Official Verizon iPhone order thread/tracker

BrooklynGuy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My Fedex has been stuck at the initiated stage all day. But, I am still showing estimated ship date of today, with delivery by the 7th at 3:00 p.m. Anybody else have this? I figure it will update shortly...maybe tonight, when planes move, but I am a little concerned. But, good signs are that I have tracking number, and it still is likely to arrive before the 10th.

Now in West Chester, PA like others here in the Northeast. It seems that we all need to be patient.....status is taking different times to change, but we are all eventually getting to the same place at the same time. Someone else had a good analogy about being stuck in traffic and thinking the other lane is moving faster. Even Order #8 is in the same place as all of us now :)

Garnoch

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading these threads for a couple of days and its been fun so I signed up to add my info.
-Ordered from Verizon and I'm in NJ
-Started order at 2:58ET
-Completed order by 3:10ET
-Ordered 32GB iPhone with no accessories
-Received confirmation email at 3:52ET (was nervous because it appeared the CC charge wasn't going through)
-Order number 5615
-Waited all the next day until almost 1am reading here and looking for a tracking number. It never came. Like everyone else, I was freaking out that something did actually go wrong because Verizon's order status page wasn't working for me. Because of the forum I called *611 and felt a little better because it said it shipped and I'd receive it in 2 days but the next prompt said there was no order associated with my number - like others heard as well. I went to bed.
-In the morning yesterday I woke up to a nice surprise with a FedEx tracking number. The email was sent to me at 5:39am and it stated that FedEx was sent the shipping info at 1:26am
-All day though the tracking page simply said "Initiated" and not actually "Picked Up". Like others, it said it had an anticipated ship date of that same day (yesterday) and an anticipated delivery date of Monday by 3pm. But it did nothing all day. I again stayed up until after midnight and it still hadn't changed. It was now the 5th. Once again I was concerned a little that everything was actually okay with my order. I mean FedEx hadn't picked it up and yet they had been notified to pick it up almost 24 hours earlier. I went to bed.
-This morning I was lucky enough to wake up to another change. At 6am, it showed two things. The first is that it "Left FedEx origin facility from COATESVILLE, PA". The second is that it was "Picked up from WEST CHESTER, PA". So the ship date had changed from the 4th to the 5th but the delivery date is still Monday by 3pm.
-So I'm good to go and excited. I was in the Apple store last night playing with the iPhone, and I've already got my iPod Touch set up the way I want my iPhone set up and have it backed up with encryption so when I restore it to the iPhone, it brings everything over including passwords. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Bradford

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Parsippany, NJ, United States 02/05/2011 6:07 A.M. Arrival Scan
Philadelphia, PA, United States 02/05/2011 3:16 A.M. Departure Scan
West Chester, PA, United States 02/04/2011 11:30 A.M. Departure Scan
West Chester, PA, United States 02/03/2011 8:20 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 02/04/2011 5:56 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Ok, its becoming more believable that monday WILL be the day....the package is now at the main NJ hub, it only needs to make it to trenton b4 it goes on a truck for delivery.

pman219

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
okay, here is the latest...sent to me from Verizon at 7:13 EST:

Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4 purchase.

It has come to our attention that your order confirmation
may have reflected an incorrect shipping date.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, so we would
like to assure you that your phone will be delivered on or
before 2/10 as promised.

If you would like to check the status of your order, please
visit us online:
> verizonwireless.com/orderstatus

So I go to check status at 8:45pm, and I get "Page is not currently available"
what's up with that? :confused:

I have the exact same scenario... frustrating

Inapprope

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got an email on Thursday night saying my order had been shipped, but I think the label for the shipping order was just created because it didn't actually ship until Friday.

I live in Iowa and my iphone is in the state and I have a scheduled delivery of Monday February 7th before 10:30 AM. I keep refreshing the page to see if it's in my town yet so I can call and see if I'm able to pick it up today, which is a long shot. Either way, I'm excited to get my first iPhone and to get rid of this annoyance of a Blackberry Tour.

eternal76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I already had the tracking number, but no expected delivery date. Ups finally updated it to say Monday. I figured Monday anyway, since a lot of other people mentioned that their tracking number said that, but it's nice to have confirmation. Now, I just have to coerce my lil brother into staying home to wait for it for me since I'll be at work.

kevin.py

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
China? Really? kinda disturbing... is that where these all are made? :eek:

Yep, China (or Taiwain, Korea, etc.) are where pretty much every consumer electronic is made. Shenzen is where it's being shipped from. But they shipped it UPS Worldwide Express, which one to three day guaranteed shipping, looks like it's 1 business. day from Shenzen to New York City, where it's being delivered.

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is in transit ups with a scheduled delivery date of Mon, Feb 7 before 10:30 a.m. It is about 30 minutes from my house...

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well...on Monday you folks on the east coast will know first. I will wake up early to find out of there have been any deliveries and it will set the mood for my day, lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2