Hey guys...for those of you switching from blackberry to iPhone, I have a question.

If I had a normal phone I could use the VZ backup assistant to get all of my stuff on the iphone, but blackberry phones don't work with the backup assistant. Is the only way to transfer all my contacts and stuff going into the store and paying for them to do it? (manually is not even an option...I would cry.)
    02-02-2011 10:45 AM
    How to get Backup Assistant on BlackBerry devices --- or ---

You can use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software that came with your phone on a CD... or downloaded from the internet - and sync your phone to an email application on your computer, then iTunes will sync to that same email program.
    02-02-2011 10:53 AM
    Blackberry desktop manager will transfer from the blackberry to the iphone? I didn't know that. I'm going to have to explore the options in it.
    02-02-2011 10:59 AM
    Blackberry desktop manager will transfer from the blackberry to the iphone?
    No.

It syncs your Blackberry to your computer, which you in turn sync to your iPhone with iTunes.
    Last edited by kch50428; 02-02-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: revised
    02-02-2011 11:04 AM
    All you contact and calender info for your blackberry should be synced to your email client i.e. outlook, outlook express, ical etc.. You iphone can sync with these same clients. Do you if you have all your stuff on your computer you are fine.
    02-02-2011 11:10 AM
    All you contact and calender info for your blackberry should be synced to your email client i.e. outlook, outlook express, ical etc.. You iphone can sync with these same clients. Do you if you have all your stuff on your computer you are fine.
    I don't. The only place have all the numbers I need is in my blackberry contacts right on the phone.
    02-02-2011 11:14 AM
    Backup assistant does work on blackberries. Im not sure what device exactly you are using, but most blackberries that I have owned (on Verizon's network of course) all you had to do was go to the app store on the device and download the backup assistant to your phone, set it up and then back up your contacts. But, if thats too difficult or I am COMPLETELY wrong, then I would suggest going the route that kch50428 mentioned. Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

and just sync the information with iTunes. If you get lost, PM me or google it. There are plenty of sources out there that explain how to do it. Hope this helps buddy.
    02-02-2011 11:20 AM
    I don't. The only place have all the numbers I need is in my blackberry contacts right on the phone.
    Ok. Well just hook up your blackberry to your computer and use Desktop manager to put all your calendar and contacts on your computer. And once you do that you are good to go because when you hook up your iPhone it will ask you where you want to sync your info and you will select the same email client that you synced your blackberry to.

Or you can go here

Google Sync for your phone

and download the google sync app for your blackberry. This will put all your contacts and calendar entries on google. That way you always have web based access to your stuff if something happened to your phone. Once that is done you set up google sync on your iPhone and it will automatically import everything. If you don't have a google account, open one. It's very useful.
    CK#CB likes this.
    02-02-2011 11:23 AM
    +1. Google sync is actually a very good cross platform application.
    02-02-2011 11:25 AM
    Backup Assistant works perfectly on BlackBerries... I've gone through five BlackBerries in the past year and a half, and I've used Backup Assistant to transfer my contacts every single time. It's also by far the easiest option... all you do is click a button XD
    Last edited by chirmer; 02-02-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: adverb fail...
    02-02-2011 12:41 PM
    Ill sell my three Storm 2's and never look back. As long as I have my contacts I could care less.
    Devinfowlkes15 likes this.
    02-02-2011 07:32 PM
    I created a Google account & downloaded Google sync to my blackberry. It added my contacts to Google no problem but my calendar entries were not added. Did I miss something? I have been using Outlook to do my BB syncs previously.....is there a way to maybe transfer my calendar from Outlook to Google since the sync didn't work?

Any help is much appreciated?
    02-02-2011 07:40 PM
    I did see something on twitter about a vzw app that you can download from the app store for data transfer
    02-02-2011 07:59 PM
    The vzw backup assistant works on the storm. It should work with others. If you are syncing to outlook, it should active sync with the iPhone.
    02-02-2011 08:13 PM
    Backup Assistant. It will work. Don't worry.
    02-07-2011 04:20 AM
    The wife and I will probably wonder in into Big Red's house and have them do the contact transfer.
    02-07-2011 07:20 AM
    I created a Google account & downloaded Google sync to my blackberry. It added my contacts to Google no problem but my calendar entries were not added. Did I miss something? I have been using Outlook to do my BB syncs previously.....is there a way to maybe transfer my calendar from Outlook to Google since the sync didn't work?

Same happen to me, I got some sort of server error message for syncing the calendar
    02-07-2011 08:10 AM
    If you have a mac, you can pair your blackberry and your laptop and transfer all your contacts right into your address book on your laptop via bluetooth. Its effortless and extremely quick!
    02-07-2011 01:23 PM
    If you have a mac, you can pair your blackberry and your laptop and transfer all your contacts right into your address book on your laptop via bluetooth. Its effortless and extremely quick!
    More details.

I think I may just do mine with the Backup Assistant though.

Basically I'd just back my Blackberry up with the Assistant and then open up the Backup Assistant on the iPhone, no?
    02-07-2011 01:27 PM

Dont quote me but I belive it didnt sync your calender because your entries were not listed under your gmail account when you entered them. they were either under another email account or facebook. I enter all my things on my bb under my gmail account and everything synced fine. just a thought but not 100% sure
    02-07-2011 01:30 PM
    Ok, I did it.

Going into the store wil cost you $20 per phone.

Easiest way to do it is through backup assistant right on the blackberry screen (or can be downloaded in blackberry app world) while the blackberry is still active.

When you plug in the iphone, download Verizon Contact Transfer, and that picks up the backup you just did OTA.

Any questions...let me know!
    02-07-2011 07:54 PM
    Okay, I am getting frustrated. My BB Tour does not have backup assistant loaded on it. I go to the BB app store like said in this thread and it cannot be found. All I want is the stupid BB backup assistant! I don't want to do the desktop manager route as I don't use Outlook on this computer. I don't use a Gmail account so I don't want to have to create one just to transfer my damn phone numbers from my BB to my iphone. Help?????
    02-08-2011 06:02 PM
    Find the app on the Blackberry that manages Verizon's proprietary applications and see if Backup Assistant is there - if so, download & set up; then set-up and do it on your new iPhone after activating.
    02-08-2011 06:20 PM
    Find the app on the Blackberry that manages Verizon's proprietary applications and see if Backup Assistant is there - if so, download & set up; then set-up and do it on your new iPhone after activating.
    That is what is so frustrating, there is no place to access the Verizon apps on my BB other than Vcast and Vzw tones that I can find??? I search through the BB world apps and there is nothing but "aftermarket" backup apps for sale.
    02-08-2011 06:28 PM
    Have you tried to do it online when you log in to 'my verizon'?
    02-08-2011 06:31 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD