Oh, I assure you that 12 million units were not sold. What I am saying is that the order numbers, without a doubt, got larger with more orders. Last night a 2:47-3 I saw numbers between 8 and 500. Now we are into the thousands if not millions, the numbers ARE larger.
    Just looking for something to talk about while we wait ... Dont want to get anyone mad!!

drj400m likes this.
    02-03-2011 02:04 PM
    Oh, I assure you that 12 million units were not sold. What I am saying is that the order numbers, without a doubt, got larger with more orders. Last night a 2:47-3 I saw numbers between 8 and 500. Now we are into the thousands if not millions, the numbers ARE larger.
    I was over a million before 3am. People ordering after me had lower numbers. Each location had a batch of numbers. That being said,,,you could have been the third order but have a two million number based on your location.
    02-03-2011 02:05 PM
    I ordered at 2:55 ET and had an order number over 2 million.
    Really? On this forum all I saw was 1-3 digit numbers at that time. Wow.
    02-03-2011 02:06 PM
    Really? On this forum all I saw was 1-3 digit numbers at that time. Wow.
    I was on the board last night and was talking about how I was confused why my order number was so high, now I have my shipped notification and some with lower numbers do not have that information.
    02-03-2011 02:07 PM
    Just a question since I have never pre-ordered a phone before (or ordered a phone off the internet for that matter), are we sure that if we get them say tomorrow, that we will be able to activate the phones? I was on the VZW forums and this issue was brought up (claiming they talked to apple, and apple rep said this was the case....) I, however, trust the opinions on this forum....
    02-03-2011 02:11 PM
    Just a question since I have never pre-ordered a phone before (or ordered a phone off the internet for that matter), are we sure that if we get them say tomorrow, that we will be able to activate the phones? I was on the VZW forums and this issue was brought up (claiming they talked to apple, and apple rep said this was the case....) I, however, trust the opinions on this forum....
    If you get the phone I almost guarantee you will be able to activate it. Imagine the backdraft id millions of folks get their shiny new phone and can't use it for a week.
    02-03-2011 02:13 PM
    The process Verizon has used in the past for shipped phones is:

You call the toll free number on the instruction sheet that comes with the phone, accept terms and conditions of the contract, then over-the-air program the phone by dialing *228 and selecting option 1. Once the programming completes, the phone is useable. During times of peak demand, like releases of new devices - those systems can be slow, and at times unavailable, so it may take some time to get it all accomplished.
    02-03-2011 02:17 PM

You call the toll free number on the instruction sheet that comes with the phone, accept terms and conditions of the contract, then over-the-air program the phone by dialing *228 and selecting option 1. Once the programming completes, the phone is useable. During times of peak demand, like releases of new devices - those systems can be slow, and at times unavailable, so it may take some time to get it all accomplished.
    You will be using iTunes to be activating the Verizon iPhone 4 not *228
    02-03-2011 02:20 PM

This may or may not be different with the iPhone because you activate the iPhone via iTunes. When you hook the phone up to your computer and open iTunes it will ask for your information and you accept the terms and conditions there. Just like a person can activate a phone on 'my verizon' I'm pretty sure the iPhones will be activated this way without calling *228
    02-03-2011 02:21 PM
    You will be using iTunes to be activating the Verizon iPhone 4 not *228

pretty sure we will have to do both unless itunes is smart enough to tell it to dial whilst plugged in upon the initial set up
    02-03-2011 02:22 PM
    pretty sure we will have to do both unless itunes is smart enough to tell it to dial whilst plugged in upon the initial set up
    iPhone isn't like these other phones. iTunes will activate everything for you, pull up your account info and set it up for you. You won't have to dial anything afterwards.
    02-03-2011 02:26 PM
    iPhone isn't like these other phones. iTunes will activate everything for you, pull up your account info and set it up for you. You won't have to dial anything afterwards.
    now that I think about it, Im not sure I had to w/my droid1....although its been 14 or so months....
    02-03-2011 02:28 PM
    now that I think about it, Im not sure I had to w/my droid1....although its been 14 or so months....
    Pretty sure you still have to with droids... iTunes has built in functionality to basically "dial up and do everything you need to without you doing more than clicking a few little circle selection options to choose plan options and verifying information." Off the top of my head I don't think there is another phone manufacturer that uses a similar way to activate phones, i think they leave it up to the wireless provider.

But this is Apple... they do it their way
    02-03-2011 02:34 PM
    Pretty sure you still have to with droids... iTunes has built in functionality to basically "dial up and do everything you need to without you doing more than clicking a few little circle selection options to choose plan options and verifying information." Off the top of my head I don't think there is another phone manufacturer that uses a similar way to activate phones, i think they leave it up to the wireless provider.

But this is Apple... they do it their way
    I mean through the google account activation. I remember I had to enter gmail and password before it would boot up.
    02-03-2011 02:39 PM
    Wasnt this part of the Itunes update that was released around a week ago, that is the inclusion of the CDMA Verizon Iphone information into Itunes. Was pretty sure I read that.
    02-03-2011 02:40 PM
    Also paid with debit card and still no charge whatsoever from verizon not even a .00 authorization. Did receive my conf email. would be a completely awesome surprise if they ship today.
    No pending charge, no conf email here, however when i check the conf number it says in progress so. and attempting to order from apple says theres already a pending order so everything must of gone through ok, as at first i mistyped my exp date and it wouldn't let the order complete, once it had the correct exp date did i finally get to the page showing a conf number so.
    02-03-2011 02:40 PM
    They don't represent the number the person was to order something. I'm pretty sure they would have announced that they sold a million devices in 12 hours.
    12 hours? Try 12 minutes!! I ordered shortly after 2am (Central) and if those numbers are sequential I ordered the 2.8 millionth iPhone.

Agree with you 100%.
    02-03-2011 02:52 PM
    I ain't got billed...yet! Still just a 0.00 inquiry on my DC account, and the status still only shows "processing". I completed my order at 0202 central. Uuuuuugh!
    02-03-2011 05:15 PM
    I ain't got billed...yet! Still just a 0.00 inquiry on my DC account, and the status still only shows "processing". I completed my order at 0202 central. Uuuuuugh!
    It's the end of the world
    02-03-2011 05:19 PM
    It's the end of the world
    Well...not quite. I mean after all, it still says "processing". Almost though...
    02-03-2011 05:26 PM
    Well...not quite. I mean after all, it still says "processing". Almost though...
    I think you'll make it and get your iphone no later than the 10th
    02-03-2011 05:30 PM
    I think you'll make it and get your iphone no later than the 10th
    Now that's what I needed to hear...even if it's not true. I'll stop shaking now
    02-03-2011 05:36 PM
    Every time I come back to this forum and see this thread title, I lol, thanks OP.
    02-03-2011 05:40 PM
    I paid with a credit card and no charges yet...but I already got the shipping confirmation email with a scheduled delivery date of Monday 2/7. Haha, maybe they forgot to charge. Yeah right!
    02-05-2011 05:13 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD