Official Verizon iPhone order thread/tracker

ABQMD

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My 16 and 32gb iPhones will be here in Albuquerque Monday by 3PM. And I screwed up and didn't order them until the end on the day 2/9/11, so I'm very pleased to be getting them so soon. I'm busy downloading apps into my iTunes profile.

thamesj34

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Verizon iPhone 4 16GB last night at around 10:30 PM over the phone (should have ordered it earlier i know). But I was wondering if the order details on the Verizon website would say "Your order has been received and is in process." Until the phone is shipped? If someone could answer me it I would GREATLY appreciate it :)
I can't help to keep from thinking that it is taking a long time to be processed, and I won't get my iPhone.

Last edited:

xfillthy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Verizon iPhone 4 16GB last night at around 10:30 PM over the phone (should have ordered it earlier i know). But I was wondering if the order details on the Verizon website would say "Your order has been received and is in process." Until the phone is shipped? If someone could answer me it I would GREATLY appreciate it :)
I can't help to keep from thinking that it is taking a long time to be processed, and I won't get my iPhone.

yeah it should of been shipped and delivered by now, usually they ship it out seconds after receiving your order. If it hasn't processed by now you probably wont get the phone at all.

thamesj34

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
yeah it should of been shipped and delivered by now, usually they ship it out seconds after receiving your order. If it hasn't processed by now you probably wont get the phone at all.
I checked my order status this morning and it said my order had shipped, but when I went to look for tracking number there was nothing there. I called customer service and they explained that since the iPhone is in such high demand, my tracking number might not be updated at all. They did insure me that my iPhone was on the way, and may receive it as early as tomorrow. (Doubt that's going to happen, hoping for Monday)
So my phone is on the way! I was scared for a second there!

soccerzach

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am so excited for this. I was going to preorder but things weren't working out. So yesterday morning i finally got it ordered and received my tracking information this morning. Left from Tennessee at about 8:00 and is expected on monday. i wish the weekend wasnt in my way :(

glitzymama

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
:( I ordered mine via verizonwireless on Friday 2/18 and at first it said estimated shipping date was 2/18 but then it updated to saying 2/21 and it is still stuck on "order received and in process". I'm home on 2/21 and 2/22 but I can't take off of work forever just to wait around for a phone.

I looked on apple's website and their ordering process says they ship within 24 hrs. I'm wondering if I should have ordered from them to begin with. I'm so impatient, I want my phone now! so I can have fun with it and it's like torture. Usually verizon ships out like an hour after I order something, this is the first time I've ever had to wait around.

AND, it seems like no one else brings this up, but if you already have a plan with them and upgrade to a new phone, you have to sign a new 2 year plan which means they prorate your bill a month ahead of time so it's like paying twice the amount on your next bill which completely stinks. And each day they delay my phone means another day they add to my bill.

I had my iphone order timed almost perfectly with my billing cycle which meant I would have the lowest prorata possible but each day I can't activate the new phone I haven't received yet means another day added to my current billing cycle. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying and if I'm wrong please let me know. My next phone bill is going to be the same amount as a new handbag or new shoes!!!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
:( I ordered mine via verizonwireless on Friday 2/18 and at first it said estimated shipping date was 2/18 but then it updated to saying 2/21 and it is still stuck on "order received and in process". I'm home on 2/21 and 2/22 but I can't take off of work forever just to wait around for a phone.

I looked on apple's website and their ordering process says they ship within 24 hrs. I'm wondering if I should have ordered from them to begin with. I'm so impatient, I want my phone now! so I can have fun with it and it's like torture. Usually verizon ships out like an hour after I order something, this is the first time I've ever had to wait around.

AND, it seems like no one else brings this up, but if you already have a plan with them and upgrade to a new phone, you have to sign a new 2 year plan which means they prorate your bill a month ahead of time so it's like paying twice the amount on your next bill which completely stinks. And each day they delay my phone means another day they add to my bill.

I had my iphone order timed almost perfectly with my billing cycle which meant I would have the lowest prorata possible but each day I can't activate the new phone I haven't received yet means another day added to my current billing cycle. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying and if I'm wrong please let me know. My next phone bill is going to be the same amount as a new handbag or new shoes!!!

Did you already have a data plan with Verizon prior to your iPhone? The only way I see you paying more on your next bill is if you did not or if you increased your airtime or added a text package or the mobile hotspot. I can't say with 100% certainty until Thursday when my billing cycle finishes, but I don't expect a change in my monthly bill coming from a palm pre plus. If I remember correctly, when I ordered, it showed me what my bill would be (minus the 20% discounts I get on voice and data through my employer) and it was the same as it is now.

glitzymama

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've always had the $30 plan they require you to get so my bill won't change at all. No, I'm talking about when you sign a new 2 yr plan, they bill you one month in advance on your next bill for who knows why, but your next bill will be twice as high as your normal bill. But if you sign your new 2yr plan close to when your billing cycle ends each month, it won't be the full one month extra. When you order the phone, they do show the exact same charges you paid before, but what they don't show you or it's very small print, is that your next bill will include a month in advance. And each day that goes by means more that I'm going to have to pay.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I've always had the $30 plan they require you to get so my bill won't change at all. No, I'm talking about when you sign a new 2 yr plan, they bill you one month in advance on your next bill for who knows why, but your next bill will be twice as high as your normal bill. But if you sign your new 2yr plan close to when your billing cycle ends each month, it won't be the full one month extra. When you order the phone, they do show the exact same charges you paid before, but what they don't show you or it's very small print, is that your next bill will include a month in advance. And each day that goes by means more that I'm going to have to pay.

Strange. I have never had that happen when signing up for a new 2 years. It doesn't make sense if you are current on your bill to do that. Because you are only changing a device, and resetting the ETF. If you pay every month, get a new phone/new two year contract, and have to pay 2 months, then the following month you have no bill?

I understand why it works that way with a new LINE, or new service, because, for example, a new customer coming in needs to get set up in the billing system, so they walk out of the store with a phone and service, then get a bill a couple weeks later. That bill will be for 2 months.

If you are and existing customer and have been current on your bill (assuming you are since if not, you aren't eligible for upgrade pricing) and they are telling you that your next bill will be double, I would call can check that again, as it doesn't make sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73