Official Verizon iPhone order thread/tracker

homeworkwithheather

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
That is incorrect. After the first attempt you can schedule a pickup. Not sure what the CSR was smoking that told you that.

She said that was a policy with Verizon. Who knows...I am relaying what I was told...I can't believe mine is sitting at the local facility and has not been on a truck...it has been in Cleveland since Saturday morning...do they load trucks all day or just in the morning? Does anyone know?

jj720

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, I'm in Boston and the Fed Ex guy just made a delivery to my office and said the system crashed, so deliveries here are being made with deliveries list and a piece of paper. Not sure this is nationwide or just here in this area. I checked my package and it says it is still sitting waiting to go out for delivery.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
She said that was a policy with Verizon. Who knows...I am relaying what I was told...I can't believe mine is sitting at the local facility and has not been on a truck...it has been in Cleveland since Saturday morning...do they load trucks all day or just in the morning? Does anyone know?

They have more than 1 truck that makes deliveries you know LOL. In many cases, deliveries that need to be made at a certain time go out on a truck specifically for those shipments. And also remember than it could be out for delivery just not updated in the system. For instance it could have left 1/2 hour ago. When your status updates to 'out for delivery' see what time it says. I'd imagine it's much earlier than many of the times you checked it ;)

homeworkwithheather

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
They have more than 1 truck that makes deliveries you know LOL. In many cases, deliveries that need to be made at a certain time go out on a truck specifically for those shipments. And also remember than it could be out for delivery just not updated in the system. For instance it could have left 1/2 hour ago. When your status updates to 'out for delivery' see what time it says. I'd imagine it's much earlier than many of the times you checked it ;)

yeah yeah yeah...I know that. I was just curious to know if they are constantly loading and sending trucks multiple times a day or do they load their trucks up in the morning and what has been sent out is all that is getting delivered. Just wasn't sure how it works.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How long were you gone for?!?

I was gone about 20 minutes and I didn't see a single UPS truck on the road.

On the phone with UPS to see about picking it up.

And...it doesn't show an option for pickup, so I have to contact Verizon to see if I can get that.

Last edited:

Nuttz565

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my UPS tracking number and it says mine is out for delivery with a expected delivery before 1030am................Im in Denver

EDIT*****IT HAS ARRIVED 0940- MST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kevinah77

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally received a tracking number today and it looks like; Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 02/08/2011, by 3:00 P.M I had it shipped to my office and we receive UPS shippments between 10am and 11am. I'm just happy I'm getting it before Thursday. :)

FlyPhone

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Out for Delivery

Finally, status: out for delivery!!! Supposed to be delivered by 10:30am, it is currently 7:35am. I have been awake since 3:30am because I couldnt sleep because Im so exited! Can.Not.Wait!

kevin.py

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, I'm in Boston and the Fed Ex guy just made a delivery to my office and said the system crashed, so deliveries here are being made with deliveries list and a piece of paper. Not sure this is nationwide or just here in this area. I checked my package and it says it is still sitting waiting to go out for delivery.

I wouldn't be surprised. My co-worker who ordered from Verizon just got his about half an hour ago. We're in Manhattan. It said it arrived in New York but never showed "On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery". I'm so jealous, I wish I had ordered from Verizon instead of Apple, mine's still in Kentucky with delivery before 10:30AM tomorrow by UPS. Ugh. lol.

Last edited:

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it. He also said that's why people were having problems when trying to get it to ship to a different address. He said the iPhones have to shipped to the address on the account.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow. Gonna be a very long day.

sunnyday2day

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it. He also said that's why people were having problems when trying to get it to ship to a different address. He said the iPhones have to shipped to the address on the account.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow. Gonna be a very long day.

Mine was shipped from a different address and name on the account and it is in transit...out for delivery today.

Tennessee

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah yeah yeah...I know that. I was just curious to know if they are constantly loading and sending trucks multiple times a day or do they load their trucks up in the morning and what has been sent out is all that is getting delivered. Just wasn't sure how it works.

Mine just flipped over to out for delivery with a timestamp of 90 min. ago. Just hold on.

Reactions: homeworkwithheather

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it.

Who can't arrange it? Why you be speaking with Verizon about an something that the courier controls? Shouldn't you be speaking with fedex or UPS about picking up and not verizon?

gemni73

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
any west coast neighbors received theirs? I have a delivery time by 1030, been up most of the am. just put chicken in the oven and rice in the cooker. I sure hope they show before I head to work. so what about my west coast neighbors?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@scorpiodsu I contacted ups first. There wasn't an option to allow pickup because it was disabled my Verizon. They told me to contact Verizon to see if they would allow them to release it.

Verizon said no because its an iphone. They would have done it for any other phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR