There has got to be a way to get around this no early upgrade business.

varucell

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Everything I heard was if you were more than a month away from an upgrade, the response was "Sorry, no dice"

as a matter of fact, someone on these boards said that 2/6 was their upgrade date an vzw told them they would need to wait until 2/6 or pag full retail.

Between vzw changing their early upgrade rules and the fact they know they will have no problem selling these? Guessing their motivation to "be nice" is next to zero.

Actually I am on my 20th month of my contract and I have had an upgrade waiting since december. So This is not true

eyesofsatan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I can assure you that you're not getting an upgrade twice. It's either now or six months from now, not both.

It says you are eligible for an upgrade now, and eligible for an additional discount on August 11, 2011. I agree with you that I wont get another upgrade, I'm just joking around.

I am just excited I got them to bump my upgrade up 6 months.

Rickerd

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Abuse the system?

I didn't know simply saying "Hey, is there any way to bump my upgrade up to this month?" is considered abuse.

Glad to hear that they finally gave in... did you ask to speak to upper personal at Verizon in order to get them to bump up your upgrade date? Was their a special number that you called?

I am only a month away, but I would like to have it now!!!

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Add a line and hook it up to a "dumbphone" with no data package. Simply change your current number over to the iPhone when you receive it. It's only an extra $10 a month on a FamilyShare Plan. This lightened the burden of a possible upfront $750 bill. This is what I did...not sure it's an option for you, though.

Ditto. I will however keep the new number. If you do not have a "dumbphone" laying around, chances are you know someone who does.

e_t

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Abuse the system?

I didn't know simply saying "Hey, is there any way to bump my upgrade up to this month?" is considered abuse.

Because your upgrade is set by date you signed up for the service. Asking "can I have my upgrade bumped because I'm getting tired of my phone and I'm growing impatient for the iPhone."

chances are sullplies will grow low and you will have to wait anyway. You went this far, you can wait longer

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Because your upgrade is set by date you signed up for the service. Asking "can I have my upgrade bumped because I'm getting tired of my phone and I'm growing impatient for the iPhone."

chances are sullplies will grow low and you will have to wait anyway. You went this far, you can wait longer

Man, you're a bafoon.

jta1188

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
ATTN: Disbelievers -

Spoke to Verizon today, after about 5 or so minutes of talking to them I got an early upgrade credited to my account. HELLO IPHONE 4.

ALSO - Not only can I upgrade now, but my upgrade that was supposed to happen in 6 months apparently still will be there in 6 months. HELLO IPHONE 5.

Thanks for all you're input guys, and to the the folks bummed out about not being able to upgrade early. KEEP CALLING, you'll eventually get what you want*.

*Don't hold me to that.

I hate to be rude, but I seriously hope this isn't how you conduct yourself in everything you do. You sound like a little kid who was upset because things didn't go your way and for some reason you think you're entitled to special treatment. Attempting to skirt the rules that you previously agreed to just because you think you're "special" is not going to get you very far in life. Wait your turn like everyone else next time; you'll live, and you'll look a lot more mature in the process.

Last edited:

eyesofsatan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be rude, but I seriously hope this isn't how you conduct yourself in everything you do. You sound like a little kid who was upset because things didn't go your way and for some reason you think you're entitled to special treatment. Attempting to skirt the rules that you previously agreed to just because you think you're "special" is not going to get you very far in life. Wait your turn like everyone else next time; you'll live, and you'll look a lot more mature in the process.

Why are you insulting me? I'm not being a jerk here. I was simply excited that my upgrade got moved up. I didn't complain/beg/talk to higher ups, I just asked the right person I guess. I don't feel like I'm entitled to special treatment, but there is no sense in NOT trying.

If you look back in this thread all I originally asked was if people had any suggestions as to getting an early upgrade. THEN, when I did post about actually GETTING an early upgrade I was excited, and I thanked everyone who helped me.

I don't understand why you are so upset about this, did you pay full retail price or something?

eyesofsatan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that they finally gave in... did you ask to speak to upper personal at Verizon in order to get them to bump up your upgrade date? Was their a special number that you called?

I am only a month away, but I would like to have it now!!!

I just called the 611 number. It all depends on the rep you get, if you don't get someone who sounds nice/understanding - hang up and call back until you do.

I called once and the guy wasn't having it. I waited about a half hour and called back, got a real nice lady who was willing to work with me. No higher-ups involved.

jta1188

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to insult you, but your original post rubbed me (and clearly several others) the wrong way. You said:

I'm assuming I can call and if I complain enough, and keep talking to higher ups I can maybe get them to budge.

So whether or not you threatened, begged, etc. is really beside the point. The simple fact that you were willing to call and complain because you all of a sudden don't want to abide by the contract you signed is - as someone already mentioned - one of the major reasons Verizon and other carriers have become more strict with upgrades in the first place. If you don't see how complaining to Verizon because you're too impatient to wait for your contractual upgrade - not because they did anything wrong, but simply because you don't want to wait - isn't a little immature, then there really isn't anything else for me to say.

eyesofsatan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to insult you, but your original post rubbed me (and clearly several others) the wrong way. You said:

So whether or not you threatened, begged, etc. is really beside the point. The simple fact that you were willing to call and complain because you all of a sudden don't want to abide by the contract you signed is - as someone already mentioned - one of the major reasons Verizon and other carriers have become more strict with upgrades in the first place. If you don't see how complaining to Verizon because you're too impatient to wait for your contractual upgrade - not because they did anything wrong, but simply because you don't want to wait - isn't a little immature, then there really isn't anything else for me to say.

The sentence in my first post is clearly a joke that you took too seriously. If it rubbed you/others the wrong way because I got an early upgrade, I'm sorry to hear that.

I am going to try to word this better for you because you are obviously not understanding -

Calling and simply asking for an early upgrade and getting it is NOT immature. Every consumer has a right to at least try to help themselves out.

I tried, calmly asking, not complaining, and it worked.

I'm assuming you paid FRP and are upset that I got around it. I'm sorry to hear it if that is the case. Maybe you should've tried calling like I did. :cool:

bcurtiss

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
And this is why the policies are changing and not allowing early upgrades for those of us who wait and actually go by are contract dates. Thanks for contributing to raised fees and the removal of early upgrades due to your whining and crying like a baby.

And no I did not pay FRP, I actually waited like I was supposed to and did an upgrade to receive my iPhone 4 on Monday of this week.

rl2k05

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I called yesterday and since my upgrade date was the 18th, they went ahead and changed it to the 9th which is today. I was able to upgrade this morning at 3:00 am. FWIW, I dont think you are taking advantage of the system. I have 5 lines on my account which means I can upgrade my phones like clock work. For the retailer, its all about the money and if they can make it, they will do what ever it takes to make a dollar......JMHO.

eyesofsatan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
And this is why the policies are changing and not allowing early upgrades for those of us who wait and actually go by are contract dates. Thanks for contributing to raised fees and the removal of early upgrades due to your whining and crying like a baby.

And no I did not pay FRP, I actually waited like I was supposed to and did an upgrade to receive my iPhone 4 on Monday of this week.

Where do you get your information from? Are you just assuming that's why they are changing their policies.

You sound like the baby by the way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711