Apple has issued a reminder!

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Wireless? upcoming iPhone 4 will become available to pre-order starting tomorrow. We already detailed Verizon?s procedure for iPhone pre-orders, which the carrier will begin accepting at 3:00AM EST tomorrow, and now Apple has confirmed that it too will take pre-orders online. Pre-orders are on a first come, first served basis and are available to current Verizon Wireless subscribers only. Though no one knows how much inventory is available for pre-order, we can surely expect an announcement at some point tomorrow saying that pre-orders are sold out ? regardless of how many orders are taken. Verizon Wireless? iPhone 4 goes on sale for new and existing subscribers at 7:00AM local time on February 10th. Hit the jump for Apple?s press release and don?t forget to set those alarms.

iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless Available for Pre-Order Tomorrow
CUPERTINO, California?February 2, 2011?Apple? today announced an exclusive opportunity for Verizon Wireless? 94 million customers to pre-order iPhone? 4 online beginning on Thursday, February 3 through the Apple Store? (Apple) and at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ss-devices/smartphones/iphone/&token=cboaO_UT. Due to high demand, customer orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis.

Beginning on Wednesday, February 9, all qualified customers will be able to order an iPhone 4 on Verizon through the Apple Store (Apple) for delivery or reserve for in-store pick up beginning February 10.

Beginning at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, February 10, iPhone 4 on Verizon will be available to all qualified customers at Apple?s retail stores. iPhone 4 will also be available at more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores nationwide.

iPhone 4 is the most innovative phone in the world, featuring Apple?s stunning Retina? display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone resulting in super crisp text, images and video, and FaceTime?, which makes video calling a reality. iPhone 4 also features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple?s A4 chip and a beautiful glass and stainless steel design like no other mobile phone. Verizon Wireless customers will also enjoy new Personal Hotspot capabilities allowing them to use iPhone 4 to connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices.

Pricing & Availability
iPhone 4 on the Verizon Wireless network will be available for a suggested retail price of $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB model with a new two year agreement. iPhone 4 will be available through the Apple Store (Apple), at Apple?s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. iPhone 4 will also be available at more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores nationwide, online at https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ss-devices/smartphones/iphone/&token=cboaO_UT, select retail partners, and by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN.

Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork, and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple is reinventing the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced its magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices

From Boy Genius Report

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
which would you recommend? never gone thru this type of process. I might stick with the VZW site since I feel more comfortable with it. I realllllllly hope the VZW site doesn't crash

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you can, I would have a browser page opened for both sites just in case one of them is being bombarded and the traffic slows it down a lot. The good thing about this preorder is that only existing customers will be able to preorder. On the 3GS and iPhone 4 launch with AT&T preordering opened the same day for everyone and that included new customers and those eligible for full upgrade, partial upgrade and full retail. I'd expect VZW and Apple to be able to handle this much better because overall it should be a lot less people.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree even when the iphone 4 launched they sold what like 600,000 in a day. I cant see more than that since it is just verizon customers who can preorder for now but who knows

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice it says that if you are not a Verizon customer you can pre-order on the 9th? WOOO HOOOO! That is a day earlier than I expected. Very good news!

Also it doesn't mention this option for Verizon. Can it only be done through Apple?

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree even when the iphone 4 launched they sold what like 600,000 in a day. I cant see more than that since it is just verizon customers who can preorder for now but who knows

that was 600,000 just in preorders. Is was over 1,000,000 with Apple store launch day sales. Verizon should do very well with the release

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Take the total amount of Verizon subscribers

Then subtract the percentage of subscribers not interested at all in Smartphones

Then subtract the percentage of subscribers interested in smartphones, but NOT up for renewal and NOT willing to pay full retail

Basically my thoughts are the amount of Verizon subscribers interested in the iPhone enough to stay up at 3AM, 1AM, or midnight depending on where you live, and are either eligible for upgrade or willing to pay full retail like many of us will not be AS significant as many of us may think. You figure you get the swarms of those like us out of the way early. Followed by the swarms that will do the preorder in the morning when they wake up which will spread throughout the day until it is probably out of reserve stock with a reasonable amount of people that wanted one early, getting them.

