I called Verizon plenty of times and they said that all I needed was a credit card to put it on. Now I'm hearing you need the billing password and I don't have it!!
    02-03-2011 12:44 AM
    You need a billing password to make ANY account changes in My Verizion, AND you need to be authorized to make changes to the account.
    02-03-2011 12:45 AM
    It should be the same password you use to log in to your account online

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, 3G Smartphones, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless

Anyone with a mobile phone or data account should be signed up at their carrier's website. You need someplace to manage and see your account activity. Plus sign up for paper less. Save a tree.
    02-03-2011 12:51 AM
    It should be the same password you use to log in to your account online
    No.

If you go and even check your upgrade eligibility right now on VZW.com it will ask 5 questions, in this order:

1.Username
    2.Password
    3.Mobile Phone Number
    4.Last 4 digits of SSN#
    5.Billing Password.
    02-03-2011 01:08 AM
    Ive done that dozens of times...left that part blank every time, never had a problem.

edit: Oh and I do everything (including ordering my last phone) through the website.
    02-03-2011 01:34 AM
    its not that hard if you are the main line then just make a password not the end of the world here people
    02-03-2011 02:00 AM
    Ive done that dozens of times...left that part blank every time, never had a problem.

edit: Oh and I do everything (including ordering my last phone) through the website.
    Perhaps the default password is blank for some reason?
    02-03-2011 02:00 AM
    Perhaps the default password is blank for some reason?
    Yeah, ya know, I dont know....I DO kinda remember something about a 5 digit number I had to tell a cust serv person once, i guessed the last 5 of my SS # and Im thinkn that was it. But I was able to check the upgrade without it. SO I guess well see...in 51 minutes
    02-03-2011 02:09 AM
    Billing password is something you set for when you call into customer service. It's not the same as your online password.
    02-03-2011 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD