Verizon Officially Announces All (?) Pricing

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice any mention of Visual Voicemail in this AP article. Everything else is what was expected, which really makes me wonder why they kept so much of the pricing "to be determined" at all.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Also unusual is the fact that customers who preorder their iPhones early may receive them before they go on sale to the general public on Feb. 10. Verizon said early orders will be shipped to arrive on if not before that day.

More of this stuff? X_x

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is a nice bonus. Hoping so. I can see them doing a mass drop to FedEx on Monday, two day shipping, pre-orders get them on Wednesday. Also think they will offer overnight starting the 9th.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most likely there will be no extra charge for visual voicemail. It is not the same as the visual voicemail that VZW provides on other phones.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess we'll find out in about a week!

Yeah from my understanding the voicemail is all on your phone so VZW doesn't incur any costs which is most likely why it will be free. Same thing on AT&T. Visual VM with other phones cost an additional amount because not only does AT&T have to provision your account they also have to house it like regular Voicemail. The carriers don't incur the same charges with iPhone voicemail.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah from my understanding the voicemail is all on your phone so VZW doesn't incur any costs which is most likely why it will be free. Same thing on AT&T. Visual VM with other phones cost an additional amount because not only does AT&T have to provision your account they also have to house it like regular Voicemail. The carriers don't incur the same charges with iPhone voicemail.

Ah.. I didn't know that. Being it was an iPhone only (meaning not iPod touch) feature, I never really looked into it. Does it also transcribe like Google Voice or Youmail?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ah.. I didn't know that. Being it was an iPhone only (meaning not iPod touch) feature, I never really looked into it. Does it also transcribe like Google Voice or Youmail?

No it does not translate. I'll be going with Google Voice anyway. That's where I've been getting my mail for the last year and want all my mail to go there. And I love the translation.

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No it does not translate. I'll be going with Google Voice anyway. That's where I've been getting my mail for the last year and want all my mail to go there. And I love the translation.

The man said tranSCRIBE, not transLATE. i.e. does it convert the voicemail into texts? From what I've seen no.

As for Verizon charging you, I'm all but assured they won't. I just watched a video on how to use it and if you watch it you will see that it would be kind of hard to charge for that feature. It is just a tab in the phone menu. You press it and it displays your voicemail. I HIGHLY doubt that you'd press that tab and the next thing you'd see is "PLEASE PAY US TO USE THIS PART OF YOUR PHONE!"

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The man said tranSCRIBE, not transLATE. i.e. does it convert the voicemail into texts? From what I've seen no.

As for Verizon charging you, I'm all but assured they won't. I just watched a video on how to use it and if you watch it you will see that it would be kind of hard to charge for that feature. It is just a tab in the phone menu. You press it and it displays your voicemail. I HIGHLY doubt that you'd press that tab and the next thing you'd see is "PLEASE PAY US TO USE THIS PART OF YOUR PHONE!"

Yes you're right. I typed the incorrect thing. Sue me :p

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh it's much worse than that. If flat out humiliated you in the eyes of us high-class Internet folks. How will you ever continue? xD

Yeah you're right. I don't know how I shall ever continue on posting on TiPb. I am truly humiliated and may have to banish myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2