Orders already being shipped

mkm

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I did not have time to read all of the replys as I am at work (so forgive me if this has been said) but I wouldn't get too excited. I ordered accessories off of the Verizon website last week. It told me the same thing (item has been shipped) on the 29th or 30th but Fed Ex didn't pick up the item (actually begin the shipping process) until the 31st. So just because this says "Item ha shipped" does not mean the item has shipped. It probably just means they are done processing the order

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
mine says it has shipped too but no tracking #. I wouldn't be surprise to see it in a holding pattern around FedEx HQ in Memphis until the 9th. I am not holding my breath in regards to seeing a tracking # today.

hopefully you are wrong, but I think that was what happened with the HTC Incredible pre-orders. They were shipped early but held in memphis till a certain date to be released.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I did not have time to read all of the replys as I am at work (so forgive me if this has been said) but I wouldn't get too excited. I ordered accessories off of the Verizon website last week. It told me the same thing (item has been shipped) on the 29th or 30th but Fed Ex didn't pick up the item (actually begin the shipping process) until the 31st. So just because this says "Item ha shipped" does not mean the item has shipped. It probably just means they are done processing the order

If you'll notice, the 29th is a weekend and the 31st is a Monday...

Reactions: shipwrestler125

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened with the iPad last year. What happened is that the iPad "shipped", but all it did is go out to Fedex with a "hold for delivery" date. Technically the iPad shipped, but all it did is move from the warehouse to Fedex, who in turn held the iPad until the predetermined delivery date.

Not saying this happened in this case... but it does look like the same thing is happening. I do hope its not the case.

aeroo777

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My pending Amex charge shows Verizon and the ace order location number. Still haven't received an confirmation email (checked spam folder).

swann3030

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they are sitting at a FedEX facility in Memphis.
1. Space - shipping companies make money on getting a product and moving it as fast as possible at the lowest possible cost. They do not make money on storing materials

2. Liability, if the phones are in Fed Ex's possession they would assume liability against theft, fire, damage...etc

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
my order just changed within the past 15mins, now says this:

Ace Order No: 190
Ace Order Location: D771001
Order Status: Your order has been shipped.
Expected Ship Date:
Tracking No:
Courier:

used debit card and it was just charged. ordered thru verizon's website around 2:58am

Used a CC, the hold is there, not listed as a "recent" transaction yet, and no tracking number, but.
Ace Order No: 1173570
Ace Order Location: 1456901

Don't get excited until you see a tracking number.

True. However, on bulk shipments, don't tracking numbers not get updated until they are received by the carrier? Meaning that there are some undefined number for us waiting, and FedEx has been informed to pick them up today, and at that time, we'll all get an updated email with tracking number?

I am. I'll just be letting that breath out when I see a tracking number. :D

will it be mechanical sounding?

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My card has just been charged from VZ in NJ! I really hope we get these guys tomorrow!

Its not going to happen. I would be surprised if we get them before next week although I wish they would send them out today whats the point of overnight shipping if they arent sending them today. if they are doing that they should say overnight shipping(on the 9th) or something like that

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine still says just processed. Order # 3030 @ 3:05est

Ace Order Location: N211501

Update: Now says shipped! :D

Last edited:

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Calling them, it knows my order number (oddly, the 16 digit one, and the automated system said "ending in 00001" which it was) and said it has shipped with an estimated delivery in 2 business days. So Monday, possibly? Still no tracking number.

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This is from the FAQ's from Verizon about the iPhone preorders...find the FAQ's here...iPhone? 4. Verizon. It Begins.

number 7 reads..."If I pre-order iPhone 4, when will I receive it?

iPhone 4 orders will arrive on or before February 10, 2011."

Hope this means "berfore" Feb 10th...:D

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You know, if they DON'T actually ship soon, tracking# and all, then hey are going to have a lot of calls to deal with.

"Hey, I just ordered an iPhone with you guys and I got the e-mail to check my order status. I checked and it said "Shipped". Wonderful! Now where is my tracking number, or why haven't I received it yet, I mean it DOES say overnight shipping by 3PM."