Blackberry to iPhone data transfer

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did it.

Going into the store wil cost you $20 per phone.

Easiest way to do it is through backup assistant right on the blackberry screen (or can be downloaded in blackberry app world) while the blackberry is still active.

When you plug in the iphone, download Verizon Contact Transfer, and that picks up the backup you just did OTA.

Any questions...let me know!

jhande

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I am getting frustrated. My BB Tour does not have backup assistant loaded on it. I go to the BB app store like said in this thread and it cannot be found. All I want is the stupid BB backup assistant! I don't want to do the desktop manager route as I don't use Outlook on this computer. I don't use a Gmail account so I don't want to have to create one just to transfer my damn phone numbers from my BB to my iphone. Help?????

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Find the app on the Blackberry that manages Verizon's proprietary applications and see if Backup Assistant is there - if so, download & set up; then set-up and do it on your new iPhone after activating.

jhande

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Find the app on the Blackberry that manages Verizon's proprietary applications and see if Backup Assistant is there - if so, download & set up; then set-up and do it on your new iPhone after activating.

That is what is so frustrating, there is no place to access the Verizon apps on my BB other than Vcast and Vzw tones that I can find??? I search through the BB world apps and there is nothing but "aftermarket" backup apps for sale.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, their directions are to click on the "backup assistant" icon on my BB. I don't have that on mine.

Is there a chance it's there, but hidden? Go to the menu to 'show all'.

Otherwise - you may need to check to see if there's an OS update you need to do... one more thing to do is dial *228 - select option 1 which will reprogram the phone, and also go into the menu where you register the device on the network - one or both of those actions should cause the system to push any missing default software/icons to download.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I am getting frustrated. My BB Tour does not have backup assistant loaded on it. I go to the BB app store like said in this thread and it cannot be found. All I want is the stupid BB backup assistant! I don't want to do the desktop manager route as I don't use Outlook on this computer. I don't use a Gmail account so I don't want to have to create one just to transfer my damn phone numbers from my BB to my iphone. Help?????

I just helped my daughter with her BB -> iPhone4 transfer... use the BB Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook... then using iTunes, sync the iPhone4 with the Outlook contacts/calendar... took just a few minutes... done.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
He isn't using outlook.

Also try a battery pull after *228. Otherwise, I'm out if ideas. Mine wasn't in the main menu, but it was there after I clicked 'show all'. It could also be hidden in a folder like downloads or apps.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The only way I know how to do that is to get them saved on the computer and then transferred to iTunes.

jhande

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. I ended up giving in and setting up a Google account and using their sync. It worked fine, just didn't want to open up "another " account if I didn't have to. You know?

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Great thread and great advice!

I'll be leaving Blackberry behind once my iPhone arrives. I've wanted an iPhone since they came out, but I live in the boonies, and AT & T has awful service out here, and I just couldn't switch.

Verizon getting the iPhone has made my MONTH. =D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73