So excited about my new iPhone but wondering how I am going to get my work emails. I just got the personal email option ($29) data plan. Does this mean there will not be the Exchange email set up option? I only care about my email and hated to pay $20 more each month. Is this true? Are there any apps that will do it? I had Touchdown on my Droid X and it worked well. Any thoughts????
    02-03-2011 11:30 PM
    i dont see any particular difference in the data plan structure on Vzw's website, like there is on the AT&T website... it seems that the $29 data plan will do all data...

from my experience with AT&T, the $29 plan over there did not descriminate with my works' exchange data... i dont think Vzw will charge more for YOUR personal phone...
    02-03-2011 11:40 PM
    So excited about my new iPhone but wondering how I am going to get my work emails. I just got the personal email option ($29) data plan. Does this mean there will not be the Exchange email set up option? I only care about my email and hated to pay $20 more each month. Is this true? Are there any apps that will do it? I had Touchdown on my Droid X and it worked well. Any thoughts????
    Not sure about how it will be with the iPhone, but with my iPad I use company's outlook web access with no problems.
    02-03-2011 11:56 PM
    ActiveSync is free. It's included in your data plan.
    02-04-2011 12:13 AM
    I use my iPhone and connect to my schools email through an exchange server using the $30 data plan. I think the higher data plan is for corporations who issue company iPhone that take advantage of remote wiping, OTA syncing and other enterprise services companies use.
    02-04-2011 12:51 AM
    Thanks so much! I feel better now. I guess I had never seen that option before and worried it was a Verizon difference. Phew!
    02-04-2011 05:58 AM
    I am using the iPad with exchange. It works great and active syncs better than my blackberry. It should be the exact same set up for my new iPhone.
    02-04-2011 06:47 AM
    To add to this, if you have a gmail account, you should also set it up as Exchange to take advantage of syncing your calendar and contacts. Exchange activesync works great on the idevices and android too.
    02-04-2011 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD