Have you tried to do it online when you log in to 'my verizon'?
    Yes, their directions are to click on the "backup assistant" icon on my BB. I don't have that on mine.
    02-08-2011 06:37 PM
    I would call tech support. I hope it isn't that the OS on your blackberry needs updating.
    02-08-2011 06:40 PM
    Yes, their directions are to click on the "backup assistant" icon on my BB. I don't have that on mine.
    Is there a chance it's there, but hidden? Go to the menu to 'show all'.

Otherwise - you may need to check to see if there's an OS update you need to do... one more thing to do is dial *228 - select option 1 which will reprogram the phone, and also go into the menu where you register the device on the network - one or both of those actions should cause the system to push any missing default software/icons to download.
    02-08-2011 06:53 PM
    Okay, I am getting frustrated. My BB Tour does not have backup assistant loaded on it. I go to the BB app store like said in this thread and it cannot be found. All I want is the stupid BB backup assistant! I don't want to do the desktop manager route as I don't use Outlook on this computer. I don't use a Gmail account so I don't want to have to create one just to transfer my damn phone numbers from my BB to my iphone. Help?????
    I just helped my daughter with her BB -> iPhone4 transfer... use the BB Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook... then using iTunes, sync the iPhone4 with the Outlook contacts/calendar... took just a few minutes... done.
    02-08-2011 06:54 PM
    He isn't using outlook.

Also try a battery pull after *228. Otherwise, I'm out if ideas. Mine wasn't in the main menu, but it was there after I clicked 'show all'. It could also be hidden in a folder like downloads or apps.
    02-08-2011 06:57 PM
    I will definitely need to be transferring files from my blackberry. thanks for all the advice.
    02-08-2011 07:35 PM
    Ive got a question. Is they're anyway I can transfer pictures over from my Blackberry to the Iphone ?
    02-08-2011 08:56 PM
    The only way I know how to do that is to get them saved on the computer and then transferred to iTunes.
    02-09-2011 06:07 AM
    Thanks for all the help. I ended up giving in and setting up a Google account and using their sync. It worked fine, just didn't want to open up "another " account if I didn't have to. You know?
    02-09-2011 07:22 AM
    Thanks for all the info
    02-09-2011 08:45 AM
    Great thread and great advice!

I'll be leaving Blackberry behind once my iPhone arrives. I've wanted an iPhone since they came out, but I live in the boonies, and AT & T has awful service out here, and I just couldn't switch.

Verizon getting the iPhone has made my MONTH. =D
    02-09-2011 06:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD