Hopefully somebody can help me with this problem. When i got my iPhone4 in December, and plugged it into my Mac, the phone said "sync in progress", and iTunes popped up on the Mac. Starting about two weeks ago, when i plugged my phone into the Mac, the phone said "sync in progress", and iPhoto popped up on the Mac. I don't remember changing any settings, so whats up with that? Can i get iTunes to show up again during sync time? If so, what do i have to do? Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.
    02-02-2011 03:16 PM
    Turn off the sync in iPhoto....in iTunes click on sync at startup in the iphone's menu screen.

If you launch Image Capture and open up the preferences, you'll find a place to specify whether to launch Image Capture, iPhoto, or DO NOTHING when a camera is attached. Selecting the latter should solve your iPhone+iPhoto woes.

Apparently, while iTunes recognizes the many-splendid-thing that is your iPhone, to iPhoto, it's 'just another pretty camera'.

You may well have known of this and been unwilling to manually launch iPhoto for other cameras, but this worked for me. Lemme know if you find it acceptable or find anything better...
    02-02-2011 03:32 PM
    Turn off the sync in iPhoto....in iTunes click on sync at startup in the iphone's menu screen.

If you launch Image Capture and open up the preferences, you'll find a place to specify whether to launch Image Capture, iPhoto, or DO NOTHING when a camera is attached. Selecting the latter should solve your iPhone+iPhoto woes.

Apparently, while iTunes recognizes the many-splendid-thing that is your iPhone, to iPhoto, it's 'just another pretty camera'.

You may well have known of this and been unwilling to manually launch iPhoto for other cameras, but this worked for me. Lemme know if you find it acceptable or find anything better...
    Didn't work. I have iTunes set to open when phone is connected, but it doesn't open. Don't know what you mean by "launch" Image Capture, but i set it on Image Capture and opened up the preferences, then set it on do nothing, and it did not open when phone was plugged in, but iTunes still will not open when phone is plugged in.
    02-02-2011 04:04 PM
    Hopefully somebody can help me with this problem. When i got my iPhone4 in December, and plugged it into my Mac, the phone said "sync in progress", and iTunes popped up on the Mac. Starting about two weeks ago, when i plugged my phone into the Mac, the phone said "sync in progress", and iPhoto popped up on the Mac. I don't remember changing any settings, so whats up with that? Can i get iTunes to show up again during sync time? If so, what do i have to do? Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.
    My guess is that iTunes is opening when you plug in your iPhone, if it was not then it would not say synch in progress. Next time you plug in your iPhone look on your tool bar and see if there is a little glow under the iTunes icon. If there is then all you have to do is click on the icon and iTunes will pop up.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    02-02-2011 05:41 PM
    Didn't work. I have iTunes set to open when phone is connected, but it doesn't open. Don't know what you mean by "launch" Image Capture, but i set it on Image Capture and opened up the preferences, then set it on do nothing, and it did not open when phone was plugged in, but iTunes still will not open when phone is plugged in.
    MAN, you gotta kill the iPhoto sync.

You could also open iPhoto preferences and move it from Connecting Camera Opens iPhoto to No Application.

try googling too..
    grunt0300 likes this.
    02-02-2011 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD