If you can't be there to sign for it...?

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So from what I've read someone has to be there physically to sign for it. I know I won't be home to sign for it, and fedex website says that you can't request to have it held there. Anyone have any idea or experience as to how you get it, then?

Arg!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
FedEx will leave a tag with a time & place (their local depot address) where you could go & pick up... or, once one delivery attempt has been made, you can contact FedEx to redirect to where you can sign for it.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So from what I've read someone has to be there physically to sign for it. I know I won't be home to sign for it, and fedex website says that you can't request to have it held there. Anyone have any idea or experience as to how you get it, then?

Arg!

Yes it can be held at the Fed Ex location for pick up or you can leave a signed letter on your door letting the driver know you woudl like it left there but it must be signed. It is also left up to the driver if he leaves it there, If the driver feels it's not safe to leave the package they usally will not.

iSnoopy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, the driver leaves a notice on your door which says that a delivery was attempted, and that they will attempt to deliver again, or you can pick it up at the local FedEx facility in the evening. I think the hours for pick up will be on the notice. I'm in the same boat (If I ever get a shipping notice!).

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ive run into this problem in the past a lot. I always leave a note that says I authorize FedEx to leave package at front door with the tracking number and my name and signature and they have always just left it.

Worst case you down to your local FedEx location between 7P and 9P that night and pick it up.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ive run into this problem in the past a lot. I always leave a note that says I authorize FedEx to leave package at front door with the tracking number and my name and signature and they have always just left it.

Worst case you down to your local FedEx location between 7P and 9P that night and pick it up.

As I stated earlier, this may or may not be possible with the iPhone right now. Last year when it launch Fedex could not leave them there even with the release of liability form you can download on their site. This was Apple's doing because the prior year you could do that with the 3GS. So it's not a certainty that people will be able to do that and it also depends on the delivery person. Some of them don't care or don't know. It won't hurt to try but the person can always pick it up in the evening so I don't see what the big deal is.

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Leaving a note is certainly worth a shot, but if not I'm zipping home to get the notice to make it to the fedex location after work! :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Leaving a note is certainly worth a shot, but if not I'm zipping home to get the notice to make it to the fedex location after work! :)

Make sure you don't "zip" too early LOL. I don't know what time you get off work but I know the delivery trucks don't usually bring packages back til around 7PM in the evening. So if you get off at 5PM don't rush too much or you'll be waiting at Fedex for a while ;)

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Apple did allow this for the 3GS but not for the iPhone 4. Let's hope they have starting allowing this to take place again.

when i my att iphone 4 was delivered it was left at my door. and i left a note asking them to leave it at the door and signed the note

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
when i my att iphone 4 was delivered it was left at my door. and i left a note asking them to leave it at the door and signed the note

Yeah and my local fedex said they couldn't leave it and I left a note and they completely ignored it. I would venture to say that your fedex delivery person either was unaware of the proper delivery instructions or didn't care. But it was a whole big story about it last year with Apple supposedly stopping the couriers from leaving them due to theft.

ndcc1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
this is from the FedEx site

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

and i do realize the last part some people said that you cant do but there is some options for you...i might call my neighbor and ask if they will sign it for me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

and i do realize the last part some people said that you cant do but there is some options for you...i might call my neighbor and ask if they will sign it for me.

The question will be would this apply to these packages. There was supposed to be a provision for iPhones last year that didn't allow fedex to honor authorized releases. Though some did anyway, they weren't supposed to according to the news that was out around that time.

ndcc1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The question will be would this apply to these packages. There was supposed to be a provision for iPhones last year that didn't allow fedex to honor authorized releases. Though some did anyway, they weren't supposed to according to the news that was out around that time.

well, these are being sent directly from verizon and not apple...and that might have been direct signature..idk. im going to leave a fedex door tag authorizing release and if he wont except that i'll leave a note stating to go to my neighbor to sign it....though i still have to get a hold of them

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to get a fed ex door tag? (is that a stupid question?)

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

There is a difference between "Indirect Signature Required" and "Direct Signature Required."

"Indirect Signature" does allow you to leave a signed note for the delivery to be left where you indicate. However, "Direct Signature" is just what it says, an adult (over the age of 18-years-old) has to be there to physically sign for the package.

As far as I know, all of the iPhones are being sent requiring a "Direct Signature." That means that someone has to be there to sign for it. I know that there are always exceptions, especially if you know your delivery person, but technically someone will have to sign for the package or it won't be delivered.

P.S. I've tried and in my experience, I haven't been able to get any door tags.

ndcc1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a difference between "Indirect Signature Required" and "Direct Signature Required."

"Indirect Signature" does allow you to leave a signed note for the delivery to be left where you indicate. However, "Direct Signature" is just what it says, an adult (over the age of 18-years-old) has to be there to physically sign for the package.

As far as I know, all of the iPhones are being sent requiring a "Direct Signature." That means that someone has to be there to sign for it. I know that there are always exceptions, especially if you know your delivery person, but technically someone will have to sign for the package or it won't be delivered.

P.S. I've tried and in my experience, I haven't been able to get any door tags.

false...it is stating on my tracker that it requires a INDIRECT signature...thats why i posted the indirect info up

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal