Square Trade Coupon Code FF30

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SquareTrade's insurance is already marked down from $123.75 to $99.00

Use coupon code FF30 and save $30 instead of $24.75 and buy yourself a beer!!!

My final price was $93.75

If you buy a referal would be nice. :D

k i l o f o x (at) g m a i l (dot) c o m

Last edited:

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i'm starting to believe that squaretrade makes alot more sense than vzw insurance. can anyone tell me how their customer service is? say i drop my phone and the screen shatters, tell me about time frames, cost, etc...

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i'm starting to believe that squaretrade makes alot more sense than vzw insurance. can anyone tell me how their customer service is? say i drop my phone and the screen shatters, tell me about time frames, cost, etc...
1)MacRumor members swear by Squaretrade with good CS

2)Heard it pretty quick 3-5 day turnaround

3)$99 2year contract, $50 deductible each claim.

Previous explanation in another post:
From what I understand its well worth it. $99 one time fee for 2yrs and $50 deductible. I heard they will go out their way to repair any damage instead of replacing extreme damage and if they do have to replace it your contract is cut and you have to pay $99 again for a new contract. Thats the only part I didnt like. I heard the repair process is a pretty quick turnaround tho.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I considered that.... but decided to take my chances otherwise.

1) its expensive

2) way high deductibles

I use asurion on my Att iPhone. Its easier to come up with $200 if I lose it than $699 + tax. I lost mine at the movies 2 weeks after I bought it. Luckily somebody turned it in. Thats not normal. I was thinking I was so glad I had asurion but I never needed to pay the $200 since I had a honest person

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In my 30+ years of cell phonedom... I have never lost or had a phone stolen. I have had a ton of phones, including the 3G & 3GS.

$10 a month, plus a $200 deductible is way too much for a problem I have never had. I realize there is always a first time, but I am willing to take my chances on loss or theft.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In my 30+ years of cell phonedom... I have never lost or had a phone stolen. I have had a ton of phones, including the 3G & 3GS.

$10 a month, plus a $200 deductible is way too much for a problem I have never had. I realize there is always a first time, but I am willing to take my chances on loss or theft.

You're one of those people who will say "it never happens to me" until it does, and then proceed to kvetch about not having a means to replace that lost/stolen device other than full retail price... different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Garz

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Worth Ave Group looks good....my only concern is they don't cover loss (theft, yes). I've never lost a phone but you Never Say Never....

If you lose it just say it was stolen.....that simple. If you lose it maybe someone else will find it and then its stolen so your not lying.:D

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ran across this site for iPhone insurance.....seems promising. https://www.insureappleiphone.com/index.html

• $5.99/mth or $69.99/yr
  • $50 deductible
  • Covers the usual including lost

Although there is a section that states the deductible is higher for lost/stolen and they don't give an amount (depends on your model). Going to email them to see if they'll give me ##s.....

Last edited:

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the $50 deductible for a SquareTrade warranty applies only to accidental damage i.e., dropped, wet, etc. Any other loss is covered in full.

ShowStopper13

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You're one of those people who will say "it never happens to me" until it does, and then proceed to kvetch about not having a means to replace that lost/stolen device other than full retail price... different strokes for different folks.

how is that party i said you would be a great time at?? just got home from a good time and here is donnie downer again...

i have never used ins for 10 years.... so i got home owners to cover it now..

lighten up brah....

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
When my Storm was new, I had a background picture with writing that said, "REWARD for phone ...even if you stole it! I will be greatly thankful. Call XXXXXXXXX" (no it wasn't my cell number).

I never lost it, but I was hedging my fate.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
how is that party i said you would be a great time at?? just got home from a good time and here is donnie downer again...

lighten up brah....

Home Owners wont cover the most likely senarios that would happen to your iPhone, unless you are prepared to lie your a-- off and be able to prove it. Additionally, its best to keep your Home Owner claims down to a minimum to keep your rates down long term.

In my case, StateFarm even dropped the Personal Items Policy for the iPhone and iPad. They will cover my $2000 dollar Nikon DLSR, but wont touch anything that starts with a lower case "i".

Just sayin... your policy may be different.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

lighten up brah....

It's called being a realist. And witnessing, or having things happen in life... just because you haven't had things happen does not mean they can't.

Speaking of lighten up... physician, heal thyself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73