02-02-2011 09:18 PM
    I like this part:

Now I really know what "network congestion" means. Switching from an AT&T iPhone to a Verizon iPhone is like finally being able to breathe clearly after years of battling allergies. People can hear you better, and you can hear them better. It's that simple. That's the key reason so many people have clung to Verizon while resisting the shiny allure of the iPhone.

As we all suspected would be the case, the iPhone is a better phone on Verizon than it is on AT&T.
    02-02-2011 09:21 PM
    Nice to know I mean i figured it would be better on verizon's network but maybe if people jump ship from at&t it will clear up the network a little for those who stick with at&t so maybe then they can make calls without dropping them all the time lol
    02-02-2011 10:34 PM
    I like this part:

Now I really know what "network congestion" means. Switching from an AT&T iPhone to a Verizon iPhone is like finally being able to breathe clearly after years of battling allergies. People can hear you better, and you can hear them better. It's that simple. That's the key reason so many people have clung to Verizon while resisting the shiny allure of the iPhone.

As we all suspected would be the case, the iPhone is a better phone on Verizon than it is on AT&T.
    Compare apples and oranges. So you put an iPhone on the Verizon network which may have been the only iPhone on the system, and you're comparing it to a system that has millions of iPhones on it. Very fair and very relevant comparison. Try again when there are a few million iPhones on Verizon.
    02-02-2011 11:12 PM
    Compare apples and oranges. So you put an iPhone on the Verizon network which may have been the only iPhone on the system, and you're comparing it to a system that has millions of iPhones on it. Very fair and very relevant comparison. Try again when there are a few million iPhones on Verizon.
    Ah yes, because Verizon has no devices on it's network using data right now. That iPhone had 100% clear channels. Not.

Let's look further into that article where it is talking about the death grip:

This Verizon version of the iPhone 4 seems to have none of the same antenna issues. Try as I might, using the "death grip" and every other grip I can actually do, I can no longer reproduce the same attenuation problem that the previous iPhone 4 model had. I death grip the thing, and no bars drop. More importantly, calls don't drop and data doesn't stop. Again, Apple won't comment, but problem, apparently, solved.

That was caused by the network too I suppose?

Let's not even talk data, let's talk calls:

In my tests, the new Verizon version of the iPhone did much better at voice calling than the AT&T version,

OR

Let's be clear here, however. Calls were consistently connected and uninterrupted, far more often than our AT&T calls in the same time period in similar locations.

Yeah, I'd say I'm satisfied.
    02-02-2011 11:23 PM
    You do realize right that android phones use more data than the iphone? Verizon has millions of android phones and other smart phones on their network and have for years yet dont have the issues at&t had. maybe do a little research first before you state things
    02-02-2011 11:52 PM
    Looks like AT&T killed it in speed tests..

02-03-2011 12:05 AM
    What the review said was true. More speed on AT&T, more consistency on Verizon.
    02-03-2011 12:34 AM
    In the end its still an iPhone 4. nothing more. Nothing less.

Also remember this. AT&T never had any real issue untill the iPhone came. Once the iPhone came and everyone got sucked in, thats when the problems started.

Its 2011. A good chunk of the mobile phones sold and even made are infact smart phones with data plans attached to them. It does not matter if its Android, iOS, Palm or BB. More and more people are buying smartphones nowadays and they are using up data. That alone will put a strain on ANY network, not to menton Apps that use data 100% of the time and for some (mostly iPhone users now) that will never close the app and will always keep it running, theres bound to be a lot of data used.
    02-03-2011 12:48 AM
    In the end its still an iPhone 4. nothing more. Nothing less.

Also remember this. AT&T never had any real issue untill the iPhone came. Once the iPhone came and everyone got sucked in, thats when the problems started.

Its 2011. A good chunk of the mobile phones sold and even made are infact smart phones with data plans attached to them. It does not matter if its Android, iOS, Palm or BB. More and more people are buying smartphones nowadays and they are using up data. That alone will put a strain on ANY network, not to menton Apps that use data 100% of the time and for some (mostly iPhone users now) that will never close the app and will always keep it running, theres bound to be a lot of data used.
    Android users gobble more data than iPhone users - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com
    showing android uses more data than iphone. You have to remember most people whom are on verizon have an android phone so if they switch it isnt going to have the same amount of strain. at&t went from having virtually no data use before the iphone to having a ton of data use all at once. Verizon has had this over time so its given them more time to work on building their network
    02-03-2011 01:27 AM
    Looks like AT&T killed it in speed tests..

No thanks I wilk stay!!! the pic says it all. I have no network issue here in Phoenix plus faster data and some of you think verizon iPhone is better? And oh I'm in a call while posting this .
    02-03-2011 01:52 AM
    What the review said was true. More speed on AT&T, more consistency on Verizon.
    Exactly....it is a PHONE first & foremost. That's the part that needs to work the best. The rather small difference in data speed I could really care less about.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-03-2011 01:53 AM
    No thanks I wilk stay!!! the pic says it all. I have no network issue here in Phoenix plus faster data and some of you think verizon iPhone is better? And oh I'm in a call while posting this .
    Then why are you in the Verizon Iphone forum? Troll much? smh I love how all people on at&t use is well i can use data and call at the same time. Big deal if you can do that but drop calls like its nothing then good for you being able to do 2 things at once with your phone when half the time it doesnt work because you drop calls anyway. If i had good service with at&t I wouldnt jump ship I have been with verizon since day 1 so no voice+data at the same time is not a big deal to me. When im on a call I dont need to be on the internet
    02-03-2011 01:58 AM
    no thanks i wilk stay!!! The pic says it all. I have no network issue here in phoenix plus faster data and some of you think verizon iphone is better? And oh i'm in a call while posting this .
    Great post brah. Let me tell you something just as interesting: I had toast for breakfast!
    iSRS likes this.
    02-03-2011 02:02 AM
    You do know network speeds very by region. Meaning you will not experience this same speed where you live (unless of course you live where this shot was taken)

and you are on a call? Aren't you special. Hopefully who ever you are talking to is not mad that you are being rude by ignoring him/her by posting on a tech blog.
    02-03-2011 02:40 AM
    lol we shall see can and you guarantee verizon won't have network issues?
    02-03-2011 02:41 AM
    No. Verizon sometimes has network issues.

Problem lies in the fact that AT&T is known for network issues.
    02-03-2011 02:43 AM
    I have no dobut that they will, just like any other network. Spruint has issues a few weeks back and a lot of complaints came on their facebook page. We live in the world of smartphones now that eat up a lot of data. The iPhone will use a lot more data now since they have the always on programs that mr jobs doesn't want you to close, even though you are the damn owner of the product and should be able to close them if you so please too.

Even BEFORE the iPhone? Like I said, anynetwork will have issues.
    02-03-2011 02:50 AM

Enjoy your iphone. I'm just teasing you guys, I had to stir up something. Verizon iPhone happening is good for all of us. Competition will only benefit customers. Not all regions are the same. You pick what fit your needs. At the end of the day if your AT&T coverage sucks why would you stay? if coverage is awesome then you get the added bonus a gsm iPhone gives you. The same can be said for Verizon the network reliability. For all new iPhone owners I have one word for you JAILBREAK!
    02-03-2011 02:51 AM
    I still have fellings for the iPhone. Just wish I could get one for a decent price and just use it as an iPod. The touch is too thin
    02-03-2011 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD