I done got billed!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Order numbers are clearly random.. I am order #29xxxxx and order my phone nearly an hour after blu3live ordered his/hers... Your order will be processed when its processed!! Be patient I am sure some of you have waited 4 years for this just as I have!

They are not entirely random. As the order went on the numbers were CLEARLY getting bigger.

I was seeing single digits like myself, then hundreds, then thousands, then ten thousands and so on.

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Also, read the FAQ's again it says...

This is from the FAQ's from Verizon about the iPhone preorders...find the FAQ's here...iPhone? 4. Verizon. It Begins.

number 7 reads..."If I pre-order iPhone 4, when will I receive it?

iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before February 10, 2011."

Hope this means "before" Feb 10th...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They are not entirely random. As the order went on the numbers were CLEARLY getting bigger.

I was seeing single digits like myself, then hundreds, then thousands, then ten thousands and so on.

They don't represent the number the person was to order something. I'm pretty sure they would have announced that they sold a million devices in 12 hours.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Right, I am assuming the first 9 orders were randomly given numbers between 1 and 9, then the next 90 orders were randomly assigned a number between 10 and 99, etc etc, this being said, one could assume that there were one million iPhone orders either in the process of being placed, or placed before 3AM EST.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
They don't represent the number the person was to order something. I'm pretty sure they would have announced that they sold a million devices in 12 hours.

Right, I am assuming the first 9 orders were randomly given numbers between 1 and 9, then the next 90 orders were randomly assigned a number between 10 and 99, etc etc, this being said, one could assume that there were one million iPhone orders either in the process of being placed, or placed before 3AM EST.

If this is true, then it means that my order confirmation, received at 2:50 AM EST, was nearly 1.2 MILLION.

I don't think that happened.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Why not? We see concerts for certain CITIES for venues that hold 50,000+ people sell out in minutes.

Just saying it is entirely possible...

*Playing Devils Advocate"

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, then it means that my order confirmation, received at 2:50 AM EST, was nearly 1.2 MILLION.

I don't think that happened.

Exactly. 1.2 million people didn't even know they could order before 3am EST. And I'm sure the site would have crash immediately with all those orders going through in a matter of minutes. And they would have announced it sometime this morning too. People are just getting carried away.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Oh, I assure you that 12 million units were not sold. What I am saying is that the order numbers, without a doubt, got larger with more orders. Last night a 2:47-3 I saw numbers between 8 and 500. Now we are into the thousands if not millions, the numbers ARE larger.

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I assure you that 12 million units were not sold. What I am saying is that the order numbers, without a doubt, got larger with more orders. Last night a 2:47-3 I saw numbers between 8 and 500. Now we are into the thousands if not millions, the numbers ARE larger.

I ordered at 2:55 ET and had an order number over 2 million.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Just looking for something to talk about while we wait :cool:... Dont want to get anyone mad!!

:D

Reactions: drj400m

Tennessee

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I was over a million before 3am. People ordering after me had lower numbers. Each location had a batch of numbers. That being said,,,you could have been the third order but have a two million number based on your location.

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Really? On this forum all I saw was 1-3 digit numbers at that time. Wow. :)

I was on the board last night and was talking about how I was confused why my order number was so high, now I have my shipped notification and some with lower numbers do not have that information.

mkm

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just a question since I have never pre-ordered a phone before (or ordered a phone off the internet for that matter), are we sure that if we get them say tomorrow, that we will be able to activate the phones? I was on the VZW forums and this issue was brought up (claiming they talked to apple, and apple rep said this was the case....) I, however, trust the opinions on this forum....

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just a question since I have never pre-ordered a phone before (or ordered a phone off the internet for that matter), are we sure that if we get them say tomorrow, that we will be able to activate the phones? I was on the VZW forums and this issue was brought up (claiming they talked to apple, and apple rep said this was the case....) I, however, trust the opinions on this forum....

If you get the phone I almost guarantee you will be able to activate it. Imagine the backdraft id millions of folks get their shiny new phone and can't use it for a week.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The process Verizon has used in the past for shipped phones is:

You call the toll free number on the instruction sheet that comes with the phone, accept terms and conditions of the contract, then over-the-air program the phone by dialing *228 and selecting option 1. Once the programming completes, the phone is useable. During times of peak demand, like releases of new devices - those systems can be slow, and at times unavailable, so it may take some time to get it all accomplished.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

You call the toll free number on the instruction sheet that comes with the phone, accept terms and conditions of the contract, then over-the-air program the phone by dialing *228 and selecting option 1. Once the programming completes, the phone is useable. During times of peak demand, like releases of new devices - those systems can be slow, and at times unavailable, so it may take some time to get it all accomplished.

You will be using iTunes to be activating the Verizon iPhone 4 not *228

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

This may or may not be different with the iPhone because you activate the iPhone via iTunes. When you hook the phone up to your computer and open iTunes it will ask for your information and you accept the terms and conditions there. Just like a person can activate a phone on 'my verizon' I'm pretty sure the iPhones will be activated this way without calling *228

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh