So if you ordered from Apple, there may be a silver lining...

drj400m

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Love the traffic jam reference! Oh well hopefully the wait will be over soon. I would love to see a shipping email, but will continue being patient.

xfillthy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My take is a majority of the orders are going to be delivered MONDAY(for verizon orders) and THURSDAY for apple orders. Therefore, half of us who THOUGHT we were smart going through apple will be searching the whole week for meaning to all of this....THANKS APPLE!

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My take is a majority of the orders are going to be delivered MONDAY(for verizon orders) and THURSDAY for apple orders. Therefore, half of us who THOUGHT we were smart going through apple will be searching the whole week for meaning to all of this....THANKS APPLE!

At least if you paid full retail you have the satisfaction of having paid $50 less :)

Also, you don't know that it will be Thursday for us, don't throw that Thanks Apple with attitude yet ;)

xfillthy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
At least if you paid full retail you have the satisfaction of having paid $50 less :)

Also, you don't know that it will be Thursday for us, don't throw that Thanks Apple with attitude yet ;)

You're right i don't know for sure but with apple not updating order status
all i can see is the phone sitting in an apple facility ready to be shipped, but it hasn't.
Meaning it would take until thursday or so to arrive depending on where you are because the orders were standard ship.
Actually i was upgrade eligible and chose to go through apple and paid 299.99 + 69.97 in CA TAX
because apple charges the same tax on an upgrade as a FRP phone which is just....sad. But what really gets at me is that apple is allowing verizon to ship
their product ahead of release, while leaving the rest of us who ordered through apple shaking our heads

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site

Well Great you just ruined it for us now. Now Steve Jobs won't ship us any phones and keep our money.

I look at it this way if it's early cool, if not and it comes on Thursday. Then I saved 50 bucks and did not have to wait in line for hours. Either way it's a win, win for me.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll gladly wait a few extra days to save $50 bones. That's gas money for 2 weeks, food for a week for myself(I'm a pig), money towards my next phone bill, money for movie tickets, dinner out with the GF, Tim Hortons for a month!, etc etc.

It would be cool to receive it on Monday but it'll be worth the wait when I do get it, I'm not worried.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Now that's what I am talking about!!

Hey, were getting the iPhone on Verizon...its a win/win for everyone.

So nice to have some money smart people post. I make good money, but 50 bucks is 50 bucks.
I'll gladly wait a few extra days to save $50 bones. That's gas money for 2 weeks, food for a week for myself(I'm a pig), money towards my next phone bill, money for movie tickets, dinner out with the GF, Tim Hortons for a month!, etc etc.

It would be cool to receive it on Monday but it'll be worth the wait when I do get it, I'm not worried.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This is nerve racking, I just say Apple go ahead and ship all of them right now to make it fair. Obviously Verizon didnt follow the rules so Apple might as well ship them out right now too to make the customers happy.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading 2 lines, so the price was the same on either. In fact, I had my verizon order screen all filled out well before 3pm, on the final Submit screen, waiting for the Apple store to re-open. And I chose to order through Apple for their superior customer service... lolz

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods