Anyone in w/ Location code D771101 get tracking info?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It appears that orders are sorted by order number in each location code. Has anyone in the above location received tracking info? I order before 3:00am EST but I haven't received anything but I automated message says my order has shipped and so on. Just wondering if people with this location received anything besides order confirmation.

dootdootdoot

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya...

I have not, yet. I ordered at 3:02AM--two 16gb iPhones without accessories. Billing and confirmation happened yesterday and 611 said it was shipped but did not give a tracking number. The website also told me it had shipped before it stopped working. Customer service giving 3892038920 different answers, but I expected that.

Another friend of mine who ordered around the same time in the same location code got their confirmation late yesterday afternoon and it is being shipped by UPS. People who ordered well after in this same number have gotten theirs. Others have not. It's random as heck. :confused:

I am trying to patient here, but I have been stuck with a Samsung Glyde for two years.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing here. There is also a thread on the VZW forums about this location code. It seems many people with this location do not have tracking numbers. And the ones that do have UPS. Just from what I read. Not sure how accurate it is entirely.

BellaBerry

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered at 3:03am. Got my tracking info this morning around 4am. So far it just says in West Chester and nothing else. It's coming from UPS

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems like this part of the East Coast around the Delaware, NJ and PA area is getting info later than compared with those in the Midwest. Just an observation.

captriker

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That's a good observation and may make sense. If they are planning to get the phone into the hands of everyone for say the 8th or 9th, they may have to stagger the shipments. So even though it says next day, it might take time for the device to transit so for people located in NJ (like me,) PA or DE, the actual shipment may not go out until Monday or Tuesday.

I know it says overnight and Fedex/UPS would get it there, but with the large number of shipments they need to make, Verizon might have to stagger the shipments to ensure they reach customers by the 10th. Not to mention they have another pre order for the 9th to plan for.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We had bot a Long Islander and a Johnstown PA man have tracking numbers yesterday evening.

Yeah but they are different location codes. The location codes associated with our specific region seem to not be getting the information as quickly. Not that it hasn't shipped it just hasn't been updated. I'm sure by the end of tonight it should be there for everyone who preordered.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That's a good observation and may make sense. If they are planning to get the phone into the hands of everyone for say the 8th or 9th, they may have to stagger the shipments. So even though it says next day, it might take time for the device to transit so for people located in NJ (like me,) PA or DE, the actual shipment may not go out until Monday or Tuesday.

I know it says overnight and Fedex/UPS would get it there, but with the large number of shipments they need to make, Verizon might have to stagger the shipments to ensure they reach customers by the 10th. Not to mention they have another pre order for the 9th to plan for.

Which means they totally lied about "First come first served".

They should have called it "Order whenever and whenever we are good an ready we will get around to shipping it to folks in the order we pick from this here hat."

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah and I don't mind. I wasn't expecting anything until the 10th. So as long as I get it by then and don't have to wait in line, I'm fine with that.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Which means they totally lied about "First come first served".

They should have called it "Order whenever and whenever we are good an ready we will get around to shipping it to folks in the order we pick from this here hat."

That's not lying. First come first served doesn't mean you get your tracking info first. Please don't go overboard with this. ;)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That's not lying. First come first served doesn't mean you get your tracking info first. Please don't go overboard with this. ;)

No, it means you get the phone first. So in a logical order that would be:

Order- check.
Order confirmation- check.
Shipping confirmation- check.
Delivered- check.

NOT:

Order- check.
Order confirmation- check.
Other people that ordered after you shipping confirmation- check.
Shipping confirmation- check.
Delivery- check.

captriker

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can't say I saw something that said 'first come first served' and if they did say that, it means 'first to try to pre-order gets a preorder' you've reserved a device and will get it before the 10th.

Also keep in mind what I am saying. Your order is technically 'shipped' as in it's packaged and ready to be picked up by the carrier. Because you may be local (or more local) to the warehouse, your order doesn't have to be picked up yet so no tracking info.

Given distance and weather factors, Verizon/Fedex/UPS may pick up some orders earlier so they get there on time. So the order going from PA to NJ has to be picked up on Monday, but the order that travels farther, say PA to Maine, has to be picked up today. but everyone gets their orders around the same time.

Now if they actually go "Out for Delivery" and reach people by Monday, then oh well. You can be pissed then :)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can't say I saw something that said 'first come first served' and if they did say that, it means 'first to try to pre-order gets a preorder' you've reserved a device and will get it before the 10th.

When can I purchase iPhone 4?

iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a first come, first served basis via VerizonWireless.com, on February 3rd 2011 at 3:01am EST.

You ever been to a deli? Ever take a paper ticket with a number on it? Say you took number, oh, I don't know, 8. Now you look at the number board:

Now Serving Number: 6.

Now Serving Number: 7.

Now Serving Number: 2167949.

Does that sound like first come first served to you?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Also keep in mind what I am saying. Your order is technically 'shipped' as in it's packaged and ready to be picked up by the carrier. Because you may be local (or more local) to the warehouse, your order doesn't have to be picked up yet so no tracking info.

Given distance and weather factors, Verizon/Fedex/UPS may pick up some orders earlier so they get there on time. So the order going from PA to NJ has to be picked up on Monday, but the order that travels farther, say PA to Maine, has to be picked up today. but everyone gets their orders around the same time.

Now if they actually go "Out for Delivery" and reach people by Monday, then oh well. You can be pissed then :)

Exactly. We do not know where they are being shipped from. Some have to be picked up by the courier sooner than others but that doesn't mean they get theirs sooner. People are just too dramatic sometimes. And VZW only promised to get the device by the 10th so anything earlier is a bonus.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When can I purchase iPhone 4?

iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a first come, first served basis via VerizonWireless.com, on February 3rd 2011 at 3:01am EST.

You ever been to a deli? Ever take a paper ticket with a number on it? Say you took number, oh, I don't know, 8. Now you look at the number board:

Now Serving Number: 6.

Now Serving Number: 7.

Now Serving Number: 2167949.

Does that sound like first come first served to you?

Did you take time to read the second part of the post which makes complete logical sense? Just wondering.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner