Orders already being shipped

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What would be the incentive to pre order? Why would I stay up to 3 AM to order my iPhone from a limited quantity, if I will just have to wait until the 10th like everyone else.

Ummmmm so you make sure you get one. You do know that Apple and VZW stores will run out of these things and everyone that waits in line won't get one, right? That's why you preorder. I've been through the iPhone preorder with the 3GS and it arrived on launch day. I knew the purpose of a preorder..... to ensure you get one, not to ensure you get one first.

Think about it like this: I'm not sure if you are into video games but every time a new game is coming out, gamestop always try to get people to preorder. Those customers that do preorders don't get their games first, they just have one reserved for them so they won't have to wonder if they'll get one. Got it now?

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ummmmm so you make sure you get one. You do know that Apple and VZW stores will run out of these things and everyone that waits in line won't get one, right? That's why you preorder. I've been through the iPhone preorder with the 3GS and it arrived on launch day. I knew the purpose of a preorder..... to ensure you get one, not to ensure you get one first.

Think about it like this: I'm not sure if you are into video games but every time a new game is coming out, gamestop always try to get people to preorder. Those customers that do preorders don't get their games first, they just have one reserved for them so they won't have to wonder if they'll get one. Got it now?

Yes, I know how video game pre orders work. But then what's the purpose of the pre order on Feb 9th for all other people. They will get one. And have it shipped overnight. And so we will get it the same day as they do... And why would. And the biggest thing to make waiting until the 10th not make sense... Why would this pre order for the 3rd be limited? Why would the make it a set amount that only some verizon customers can get? I really think they will be here before the 10th. It's not a new phone. Just a new carrier.

brucep1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Why does everyone act like this is some brand new product? THIS IS A RE-LAUNCH PEOPLE!!!! Again, I posted this on another thread, why wouldn't Verizon give their customers their preorders early? Any reason?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone act like this is some brand new product? THIS IS A RE-LAUNCH PEOPLE!!!! Again, I posted this on another thread, why wouldn't Verizon give their customers their preorders early? Any reason?
Because previous to this, when Verizon has done pre-orders, they were timed to deliver the same day as store launch. And absent any information to the contrary, it's likely they'll do the same now.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Verizon is guaranteeing you get an iPhone delivered to your door the same time that people are standing in line hoping to get an iPhone. That's enough for me.

If they come early... thats cool. But I wont be ticked off if I get mine on the 10th. To be so is kinda childish IMO.

I cant blame one for being excited... because its very exciting.

brucep1

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is guaranteeing you get an iPhone delivered to your door the same time that people are standing in line hoping to get an iPhone. That's enough for me.

If they come early... thats cool. But I wont be ticked off if I get mine on the 10th. To be so is kinda childish IMO.

I cant blame one for being excited... because its very exciting.

But according to everybody on here, the iphones have shipped to the FedEx warehouse. All I'm saying is why would Verizon not ship them out? If they made such a big deal about rewarding loyal customers, there is no logical reason to let the iphones sit in a warehouse.

Again, most of my logic behind this is because it is the relaunch of a product, not a brand new one.

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
man now I'm going to be obsessively checking for a shipped notification. But I made an error the first time and didn't realize it until 4am so who knows how many people were ahead of me!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
But according to everybody on here, the iphones have shipped to the FedEx warehouse. All I'm saying is why would Verizon not ship them out? If they made such a big deal about rewarding loyal customers, there is no logical reason to let the iphones sit in a warehouse.

Again, most of my logic behind this is because it is the relaunch of a product, not a brand new one.

Its a matter of semantics.... for all practical purposes the whole new radio (CDMA vs GSM) and antenna band make it a new product that shares some parts with its GSM sibling.

Design wise... yes its a relaunch, but production wise, it might as well be a new phone.

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is all opinions on what is going to happen. I would say believe what you want to believe but don't be upset with other peoples opinions. Life is to short and at worst we will all have a new toy in less then a week at best tomorrow. I myself as always is hoping for tomorrow

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered last night a little after 3:00am and I called today to change something with my order and they said it was already shipped and they couldn't change anything. I questioned it because it said the order wasn't shipping out until February 10th. The customer service rep checked with a supervisor who said yes its possible it has already shipped out. She said I should receive it within two business days so either Friday or Monday...I have not received a confirmation email. But if I'm not going to get it until February 10th, it irritates me that I couldn't make changes to the order.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I orderend mine at 255am today got an email with it saying its shipped tracking number 1Z047V0V2400012483

You don't want to be posting full tracking numbers. People do things with them. X_x

As a matter of fact, I can change the delivery on that number. I HIGHLY suggest you edit it out!

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG OMG ordered mine at 2CDT and CC just charged and 800# says shipped for 2-day delivery but no tracking # or e-mail yet.

But omg omg!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I received a Fedex tracking email from Verizon about 11:00pm. I clicked the link and it isn't in the Fedex system yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner