VZW Bloatware

KY_Tom

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the list, got a tracking number & am waiting to play. After having been with VZW since they started & having a variety of phones, I have come to expect that VZW will load our new phones up with various pay-for-use bloatware - or worse, disable certain hardware features.

Does anyone have any insight into this? On the iPhone, can your remove unwanted/unused vendor supplied apps without being jailbroke? If you do remove unused apps, does this 'break' OTA upgrades?

TIA - Tom

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any insight into this? On the iPhone, can your remove unwanted/unused vendor supplied apps without being jailbroke? If you do remove unused apps, does this 'break' OTA upgrades?

TIA - Tom
The only software that comes on an iPhone is from Apple. There is no Verizon pre-installed software of any kind.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
But don't feel left out! You'll be able to get their media app and vz navigator in the app store!!!!

Yippee!!!!

</sarcasm>

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the biggest reasons why i chose this phone over any android phone. No VZW bloatware at all on the phone. If you like certain apps from verizon you can download them from itunes

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can download verizon apps like VZNav, myverizon and vcast but these things will not be placed on the phone where you can't remove them. This is Apple here.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Jobs will go all mental if he found out his precous iPhone had Vcast installed

though he goes mental when the kids at Gizmodo steal his prototypes and when people jailbreak. Hell, we caused his heath problems

though there are apps on the iPhone (mail, stocks, weather etc) that are there if you like them or not. No way to remove them

S.meezy#CB

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Totally. Why do companies INSIST on putting crap on their products that no one likes simply to say that you did it?

When I buy Hard Drives (external) I format them right off the bat because usually them have some sort of "SmartWare" junk on there. Nobody wants that and Apple understands that.

stocks :-\

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the list, got a tracking number & am waiting to play. After having been with VZW since they started & having a variety of phones, I have come to expect that VZW will load our new phones up with various pay-for-use bloatware - or worse, disable certain hardware features.

TIA - Tom

Asked and answered ad nauseum... Apple doesn't allow it... AT&T iPhones are clear of all bloatware, VZW will be, too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner