So if you ordered from Apple, there may be a silver lining...

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So, I just spoke with a CS rep in the shipping department from Apple about this whole "customers that ordered from Verizon have already received their tracking information and will be possibly getting their phones Monday" mess and heres what they said:

"Your order will be processed in the order that it was received. Im not showing any type of 'hold until date x' on your order so as soon as it is processed it will go out for shipment and you will receive your tracking info."

No necessarily as good as "hey, we'll ship it out to you today" but still, there is a possibility with the fact that they do not have orders to hold shipments until the 9th that we could get it early. Oh well, back to checking my order status every 30 minutes...:(

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... the only thing is, why hasn't there been a single report of an Apple order status being changed to "shipped?" My orders were in as soon as their store went back online. I guess it's possible that they'll ship today for Monday delivery just like the Verizon orders - at least, that's what I'm hoping for... But since no one is getting them today anyway, the difference between Monday and Tuesday isn't as big as Friday and Monday.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they'll start shipping them out today but as DoctorK said, we haven't seen a status update beyond Prepared for Shipment. While I'd really like to get my phone as soon as possible (I've been using a 3 year old flip phone for almost a month already after selling my Droid Pro), I'm almost expecting to have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to get it. However, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Didn't the orders that go through Apple's site go to Verizon? Then Verizon is shipping them all out i thought.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What sucks is the only reason I ordered from Apple was because I had a gift card. I probably would have ordered through Verizon had I known I would have saved a day or two. But I mean honestly whats a few more days? We've all been waiting for 3+ years to get this thing. Excitement is a pain in the butt sometimes :) What sucks is the only reason I ordered from Apple was because I had a gift card. I probably would have ordered through Verizon had I known I would have saved a day or two.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's like a traffic jam. You're all going to get there about the same time, but it's frustrating to see the other line of cars moving and you can't see anything blocking your lane ahead so you're not sure why your lane is stopped.

adamped92

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's like a traffic jam. You're all going to get there about the same time, but it's frustrating to see the other line of cars moving and you can't see anything blocking your lane ahead so you're not sure why your lane is stopped.

I have to qoute this and put it in my sig

Reactions: DoctorK

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm chatting with an online rep with apple right now and she is expecting an email today with tracking info. She said she isnt totally in the know but she is expecting it. She ordered it at 303am and is tired of waiting 4 years like us. She said she checks her email every hour hoping for an update. :)

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What kills me is no matter when it was sent, I will most likely have to wait an extra day :(

When I put the order through, it was through the business account with my boss's name and work address. So in the Shipping info, there is no business name, and the Suite # is not listed. I put in a request through Apple to correct the name and address, they stated they cannot do it while in "prepared for shipment" status, and Fed Ex has to attempt to deliver it one time before the correction is made which makes no sense whatsoever, and then it will be shipped the next business day.

I kind of held out hope that the Fed Ex guy that makes deliveries daily to this office might put 2 and 2 together and know that usually the Boss's name that shows Business name, followed ATTN: "Boss's name here" was just missing the business name.

Well I had the tracking for the Bumper that was supposed to arrive today, it showed as on truck for delivery, at 10:34 it showed at local facility and the delivery date has changed to tomorrow. So I am guessing the correction will be done and I will get it Monday.

Sigh :(

Docwamp

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Rookie

I'm chatting with an online rep with apple right now and she is expecting an email today with tracking info. She said she isnt totally in the know but she is expecting it. She ordered it at 303am and is tired of waiting 4 years like us. She said she checks her email every hour hoping for an update. :)

She's only checking every hour? Rookie. I refresh my email view at least every five minutes. I have been waiting four years because I didn't even have a choice--in Montana, we won't even have AT&T coverage until later this year, so I've had to wait for Verizon...

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to exercise some discipline - I'm limiting myself to checking apple.com for shipment status updates once an hour... refreshing these forums every five minutes, though, to see if someone has news.

jlmans79

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've been checking the apple website too & nothing yet! I'm gonna have this nervous stomachache until I see a "has been shipped" on my order status!!

jwiggs23

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
She's only checking every hour? Rookie. I refresh my email view at least every five minutes. I have been waiting four years because I didn't even have a choice--in Montana, we won't even have AT&T coverage until later this year, so I've had to wait for Verizon...

I'm in the same situation as you here in south dakota. No at&t service offered here.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Glad to know im not alone with this whole Apple.com business. Either way im really happy Verizon and Apple decided to get together on this one... NOW SEND ME MY IPHONE BEFORE I SEND CHUCK NORRIS OVER THERE WITH A BB GUN!!!:eek:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad to know im not alone with this whole Apple.com business. Either way im really happy Verizon and Apple decided to get together on this one... NOW SEND ME MY IPHONE BEFORE I SEND CHUCK NORRIS OVER THERE WITH A BB GUN!!!:eek:

If he needs a BB gun, he's not Chuck Norris.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234