What's your greatest fear for preordering the iPhone?

What will be a complete disaster for you?

• I sleep too long!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both sites are shutdown because of traffic

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Sold out within a couple hours

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • An error on my account prevents me from upgrading

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iEther21

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking if the "My Verizon" site would have an error preventing me from placing the pre-order...so i just logged into my account and it said there was a pending hold on it, i immediately called Verizon and it was a mistake so they took the hold off and now i should be good...i'm glad i checked cus its crazy stuff like this that has me worried about 3am :confused:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup, ever since VZW reset my upgrade eligibility, I've check a couple times yesterday and once today. Pretty sure I'll check again this evening.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm worried about too. I'm really not looking to have to wait in line at an Apple store on release day or take the chance that they sell out.

I'm extra worried because I don't have that option. I'm not physically able to go wait in line for it right now so if I can't order it tonight, I don't know what I'm going to do.

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see any prices for 1 year contract. It may be possible that they aren't available for that right now. But here's my question, what's wrong with buying it on a 2 year contract? Obviously, the 1 year contract is shorter but what's the difference if you paid more for the device now on a 1 year contract or paid a bigger ETF IF you decided to leave VZW. Either way, you'd pay more either now or later. If you are apprehensive about a 2 year contract just take that extra money you would have used to pay more for the device and set it aside as you "ETF" fund. Either way, I don't see the difference.

Not exactly sure what the EFT is, but I've always gladly spent the extra $70 on the 1 year contract option so I would never have to be "locked-in"

Lets call a spade a spade here. The phone is already halfway past its yearly life cycle, and I always equate tech years to dog years.

Plus I'm Italian and dont like to commit. :D

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure what the EFT is, but I've always gladly spent the extra $70 on the 1 year contract option so I would never have to be "locked-in"

Lets call a spade a spade here. The phone is already halfway past its yearly life cycle, and I always equate tech years to dog years.

You could always buy at full retail and REALLY not commit to anything...

And, an Italian with that username!? What!? :D

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

To me, a year is quite a long time to commit to a single phone.

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Fear??? I have no fear. If I can't pre-order it, I will wait.

Its not like I'm still using my storm 1 any more.....

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

ETF = Early termination fee. I would think more than likely this phone would just be $70 bucks more for 1 year contact. Probably in the range of $100 - $150 more. Just my guess. And you can say that it's nearly past it's yearly cycle but people are still buying iPhone 4s on AT&T right now. What does that say if people know there will be another and still sign a 2 year contract for a device that's been out for months already. People still use iPhone 3G right now. The life cycle of the iPhone is not like other devices. Trust me. Yeah a new model is released each year but the prior year model is still very in demand. But again, do what you prefer. I still don't see the rationale though. But that's just me. Good luck though.

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My biggest fear is not being allowed to pre-order due to a glitch on VZW's part. For example, I received an email today telling me tonight was the night to preorder (good thing too, because I totally forgot. Not!). It also told me I had three lines eligible for upgrade including one with an additional discount (if I could only convince my wife to let me use it!). However, it didn't show the two lines I had the upgrade eligibility moved up! Glitch? I checked MyVerizon and those two lines show upgrade available.

Who's right? The email or the web site? Grrrr

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
all the glitches? every first model of any phone has about 2 no? i'm hesitant to get the Verizon iPhone 4 but have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Love Verizon, love the iPhone...but there is always hesitation in buying the FIRST of anything.

Its not actually the first though I mean it is the same as the at&t version minus the new antenna

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont think they are offering 1 year contract options with the iphone I may be wrong but i dont think at&t allows a 1 year contract. Im just paying full retail thats why I sold my droid x and droid 2 to cover the cost

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods