Will Verizon Cripple the the GPS on the iPhone?

Journey#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon tech told me that new blackberries didn't have the problems my old Curve had, but I was holding out for the iPhone so I was not going to upgrade to find out.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple would never allow it. Vzn is selling the iPhone on Apples terms... not Vzn's

As much as I would have loved a VZW iPhone 4 years ago? I am glad that things worked out the way they did.

Apple chooses a smaller company that is more likely to work with Apple on Apple's terms (Cingular)
Cingular get's bought by AT&T/becomes AT&T, and lives up to the terms Cingular agreed to
Apple Kicks @$$ and takes name, history is made
Verizon has to allow Apple to be Apple. To "EARN" the iPhone.

Winner?

Us.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the Verizon iPhone aGPS is working perfectly! I walked outsite, fired up MotionX Drive, and it found my location from a dead start in about 3 seconds with 5 bars of signal on the GPS! It even gets it indoors in my house. My Palm pre could not do that at all. So, fortunately, all the GPS apps will work great. I am so pleased about that!

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Drove to work today with MotionX GPS Drive with instant GPS lock and flawless performance. Verizon iPhone aGPS appears to be unhindered by Verizon, and working perfectly. Such a change from my poor Palm pre that was crippled by Verizon.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Drove to work today with MotionX GPS Drive with instant GPS lock and flawless performance. Verizon iPhone aGPS appears to be unhindered by Verizon, and working perfectly. Such a change from my poor Palm pre that was crippled by Verizon.

Ditto. I used the Mapquest app and it worked beautifully. I also came from a Palm Pre, and even with the GPS Fix patch, was never this good.

The other thing I noticed (a bit off topic, but still) is that my pre would always drop, or "skip", on the way to work. I would listen to TuneIn radio and there was a 3 mile stretch (also the most traffic, so takes a while to get through) where it would drop in and out. Today with the iPhone? Not a drop. I had thought it was just that section's coverage. Guess not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner