Pre-orders at Apple.com too?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

Verizon iPhone will go on general sale at 7AM on February 10th -- Engadget

Bigger news:

pre-orders will be opened up to the general public on February 9th, when you'll be able to reserve or have one delivered on launch day, February 10th. Shops will open their doors early, 7AM -- matching AT&T's early opening for the iPhone 4's original launch way back in June -- and availability will be broad, encompassing Apple's brick and mortar Stores, Verizon's 2,000+ retail locations, select partners, and even a zany 1-800-2 JOIN IN phone number you can call. So, really, the only people left without a Verizon iPhone on February 11th should be those that don't actually want one.

By the way, the "zany" phone number has been around Verizon for a long time... :)

Edit to add:

BGR In on it too: Reminder: Verizon Wireless iPhone 4 pre-orders start tomorrow | BGR | Boy Genius Report

Last edited:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of ordering from apple vs. verizon come 3am? I'm tempted to use apple because I suspect their customer service and shipping speed would potentially be better, but at least, not be worse than verizon...

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of ordering from apple vs. verizon come 3am? I'm tempted to use apple because I suspect their customer service and shipping speed would potentially be better, but at least, not be worse than verizon...

If you are planning on paying full retail, you need to go through VZW. apple.com does not allow you to preorder or buy at full retail.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
apple is $50 cheaper full retail compared to verizon and im sure their website will be better equipped to handle the influx of alot of people coming to their site at once

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
apple is $50 cheaper full retail compared to verizon and im sure their website will be better equipped to handle the influx of alot of people coming to their site at once

That is true, that Apple is $50 cheaper for full retail (At least according to their webpage). However, based on the fact that even AT&T users can not order the iPhone on store.apple.com at full retail, but must go in to an Apple Store, leads me to believe that only discount eligible purchases can be pre-ordered on store.apple.com and all others must use verizonwireless.com.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is true, that Apple is $50 cheaper for full retail (At least according to their webpage). However, based on the fact that even AT&T users can not order the iPhone on store.apple.com at full retail, but must go in to an Apple Store, leads me to believe that only discount eligible purchases can be pre-ordered on store.apple.com and all others must use verizonwireless.com.

yeah but does it say that anywhere on the apple site??

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah but does it say that anywhere on the apple site??

Yes. If you go to store.apple.com to order one today (AT&T), after you select the model you want, you are presented with this screen:

20110202-br7afjmdmkye99scmj3adkb8dc.medium.jpg

Click on the FAQ at the bottom asking about a contract brings up this:

20110202-d16s2q5kdsnm12qx7ydu9a8ffg.medium.jpg

Again, this is nothing more than my speculation, but if ordering at Full Retail tonight/tomorrow morning? I wouldn't chance going through Apple, and I would prefer to go through Apple any chance I get.

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hum... now to pre-order (for shipping) tonight, and be delivered sometime next week, in which I will be gone and hopefully have shipped to my mom's work, so I can pick up there Saturday (12th) night or Sunday. -OR- Pre-order on Apple's website the 9th, while in Las Vegas, to pick up in store the 10th. I sure don't want to wait in line for MAX 2 hours, especially if they open at 7AM.

??? Decisions, decisions...

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
This is great news. Now I can go to bed early tonight. Pre-order on the 9th and pick up my wife's phone on the 10th at an Apple store in tax free NH.

Sweet!

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This is great news. Now I can go to bed early tonight. Pre-order on the 9th and pick up my wife's phone on the 10th at an Apple store in tax free NH.

Sweet!

Man I miss those days! (In SC now)

freezkat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Any advantage to ordering online with Apple instead of Verizon tonight? On the Apple website the iPhone 4 return policy is 30 days with no re-stocking fee. On verizon website is says its 14 days plus a re-stocking fee. Not that I'm planning on returning this phone, I've been waiting for it for a long time also, just curious if this makes a difference to anyone else out there.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Any advantage to ordering online with Apple instead of Verizon tonight? On the Apple website the iPhone 4 return policy is 30 days with no re-stocking fee. On verizon website is says its 14 days plus a re-stocking fee. Not that I'm planning on returning this phone, I've been waiting for it for a long time also, just curious if this makes a difference to anyone else out there.

I agree that this should be a consideration for many people. I usually always try to get my devices from a 3rd party then directly from the carrier because 3rd party usually always have a better return policy.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
It is a good point. But for me, I will only be returning it if there is a problem for another one. Which would be covered under warranty or Apple Care

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It is a good point. But for me, I will only be returning it if there is a problem for another one. Which would be covered under warranty or Apple Care

by the way, how will insurance work with the iPhone? Do you pay the additional monthly charge through verizon or do you purchase applecare?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
by the way, how will insurance work with the iPhone? Do you pay the additional monthly charge through verizon or do you purchase applecare?

Applecare is not insurance - it's Extended warranty & support. Insurance will cover lost, theft, inadvertent damage - Applecare does not.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Insurance for Att iPhones's is sold through the Mobile Protect app by Asurion. Probably will be the same for Vzn since Asurion is the major insurance provider. Oh and it must be done within 30 days of purchase

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So the apple website is now saying February 3, we've set aside a limited number for existing Verizon customers February 9 order to have it shipped to your door or store pickup

Is the February 3 still at 3 AM est? If not, I'll do that tonight and if so, I'll wait until the 9th, preorder to pickup at the Apple Store 2 blocks from my office

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is the February 3 still at 3 AM est? If not, I'll do that tonight and if so, I'll wait until the 9th, preorder to pickup at the Apple Store 2 blocks from my office
For pre-orders to be shipped to you on the 10th, yes - tonight's the night. The 9th pre-order is in-store, for in-store pick-up at Apple.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77