Then the open orders should be a lot more manageable, they are pretty smart with the way they are spreading it out. I wish they were as smart with the comminications to staff, lol

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Take the total amount of Verizon subscribers

Then subtract the percentage of subscribers not interested at all in Smartphones

Then subtract the percentage of subscribers interested in smartphones, but NOT up for renewal and NOT willing to pay full retail

Basically my thoughts are the amount of Verizon subscribers interested in the iPhone enough to stay up at 3AM, 1AM, or midnight depending on where you live, and are either eligible for upgrade or willing to pay full retail like many of us will not be AS significant as many of us may think. You figure you get the swarms of those like us out of the way early. Followed by the swarms that will do the preorder in the morning when they wake up which will spread throughout the day until it is probably out of reserve stock with a reasonable amount of people that wanted one early, getting them.

Then the open orders should be a lot more manageable, they are pretty smart with the way they are spreading it out. I wish they were as smart with the comminications to staff, lol

I agree. I'd be surprised if the number surpasses AT&T's iPhone launch because everyone will not be able to purchase one. AT&T and Apple let both new customers and existing customers pre-order. And that included those eligible for early upgrade that would take 200 off the price of the phone. Since VZW doesn't offer that option and the preorders are limited to existing customers, I'd expect the numbers to be smaller for now. People also have to take into account that there were no real good Android devices on AT&T last year for launch so many people hated their phones and the iPhone was the it. Meanwhile on VZW, you have many more customers that are satisfied with their current devices and will not switch right now. Overall, I think VZW will do very good especially on the 10th I'd would really be surprised to see preorder numbers anywhere near last years figures.

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Someone can probably answer this question, are they having the pre-order only to establish how many units they may need for launch? I really don't see the point now if the pre-orders get the phone on the same day if not later due to shipping

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Someone can probably answer this question, are they having the pre-order only to establish how many units they may need for launch? I really don't see the point now if the pre-orders get the phone on the same day if not later due to shipping

I'm sure getting a ballpark figure is a small part of it but the point of preordering is to ensure you actually get a device. That's what it's for. Did you not know that many people who stand in those long lines come away empty handed? Last year when many Apple stores sold out there was a 2-3 week wait to get one. This is the benefit of preordering.... you ensure you get one. It's not for people to be guaranteed devices before anyone else. Preordering this phone is no different than preordering anything else where you don't get your hands on it until it's out but you know you have one. Beats standing in a long line, cold in many areas of the country and you MIGHT get one.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Pre-orders will come to your door and you wont need to camp out at Apple or Verizon to get one. But Im sure there is some thruth to your question. Maybe a tempature gauge.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure getting a ballpark figure is a small part of it but the point of preordering is to ensure you actually get a device. That's what it's for. Did you not know that many people who stand in those long lines come away empty handed? Last year when many Apple stores sold out there was a 2-3 week wait to get one. This is the benefit of preordering.... you ensure you get one. It's not for people to be guaranteed devices before anyone else. Preordering this phone is no different than preordering anything else where you don't get your hands on it until it's out but you know you have one. Beats standing in a long line, cold in many areas of the country and you MIGHT get one.

After they sold out on launch day, it was 3 weeks for Apple to ship orders in which meant it took 4 weeks to get from order date. Many Vzn people have no idea what a iPhone launch is all about until they experience one.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After they sold out on launch day, it was 3 weeks for Apple to ship orders in which meant it took 4 weeks to get from order date. Many Vzn people have no idea what a iPhone launch is all about until they experience one.

Yeah I know. They had shortages for weeks at Apple stores. You had to keep calling your Apple store every day to see if they got any in. It's that serious. Anyone that doesn't preordering is an advantage simply because you don't get the device earlier, I challenge them to not preorder and take the road on feb 10th to get one. Then they'll wish they had preordered one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen