Verizon is letting business customers pre-order iphones early. I walked out of our local corporate store today around noon with iphones pre-ordered! Beats staying up to order online!

I don't know if this is common or if I just got lucky. Just thought I would share.
    02-02-2011 05:50 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen
    02-02-2011 05:51 PM
    it didn't happen
    There, I fixed it.
    02-02-2011 05:54 PM
    Pics of what? You think I'm going to stand around and take pictures in a crowded store just to prove they let a business customer pre-order 10 hours early? I don't think so. Think what you want.
    02-02-2011 05:57 PM
    Pics of what? You think I'm going to stand around and take pictures in a crowded store just to prove they let a business customer pre-order 10 hours early? I don't think so. Think what you want.
    I think maybe he was hoping for like a receipt or something, i've never pre-ordered from vzw so i don't know if they give you a receipt or anything.
    02-02-2011 06:01 PM
    No, I don't have anything to prove it. I walked in and met with my business contact for about 10 minutes to change some things on our plan. He said they were pre-ordered and I'd get them on the 9th or 10th. I walked out with nothing.
    02-02-2011 06:06 PM
    No, I don't have anything to prove it. I walked in and met with my business contact for about 10 minutes to change some things on our plan. He said they were pre-ordered and I'd get them on the 9th or 10th. I walked out with nothing.
    I agree. Pics or it didn't happen.
    02-02-2011 06:10 PM
    Who cares if they let him or not? I mean even if they did what does that do for all of you you still have to wait until preorder time to order yours. smh
    02-02-2011 06:20 PM
    The side of VZW that services corporate accounts is its own little world, and has its own rules.

I'm going to call this plausible.
    Kyle Dziekan likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:09 PM
    The side of VZW that services corporate accounts is its own little world, and has its own rules.

I agree. I think people are way too quick to assume someone is lying.
    Kyle Dziekan likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:15 PM

I agree. Completely plausible. The only part of the story that sounds a little strange, is not receiving a receipt for the pre-order. All VZW corporate stores give receipts for pre-orders. Of course, that doesn't mean the OP is lying, I'm just saying it's strange.
    Kyle Dziekan likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:23 PM
    Never got a receipt nor did I ask for one ALSO I did not pay anything...
    02-02-2011 07:30 PM
    Is it possible that business customers were allowed to "pre" pre-order, but the actual entries will be "committed" at 3 am eastern?
    02-02-2011 07:33 PM
    If You Didnt Pay Than You Didnt Pre Order
    02-02-2011 07:33 PM
    false. bill to account.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:34 PM
    false. bill to account.
    He Said Nothing About Billed To Account
    Quote On Quote

"I Did Not Pay"
    02-02-2011 07:36 PM
    Never got a receipt nor did I ask for one ALSO I did not pay anything...
    Ah, if you didn't pay anything at the time of pre-order, I'm guessing you have a national account with your own rep? It's making more sense now..

I've seen many national account rep's order phones for their business accounts without actually charging them anything until they activate once they receive them. Done this way, they do not get a receipt for the pre-order, since they didn't actually pay anything down on it.

Congrats my friend, on being the first pre-orders on the forum here..
    02-02-2011 07:37 PM
    Normal rules don't apply to national accounts. (I'm assuming that is the type of account he is on, I could be wrong...)
    02-02-2011 07:39 PM
    Let me rephrase that... I did not physically pay with cash or credit.
    02-02-2011 07:40 PM
    Normal rules don't apply to national accounts. (I'm assuming that is the type of account he is on, I could be wrong...)
    He Might Be Even Though I Never Heard Of A National Account And Had Verizon Many Years
    02-02-2011 07:40 PM
    Let me rephrase that... I did not physically pay with cash or credit.
    Are You On A National Account?
    02-02-2011 07:41 PM
    He Might Be Even Though I Never Heard Of A National Account And Had Verizon Many Years
    A "National account" requires many lines of service. I don't remember off the top of my head how many, since I don't deal with them, but I know it's 100+..

Most stores (best-buy, indirect, walmart ect.) are locked out of national accounts. They cannot even pull them up to check upgrade dates. They are normally assigned a specific rep that deals with all of their account maintenance..

If he's not on a national account.. The only thing I can think of is...

He possible put his name on a waiting list at an indirect location? They may not have wanted him to take his business online, because they wanted money.. I have heard of quite a few indirect locations doing this, but sadly, they are going to have many irate customers come the 10th when they still don't have their device...
    02-02-2011 07:46 PM
    A "National account" requires many lines of service. I don't remember off the top of my head how many, since I don't deal with them, but I know it's 100+..

Most stores (best-buy, indirect, walmart ect.) are locked out of national accounts. They cannot even pull them up to check upgrade dates. They are normally assigned a specific rep that deals with all of their account maintenance..

If he's not on a national account.. The only thing I can think of is...

He possible put his name on a waiting list at an indirect location? They may not have wanted him to take his business online, because they wanted money.. I have heard of quite a few indirect locations doing this, but sadly, they are going to have many irate customers come the 10th when they still don't have their device...

Yeah I Understand What You Are Saying Now
    02-02-2011 07:48 PM
    Is it possible that business customers were allowed to "pre" pre-order, but the actual entries will be "committed" at 3 am eastern?
    I guess if it's a big deal that they don't allow this for anyone then maybe he said he pre-ordered them but not "officially pre-ordered" like you suggested.
    02-02-2011 07:48 PM
    No, we are not on a national account and we have around 20 lines of service.
    02-02-2011 07:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD