What's your greatest fear for preordering the iPhone?

What will be a complete disaster for you?

• I sleep too long!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both sites are shutdown because of traffic

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Sold out within a couple hours

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • An error on my account prevents me from upgrading

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woody24

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
all the glitches? every first model of any phone has about 2 no? i'm hesitant to get the Verizon iPhone 4 but have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Love Verizon, love the iPhone...but there is always hesitation in buying the FIRST of anything.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
all the glitches? every first model of any phone has about 2 no? i'm hesitant to get the Verizon iPhone 4 but have been waiting for this moment for quite some time. Love Verizon, love the iPhone...but there is always hesitation in buying the FIRST of anything.

I agree in part but this is about the actual preordering part and not the device itself. And even though it's the first iPhone for VZW it's not the first iPhone 4. I think that makes it a lot different.

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still anxious about ship dates. I really hope that there is an official statement about that between now and 3am but i have a feeling there won't be.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My greatest fear is that they won't allow you to purchase at full retail. And since I decided against adding a line, I'd be screwed.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to expect delivery the 10th, and if it arrives sooner, be tickled my choice of color at the particular day & time :D

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I guarentee, that #1 won't happen. There won't be any sleeping involved.

#2, good possibility, worried about it.

#3, VERY good possibility, this is my number one worry. Though I fear minutes, not hours.

#4, colud happen. MyVerizon is very flaky sometimes.

#5(other), fear of the unknown should be avoided silly. :D

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to expect delivery the 10th, and if it arrives sooner, be tickled my choice of color at the particular day & time :D

Don't be surprised if anyone gets there a day or 2 before. Usually Apple tells the carrier to not deliver until the specified day. For instance, if your devices gets to your local fedex office on the 8th, Apple would have told them not to deliver and it will sit there until the 10th. But since most things are subject to human error, some local carrier offices delivered earlier than they should have. I wouldn't be shocked if we read a couple stories about people getting their first. The question will be, can they activate it? VZW may not turn on the switch and start accepting activations until the 10th so those people who got theirs early could just have an iPod touch until VZW is ready to activate them.

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
#5(other), fear of the unknown should be avoided silly. :D

Its not the date itself that bothers me. what troubles me is that i'm going to be out of town this weekend and i'm not sure where to have it shipped. i explained the whole story in another thread so i won't bore you with the details.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Not really in the same sense at Verizon. The activation process isnt tied to the device at all. I work for AT&T, I know what I'm talking about

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Its not the date itself that bothers me. what troubles me is that i'm going to be out of town this weekend and i'm not sure where to have it shipped. i explained the whole story in another thread so i won't bore you with the details.

Was this the thread where you were suggested to either flip a coin or have it shipped to your good friend Darth-gamer's house? :D

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Was this the thread where you were suggested to either flip a coin or have it shipped to your good friend Darth-gamer's house? :D

haha indeed it was!

but seriously... wtf am i supposed to do... if i get it sent here and i'm stuck there until the sixth and i come on to this forum and hear that all of you got your phones i'll just die!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not really in the same sense at Verizon. The activation process isnt tied to the device at all. I work for AT&T, I know what I'm talking about

Yeah you're right but I believe it was when the 3GS was released and some got theirs early, but couldn't activate it because AT&T wouldn't let them go through and they were making final provisions in their systems. And iTunes wouldn't let activation go through either. But you are right about SIM card being easier but Apple and AT&T and VZW can prevent a person from activating an iPhone early if that's what they want to do.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
haha indeed it was!

but seriously... wtf am i supposed to do... if i get it sent here and i'm stuck there until the sixth and i come on to this forum and hear that all of you got your phones i'll just die!

Uhh, the 6th? That is a Sunday. I don't see us getting the phone before then anyway and obviously you won't get it on the 6th, so I would say have it shipped to wherever you will be AFTER the 6th.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My greatest fear is that they won't allow you to purchase at full retail. And since I decided against adding a line, I'd be screwed.

That's what I'm worried about too. I'm really not looking to have to wait in line at an Apple store on release day or take the chance that they sell out.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see any prices for 1 year contract. It may be possible that they aren't available for that right now. But here's my question, what's wrong with buying it on a 2 year contract? Obviously, the 1 year contract is shorter but what's the difference if you paid more for the device now on a 1 year contract or paid a bigger ETF IF you decided to leave VZW. Either way, you'd pay more either now or later. If you are apprehensive about a 2 year contract just take that extra money you would have used to pay more for the device and set it aside as you "ETF" fund. Either way, I don't see the difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner