I'm in Florida. My phone was in Memphis this morning... and now it's in Louisville, Kentucky. What the heck? Why would it go further away?! At least the delivery is still set for Monday by noon. But sheesh!
    02-04-2011 02:51 PM
    The hub, or one of the hubs between your zipcode & the main hub is apparently in Kentucky.

Chill.

You have a tracking number, and delivery estimation.... do we really need a thread from everyone every time their tracking situation changes??

02-04-2011 02:55 PM
    The hub, or one of the hubs between your zipcode & the main hub is apparently in Kentucky.

Chill.

You have a tracking number, and delivery estimation.... do we really need a thread from everyone every time their tracking situation changes??

agreed with you. Tired of seeing a new thread everytime somebody has a shipping update. Many Vzn users are ruining this forum that I have been part of for 2 years
    02-04-2011 02:57 PM
    Holy cow, who pissed in y'alls wheaties today? Verizon users are ruining the forum? This is the VERIZON section of the forum... duh. We have a right to be excited - you have a right to ignore our posts

As Bon Qui Qui would say: Rude!
    02-04-2011 03:01 PM
    Unfortunately until the phones arrive, this is the preorder fun to expect, it will all be over soon, don't let it leave too sour a taste in your mouth. I'm looking forward to 2 things in the meantime.....the first user to post they got theirs, and me to post my I got mine
    02-04-2011 03:02 PM
    Holy cow, who pissed in y'alls wheaties today? Verizon users are ruining the forum? This is the VERIZON section of the forum... duh. We have a right to be excited - you have a right to ignore our posts

As Bon Qui Qui would say: Rude!
    i agree with this
    gatorfan79 likes this.
    02-04-2011 03:04 PM
    Just wait until they start delivering them, everyone that gets one will make their own thread saying "I just got mine!". What was a useful forum is turning out to be a bunch of kids crying about why/where is my iphone.
    02-04-2011 03:13 PM
    Just wait until they start delivering them, everyone that gets one will make their own thread saying "I just got mine!". What was a useful forum is turning out to be a bunch of kids crying about why/where is my iphone.
    And, other kids crying about kids crying..

It's a vicious cycle.
    DougFNJ likes this.
    02-04-2011 03:22 PM
    I can see the point. Imagine if everyone on these forums posts a new thread just updating whats going on with their order. no one cares. I care about my order and excited to see it has shipped, but why would anyone else be excited about my order? Imagine how many pages of posts that would take up
    02-04-2011 03:45 PM
    I can see the point. Imagine if everyone on these forums posts a new thread just updating whats going on with their order. no one cares. I care about my order and excited to see it has shipped, but why would anyone else be excited about my order? Imagine how many pages of posts that would take up
    I can see your point too, everything except the not caring about everyone else's iphone. I do care about everyone else's orders, that is why this forum is here in the first place. It's here to help, discuss, and share. I do hope you get yours soon, and have no problems, as i do for everyone else. Just don't read what you are not interested in and everything will be fine.
    02-04-2011 03:56 PM
    My has this section gotten crowded with post since pre-order!
    02-04-2011 04:00 PM
    I can see your point too, everything except the not caring about everyone else's iphone. I do care about everyone else's orders, that is why this forum is here in the first place. It's here to help, discuss, and share. I do hope you get yours soon, and have no problems, as i do for everyone else. Just don't read what you are not interested in and everything will be fine.
    Haha, I am excited for others, just when they are not gloating about how theirs is on it's way so much. I hope everyone has not problems either. But everyone's is coming Monday. No matter what shipping statuses say, UPS and Fedex always have a way of getting it there the day it's supposed to I don't mind a thread of people saying where theirs is and stuff. thats fine by me lol, just not individual threads for each person. There gets a point when the good stuff gets annoying.
    02-04-2011 04:03 PM
    my point was... Florida is south of Memphis, Tennessee. My phone went north to Louisville, Kentucky. Seemed sorta counterproductive and funny at the same time. Oh well.
    02-04-2011 04:07 PM
    Haha, I am excited for others, just when they are not gloating about how theirs is on it's way so much. I hope everyone has not problems either. But everyone's is coming Monday. No matter what shipping statuses say, UPS and Fedex always have a way of getting it there the day it's supposed to I don't mind a thread of people saying where theirs is and stuff. thats fine by me lol, just not individual threads for each person. There gets a point when the good stuff gets annoying.
    Yes, that is true. Hope I didnt come across as a jerk. I just know we r all ready to get them, and when we do, everything will be right with the world lol.
    02-04-2011 04:11 PM
    my point was... Florida is south of Memphis, Tennessee. My phone went north to Louisville, Kentucky. Seemed sorta counterproductive and funny at the same time. Oh well.
    lol Well I am sure they know what they are doing

It may not make sense to you, but what if with the weather, the only flight they could get it on early was to Kentucky, then take a flight from there to florida? There are so many reasons that you don't know that could have caused it. But you will get it. don't worry
    02-04-2011 04:12 PM
    agreed with you. Tired of seeing a new thread everytime somebody has a shipping update. Many Vzn users are ruining this forum that I have been part of for 2 years
    Then why are you reading the Verizon iPhone forum?

I think it's exciting to see where our new toys are while they're in transit!!
    02-04-2011 04:37 PM
    Then why are you reading the Verizon iPhone forum?

I think it's exciting to see where our new toys are while they're in transit!!
    I read every forum. But really... does everybody need to create a shipping thread? How many are out there already? I understand the excitement of creating a shipping thread but 20 arent necessary
    02-04-2011 04:42 PM
    I'm as excited as everyone else and I've been posting on a number of threads, but I think that's the point. If we already have a thread about the pre-order process, everyone's order number, or who received their tracking number, then we should just add to that thread rather than starting a new one.

I participate in a lot of forums and that seems to be a major problem everywhere, especially with any big launch. Either people don't scan the page (or search) to see if a thread has already been started or they want their own thread---or they're so excited they can't help themselves ---but there's a lot of this going on all over. Sometimes the threads get merged by mods.

Anyway, if we can all take a breath and realize that (1) people are super-excited and are going to act differently than they will once things settle down, (2) complaining about it isn't going to help, it's only going to add to the angst, and (3) posters should try to add to current threads if their post is applicable and not be so quick to start a new thread, things will run much more smoothly. There really is a lot of good information here, but it's getting hard to find among all of the threads.

Just my opinion. I return you all to your regularly scheduled thread.
    02-04-2011 04:59 PM
    I'm in Florida. My phone was in Memphis this morning... and now it's in Louisville, Kentucky. What the heck? Why would it go further away?! At least the delivery is still set for Monday by noon. But sheesh!
    Memphis, TN might of been where the Distribution Center was for Verizon, and most of the time they get sent out FedEx since I assume they are in the same industrial park that is near the FedEx Memphis Hub, getting most packages into FedEx's system a lot faster than if they needed to Fly it into Memphis to then sort it to your local hub.

However, due to the shear volume of outbound items, some when't UPS, and for UPS their main hub is Louisville, KY thus what it appears to be heading north vs south. I can say with 95% certainly that after tonight it will be heading down to FL, arriving some time sat morning,where it will head to your local facility for delivery monday.
    02-04-2011 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD