I just posted that UPS's computer had problems this morning (at least in W.C., PA)...sounds like Verizon's big splash has crashed (at least some of?) both FedEx and UPS computers! LOL or ...not sure how to feel about that!
    Just checked my tracking number and it FINALLY updated to 'Out for Delivery'!
    02-07-2011 11:26 AM
    I checked Fed-Ex and this message came up...

IMPORTANT!
    Package deliveries are proceeding as normal; however, tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later.

STILL HOPE !!!!
    02-07-2011 11:32 AM
    lol, servers must be getting hammered with everyone refreshing every 5 mins.
    02-07-2011 11:33 AM
    I just talked with our driver and she told me that the update sysytem is down right now and having to deliver without tracking updates, Just wanted to let everyone know that even if you phone does not show out for delivery and is supposed to be delivered today it still should be. Mine still shows at fed ex and they just dropped it off.
    02-07-2011 11:35 AM
    I just talked with our driver and she told me that the update sysytem is down right now and having to deliver without tracking updates, Just wanted to let everyone know that even if you phone does not show out for delivery and is supposed to be delivered today it still should be. Mine still shows at fed ex and they just dropped it off.
    coltsbr....where are you in cleveland? I m in university heights...maybe mine is on your truck....sweet jeebus...make the waiting end!
    02-07-2011 11:47 AM
    I'm concerned about those that have yet to receive their phones. I want all those who have yet to receive their phones to take 3 deep breathes through your nose and exhale through your mouths please. If you feel light headed, put your head between your legs and breathe easy. If you feel short of breathe, place your arms above your head and breathe through your nose and out through your mouthes. Keep in mind, it's just a phone! I will check back in with you later to check on your conditions.
    kevin.py likes this.
    02-07-2011 11:51 AM
    I have my wife at home while I am work so she can get the package. She said as soon as it gets here, she will call me and bring it to campus. I hope it is not while I am giving a midterm to my students....
    02-07-2011 11:52 AM
    Checked the FedEx site this morning waiting for it to say out for delivery, but it just said "in transit" at local FedEx facility, so when I heard the truck and the beep at the door I was freaking out!! It's finally here, I feel like I've been waiting forever!!! BTW, smallest box I have ever seen a phone come in, usually the phone's box is bigger than the FedEx box was. Now I just have to load up all my apps, can't wait!!!
    02-07-2011 11:53 AM
    Fed Ex delivered at 11:ooam (Overland Park, KS) - I was only going to be home from 10-12:30, so they got it right.
    02-07-2011 12:11 PM
    anyone in Ann Arbor, MI get theirs yet? Sorry, I am just geeked for it and being impatient.
    02-07-2011 12:14 PM
    AH I've been so nervous. I've been reading these forums without registering, as I have never received a tracking number. I e-mailed verizon last night and got it this morning for a ETA for tomorrow! It sucks because I was ready to order 3 am thursday, however I was transfering an upgrade so it was giving me problems. I e-mailed them and in the morning had instructions. HEY I've waited a few years for this day, I can wait another day
    02-07-2011 12:16 PM
    Not sure where yours is sitting, but mine is at UPS in West Chester, PA
    That is where mine is!
    02-07-2011 12:17 PM
    Just checked my tracking number and it FINALLY updated to 'Out for Delivery'!
    Me too! Just checked and it says Departure Scan 11:25am (about an hour ago)...so guess UPS's system is back on line, and mine is on the road! Whoohoo!
    02-07-2011 12:21 PM
    That is where mine is!
    The friendly lady at W.C. UPS said we were the 4th person to come in today looking for their iPhone! I'm just hoping it is really on a Delivery truck...since the latest update does not say "Out for Delivery" as some are reporting, but just says "Departure Scan"...
    02-07-2011 12:39 PM
    Despite FedEx being "Down" mine just jut updated that it's on the truck for delivery. Again though, the drivers here are VERY flaky. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't see it until 5. =/
    02-07-2011 12:44 PM
    I am in office hours right now and I just got an email saying it was delivered...now if my wife can call me...ironically there is no cell signal in this part of the building...

edit: I just squeezed out enough cell signal to exchange a few texts between her. She is now heading down to give me the package. and my blackberry is in the red for battery...

My tracker still has not updated and says it is still at the local fed ex facility. Must be all of us iphone fans crashing the tracking server
    Last edited by wolverine318; 02-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    02-07-2011 12:46 PM
    ugg its almost 1p.m., still no phone supposed to be delivered by 3. HURRY PLEASE!!!!!
    02-07-2011 12:47 PM
    ugg its almost 1p.m., still no phone supposed to be delivered by 3. HURRY PLEASE!!!!!
    fedex CS said that shipments may be late due to the system being down...
    he also said all packages are out for delivery...
    02-07-2011 12:53 PM
    Just came back from lunch to find that it is on the fedex truck for delivery :-)! I will be leaving work at 4 oclock on the button and rushing home... Can not wait!!
    02-07-2011 12:56 PM
    Please refer to my post on page 76 for detailed instructions on how to best cope with this most difficult and frustrating of situations. I am available for private consultations via PM if privacy is a concern.
    Chadwackg likes this.
    02-07-2011 01:05 PM
    hmmmmm....something tells me Hangfire might already have his phone...
    02-07-2011 01:07 PM
    Please refer to my post on page 76 for detailed instructions on how to best cope with this most difficult and frustrating of situations. I am available for private consultations via PM if privacy is a concern.
    HAHA I am but i gotta work some OT tonight at 5. Its time for the State of the City speech. Easy money just was hoping to have something keep me busy. Deep breaths. lol
    02-07-2011 01:08 PM
    HAHA I am but i gotta work some OT tonight at 5. Its time for the State of the City speech. Easy money just was hoping to have something keep me busy. Deep breaths. lol
    OT = Yummy! Our dept would blow a fuse if anyone went over on their time. Luckily, I live in a college town and the college requires fraternities to have security at each party. We collect $150 each for 2 hours.
    02-07-2011 01:16 PM
    Yes OT = very Yummy and we have lots of it. I usually only have one day where I am actually off out of my three. The other two are spent working OT and Off Duty jobs
    02-07-2011 01:22 PM
    3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off is the only way to fly!
    02-07-2011 01:23 PM
871 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD