Shipping Notices may not be what they appear to be.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have posted this in a couple of threads, but I thought I would post this on its own for what its worth.

These shipping status notifications are not what they appear to be. I could well be wrong, but I am speaking from prior experince with pre-ordering the iPad last year.

Its most likely that the shipped status you are seeing is the iPhone being moved from the warehouse to Fedex. Fedex will hold the iPhones until the predetermined ship date next week. This is exactly what they did with the iPad last year. All iPads in the initial release were shipped overnight so that everyone got them on the same day.

Some of you will say "But I have already been billed!". This happened with the iPad as well. Apple actually withdrew the funds and then put them back into their respective accounts. This is not to be confused with a hold. If you dont believe me, read some early threads over at ipadforums.net

Let me say that until you get a tracking #, these shipping status changes are meaningless.

I'll end by admiting that I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But I wanted you to know what happened with the iPad last year. Lots of people got their hopes up ... and were a little let down that the iPad shipped later than they thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSRS

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have posted this in a couple of threads, but I thought I would post this on its own for what its worth.

These shipping status notifications are not what they appear to be. I could well be wrong, but I am speaking from prior experince with pre-ordering the iPad last year.

Its most likely that the shipped status you are seeing is the iPhone being moved from the warehouse to Fedex. Fedex will hold the iPhones until the predetermined ship date next week. This is exactly what they did with the iPad last year. All iPads in the initial release were shipped overnight so that everyone got them on the same day.

Some of you will say "But I have already been billed!". This happened with the iPad as well. Apple actually withdrew the funds and then put them back into their respective accounts. This is not to be confused with a hold. If you dont believe me, read some early threads over at ipadforums.net

Let me say that until you get a tracking #, these shipping status changes are meaningless.

I'll end by admiting that I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But I wanted you to know what happened with the iPad last year. Lots of people got their hopes up ... and were a little let down that the iPad shipped later than they thought.

I agree in part. I've experienced in the past that Apple will place a hold on the funds then released a couple days later and then finally take them out. This is especially likely when using a debit card. Companies can only place holds on funds from a back for a short period of time when compared with a credit card where they can put a hold for 30 days. This is why last year AT&T only took orders in the store with credit cards because there was no telling when you'd get your iphone and they wanted to have the hold on there for a while which I understand. But no one is getting their phone this weekend. Should start seeing them by the middle of next week.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And it's contrary to what I know from previous Verizon device launches, and what I've received by e-mails from Customer Service. They say to expect delivery the 10th to coincide with the store launch. If mine comes before next Thursday, I will be most pleased, but I'm not planning on it.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Even with prior iPhone launches FedEx didn't update the status as often either. So when people try to track them it could show that it hasn't move for 2 days and on the other side of the country and next thing you know it's getting delivered tomorrow. And in many cases it would sit at your local fedex office until the day it's supposed to be delivered. So if it got to your office on the evening of the 8th, it's a good possibility that it will sit there until the 10, but the kicker is, you may not know it's already there since they may or may not update with the most recent tracking info.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I figured they would hold them until next week people get all worked up I mean if they were going to send them out this week then why not do preorders on monday and send em friday people just get all excited when they see that it says it has shipped. I am looking forward to getting it next week if it comes before then well fine lol but im not hoping to get it before then

brucep1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree with everything here..Comparing the Ipad launch to the re-launch of the Iphone 4 doesn't make sense.

The Iphone 4 is not a new device. It is simply on a different network. Remember, no Steve Jobs announcing it.

If they have the Iphone 4 stocked, why wouldn't they send them out early to loyal customers? Neither Apple nor Verizon has any reason not to send them. I would like one logical reason why they would stay firm on this "re-launch" date. So they don't piss off nonloyal customers? doesn't make sense.

Verizon customers waited this long, and I think it's time that Verizon is really going to value their loyalty. I expect mine by Tuesday or earlier.

Reactions: Uplink

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I figured they would hold them until next week people get all worked up I mean if they were going to send them out this week then why not do preorders on monday and send em friday people just get all excited when they see that it says it has shipped.

You're right sometimes people do get too excited when marketing people market something in a way that builds anticipation and then that thing is coupled with little information or sometimes even misinformation and then commented upon by people who are so excited that they express excitement and then are criticized for being excited by people who are so critical they can't be bothered to use punctuation or break up run on sentences.

(I am excited and worked up and you can't take that away Debbie Downer!) :D

Kyle Dziekan

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
I just got off the phone with customer support and the rep advised that my order status was prepared for shipment not shipped like it said on myverizon. :confused:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You're right sometimes people do get too excited when marketing people market something in a way that builds anticipation and then that thing is coupled with little information or sometimes even misinformation and then commented upon by people who are so excited that they express excitement and then are criticized for being excited by people who are so critical they can't be bothered to use punctuation or break up run on sentences.

(I am excited and worked up and you can't take that away Debbie Downer!) :D

Nobody is a debbie downer just stating facts from past releases. Nice try though maybe now you can go back into your corner with your phone and play with yourself since it seems that will be the only action you will be getting if you get that worked up over a phone. May want to check your pants also! smh

apu

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Blarrkkk! and I was getting happy for no good reason. As long as I get it on the day it launches in the store I'm happy. How many of you opted for the insurance? I think it's way to expensive. Deductible upto $199 ?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i got the insurance but $169 deductible? my husband's was only $99.99. i'll keep the extended warranty and get applecare.

apu

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of third party insurance ... May be SquareTrade. But, I've never used them before. Their deductible seems sane $50.

Anyone ever use them. Are they worth it?

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of third party insurance ... May be SquareTrade. But, I've never used them before. Their deductible seems sane $50.

Anyone ever use them. Are they worth it?

From what I understand its well worth it. $99 one time fee for 2yrs and $50 deductible. I heard they will go out their way to repair any damage instead of replacing extreme damage and if they do have to replace it your contract is cut and you have to pay $99 again for a new contract. Thats the only part I didnt like. I heard the repair process is a pretty quick turnaround tho.

apu

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jaycee. So if they replace your phone with a new one you have to buy a new warranty? Sorry I'm confused!

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So if they replace your phone with a new one you have to buy a new warranty?

Exactly, but if they repair they fix and send back and all is good. I signed up for VZN's warranty but I plan to cancel it for Squaretrade, I was just clicking to finish my order. LOL
They also dont cover lost or theft, but in that case u can cancel your insurance and get the prorated amount back.(ONLY IF U HAVEN'T FILED A CLAIM ON THE CURRENT CONTRACT WITH THEM)

Oh yeah and they fix normal phone failures for free= no deductible.

Last edited:

truss83

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

FAIL... I have a tracking number and an estimated delivery date of 2/7. So excited.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro