Verizon iPhone Coverage WTF!!!

apu

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

SO I was planning to get the iPhone 4 from Verizon ( bye bye AT&T) and I really wanted insurance ( thanks to me being super clumsy). But, the price just doesn't add up for me.

$10.00 a month plus a $199 deductible. Does this seem absurd to anyone?

I looked at another few options and came across worthave and squaretrade.
Seems like worthave give loss and theft too, but i read some of the reviews and they seem sketchy:confused: !

I read great things about SquareTrade but ehhh I'm not sure. Anyone have any other better options for me?

skytower31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

SO I was planning to get the iPhone 4 from Verizon ( bye bye AT&T) and I really wanted insurance ( thanks to me being super clumsy). But, the price just doesn't add up for me.

$10.00 a month plus a $199 deductible. Does this seem absurd to anyone?

I looked at another few options and came across worthave and squaretrade.
Seems like worthave give loss and theft too, but i read some of the reviews and they seem sketchy:confused: !

I read great things about SquareTrade but ehhh I'm not sure. Anyone have any other better options for me?

I'm going with SquareTrade after seeing the absurd Verizon TEC prices. Best deal out there if you can deal without loss/stolen coverage.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
most insurance is a rip off especially asurion but I mean they cover everything so it is kind of worth it not to mention the fact that the phone is $600+ dollars for full retail

anon(123795)

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As much as it's good to know SquareTrade doesn't cover Lost or Stolen...I am willing to take that risk for much cheaper coverage. Not sure where you guys live, but I'm pretty sure I'm more likely to drop it. Pretty sure everyone is!

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As much as it's good to know SquareTrade doesn't cover Lost or Stolen...I am willing to take that risk for much cheaper coverage. Not sure where you guys live, but I'm pretty sure I'm more likely to drop it. Pretty sure everyone is!

I've never had a phone become lost or stolen, but now that I mention that I will be short on luck and it will happen. It is more likely I will drop and smash the phone.

Reactions: JCDOVE77

fuzzy#IM

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You could always schedule your phone on your Homeowners policy....the coverage would be better and they would cover your phone at no deductible. Cost would be very low but obviously depends on carrier.

a precautionary note here, most HO carriers allow 3 claims in 3 years, so you have to be really careful about making claims or if you already have claims.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
IMO, squaretrade gives the best value. Right now iPhone plans are 99 bucks and that covers accidental damage for 2 years. And here's the thing, say you get rid of you iPhone in 6 months and never used the coverage, you get a prorated amount of it back. You really can't beat that. I take that over carrier coverage any day especially the 10 dollar a month coverage.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You guys should be thanking God they are even offering monthly insurance coverage. It used to be only Apple Care. Which is around 60 bucks but doesn't cover accidental damage nor theft.

kittridge

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You guys should be thanking God they are even offering monthly insurance coverage. It used to be only Apple Care. Which is around 60 bucks but doesn't cover accidental damage nor theft.

uh... i'm sorry, what am i thankful for? that verizon wants to screw me one dollar less than at&t wants to screw me? it's like thanking god for being robbed at gunpoint and having the gunman only want my wallet and my phone, and not my shoes too.

Highway robbery is highway robbery.

(heard of squaretrade but havent ever checked them out. maybe i will this time around)

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
uh... i'm sorry, what am i thankful for? that verizon wants to screw me one dollar less than at&t wants to screw me? it's like thanking god for being robbed at gunpoint and having the gunman only want my wallet and my phone, and not my shoes too.

Highway robbery is highway robbery.

(heard of squaretrade but havent ever checked them out. maybe i will this time around)

Insurance monthly cost isn't determined by the carriers... It's determined by the insurance company... In this case, Asurion.