I have both an iPhone (on Monday) and an iTouch. I have like 50 GB of music on my ipod. Well if you can guess, I won't have that much space on the iPhone.

I have all my music perfectly organized, so I don't want to just make a playlist of the music to sync. I know I can have separate libraries on my computer for my user, but it creates new files and folders for the separate itunes library when I do that. So I will have space taken up that is not needed on my computer.

How can I get both libraries on my same user to share the same music files? That way I can add the music I want to the my iPhone's itunes library which will be separate, but it will just pull the sound from the full library from my other itunes. This way if I could get it to do this, would be a whole lot easier to synch each one how I want, and not take up extra space of another library.
    02-04-2011 11:28 AM
    Nvm, I solved how to do this.

I had to uncheck the box that says "Copy Files to iTunes media folder when adding a library" in the advanced section in preferences.
    02-04-2011 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD