011 01:20 AM
    Two main ones:

1- free hotspot
    2- being able to use FaceTime with 3G not just wifi
    That along may really make me consider it!!!
    02-05-2011 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD