They have more than 1 truck that makes deliveries you know LOL. In many cases, deliveries that need to be made at a certain time go out on a truck specifically for those shipments. And also remember than it could be out for delivery just not updated in the system. For instance it could have left 1/2 hour ago. When your status updates to 'out for delivery' see what time it says. I'd imagine it's much earlier than many of the times you checked it
    yeah yeah yeah...I know that. I was just curious to know if they are constantly loading and sending trucks multiple times a day or do they load their trucks up in the morning and what has been sent out is all that is getting delivered. Just wasn't sure how it works.
    02-07-2011 10:06 AM
    How long were you gone for?!?
    I was gone about 20 minutes and I didn't see a single UPS truck on the road.

On the phone with UPS to see about picking it up.

And...it doesn't show an option for pickup, so I have to contact Verizon to see if I can get that.
    Last edited by luvesuga; 02-07-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    02-07-2011 10:23 AM
    Everything ran smoothly got my phone and alls working well, welcome Iphone 4
    02-07-2011 10:29 AM
    Just checked my UPS tracking number and it says mine is out for delivery with a expected delivery before 1030am................Im in Denver

EDIT*****IT HAS ARRIVED 0940- MST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by nuttz565; 02-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    02-07-2011 10:30 AM
    Finally received a tracking number today and it looks like; Scheduled Delivery:
    Tuesday, 02/08/2011, by 3:00 P.M I had it shipped to my office and we receive UPS shippments between 10am and 11am. I'm just happy I'm getting it before Thursday.
    02-07-2011 10:36 AM
    Finally, status: out for delivery!!! Supposed to be delivered by 10:30am, it is currently 7:35am. I have been awake since 3:30am because I couldnt sleep because Im so exited! Can.Not.Wait!
    02-07-2011 10:36 AM
    Just an FYI, I'm in Boston and the Fed Ex guy just made a delivery to my office and said the system crashed, so deliveries here are being made with deliveries list and a piece of paper. Not sure this is nationwide or just here in this area. I checked my package and it says it is still sitting waiting to go out for delivery.
    I wouldn't be surprised. My co-worker who ordered from Verizon just got his about half an hour ago. We're in Manhattan. It said it arrived in New York but never showed "On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery". I'm so jealous, I wish I had ordered from Verizon instead of Apple, mine's still in Kentucky with delivery before 10:30AM tomorrow by UPS. Ugh. lol.
    Last edited by kevinpy; 02-07-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Misspelling
    02-07-2011 10:37 AM
    activated and transfering contacts as we speak
    02-07-2011 10:38 AM
    She said that was a policy with Verizon. Who knows...I am relaying what I was told...I can't believe mine is sitting at the local facility and has not been on a truck...it has been in Cleveland since Saturday morning...do they load trucks all day or just in the morning? Does anyone know?
    Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it. He also said that's why people were having problems when trying to get it to ship to a different address. He said the iPhones have to shipped to the address on the account.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow. Gonna be a very long day.
    02-07-2011 10:40 AM
    Mine's sitting in louisville, ky. Gah! Lol
    02-07-2011 10:43 AM
    Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it. He also said that's why people were having problems when trying to get it to ship to a different address. He said the iPhones have to shipped to the address on the account.

I'll be waiting until tomorrow. Gonna be a very long day.

Mine was shipped from a different address and name on the account and it is in transit...out for delivery today.
    02-07-2011 10:43 AM
    yeah yeah yeah...I know that. I was just curious to know if they are constantly loading and sending trucks multiple times a day or do they load their trucks up in the morning and what has been sent out is all that is getting delivered. Just wasn't sure how it works.
    Mine just flipped over to out for delivery with a timestamp of 90 min. ago. Just hold on.
    02-07-2011 10:46 AM
    Looks like she was right, just talked to Verizon and they can't arrange for me to pickup because the system won't allow it.
    Who can't arrange it? Why you be speaking with Verizon about an something that the courier controls? Shouldn't you be speaking with fedex or UPS about picking up and not verizon?
    02-07-2011 10:48 AM
    any west coast neighbors received theirs? I have a delivery time by 1030, been up most of the am. just put chicken in the oven and rice in the cooker. I sure hope they show before I head to work. so what about my west coast neighbors?
    02-07-2011 11:00 AM
    @scorpiodsu I contacted ups first. There wasn't an option to allow pickup because it was disabled my Verizon. They told me to contact Verizon to see if they would allow them to release it.

Verizon said no because its an iphone. They would have done it for any other phone.
    02-07-2011 11:00 AM
    Who can't arrange it? Why you be speaking with Verizon about an something that the courier controls? Shouldn't you be speaking with fedex or UPS about picking up and not verizon?
    It was FEDEX customer service I spoke with...not Verizon...
    02-07-2011 11:01 AM
    everyone has a tracking number and everyone phones is other for delivery except for me still have no tracking number!
    have you called? sometimes the automated system has different info...good luck to you!
    02-07-2011 11:03 AM
    My tracking info for UPS still shows it here in state where it was on Saturday, hopefully the tracking info just hasn't been updated and its on its way, it shows by end of day delivery for today...I know UPS sometimes doesn't always update the tracking information the fastest.
    Not sure where yours is sitting, but mine is at UPS in West Chester, PA with just "Origin Scan at 6:11a.m." status. CS told me I couldn't change to Will Call until ONE Delivery attempt (not three as someone posted earlier)...unless I called the Shipper and asked them to get involved.

Spouse just tried to pick it up on way by from office...friendly W.C. facility person said their computer has been down part of today, so it MAY be on a truck, even tho' status hasn't been updated. There's HOPE! Someone is here all day today...not so tomorrow.
    02-07-2011 11:06 AM
    Just an FYI, I'm in Boston and the Fed Ex guy just made a delivery to my office and said the system crashed, so deliveries here are being made with deliveries list and a piece of paper. Not sure this is nationwide or just here in this area. I checked my package and it says it is still sitting waiting to go out for delivery.
    I just posted that UPS's computer had problems this morning (at least in W.C., PA)...sounds like Verizon's big splash has crashed (at least some of?) both FedEx and UPS computers! LOL or ...not sure how to feel about that!
    02-07-2011 11:11 AM
    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! went to the ups hub to try and see if they would give it to me and they did. Happiest person alive!
    02-07-2011 11:12 AM
    Im in Portland, OR and mine says out or delivery, at 10:30 AM. My office doesn't open until 9:00 so hopefully that doesn't screw me!
    02-07-2011 11:13 AM
    As stated in a prior post, Fedex's package scanning and tracking system is down so when my phone arrived at my door at 10:30 am eastern I was shocked. I was more shocked when I activated my phone via iTunes and I realized that I had received someone else's phone and I had accepted her contract for her. After 30 plus minutes on the phone with Verizon I had accepted my contract, switched the MEID for the phone I had received to my account and activated the phone again. All is well, I can make and receive calls and I'm busy syncing my apps and music.
    02-07-2011 11:17 AM
    well I just looked at the ups tracking and the green arrow is almost at the end!!!!!!! says "on the truck for delivery" it's so close now. please please let it come before I leave for work.

just called the hospital and told them I am expecting a package and may be a few minutes late and they said okay, that's fine. I can relax now.
    Last edited by gemnilocs; 02-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    02-07-2011 11:19 AM
    As stated in a prior post, Fedex's package scanning and tracking system is down so when my phone arrived at my door at 10:30 am eastern I was shocked. I was more shocked when I activated my phone via iTunes and I realized that I had received someone else's phone and I had accepted her contract for her. After 30 plus minutes on the phone with Verizon I had accepted my contract, switched the MEID for the phone I had received to my account and activated the phone again. All is well, I can make and receive calls and I'm busy syncing my apps and music.
    Great So now her phone is where? I need to turn off this thread and go do something to get my mind off this! Keeping my ears open for the sound of tires in my driveway and a doorbell...
    02-07-2011 11:22 AM
    oh my this was one of my fears that I end upnwith someone elses phone especially if theirs was a 32 and mine is 16. glad it worked out and I hope the other person receives a phone
    02-07-2011 11:26 AM
871 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD